Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Canyon on their website [OTT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it is so difficult to buy these bikes in the first place, what happens when you need a spare part, etc.??
I've needed help/parts for my Trek SC in the past, and was pleasantly surprised when it was easy to get both from my local dealer...

I'm jonesing for a new bike, but waiting to see what the big players come out with over the next year. Guessing if you are patient, most of the bikes will be coming out with the better integration, etc.
Last edited by: gibson00: Dec 14, 15 6:05
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [gibson00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gibson00 wrote:
If it is so difficult to buy these bikes in the first place, what happens when you need a spare part, etc.?? .

Here's my experience with Canyon service:
My headset bearings were toast at the end of this season. I was not happy when I found out that ordering them from the manufacturer Arcos was gonna set me back 70€.
Sent an e-mail to Canyon asking if there was any other source for the parts.
Immediately got a response apologizing for the issues and asking for my address, so that they could send replacement bearings to me for free.

In my book that's pretty good service, especially considering that this is a wearing part on a 2011-bike which I am not even the first owner of!

if you can read this
YOU'RE DRAFTING!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gibson00 wrote:
If it is so difficult to buy these bikes in the first place, what happens when you need a spare part, etc.??...
It's only difficult to buy these bikes because said bikes are not on sale yet!
Have you typically had success buying products that had yet to be released?
Having said that, there may be some minor inconvenience sourcing spares if you buy your bike direct from the manufacturer but it's unlikely to be a big issue and may never come up. I've NEVER heard a Canyon owner cite this as a reason they would not get another. IMO buying a bike from Canyon was one of the best decisions I've made in cycling. Zero difficulty with the purchase, delivery, getting a part swapped, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So what would make one choose the Canyon over the Scott Plasma?
Looks like maybe the Canyon has a little more storage?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Canyon tend to have a big edge on spec for the price. Also I don't have the geometry for the two in front of me but I suspect they'll differ.
I haven't done a comparison of the two for storage.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Official info from Canyon on twitter is now that the launch has been postponed until end of January :-(

https://twitter.com/canyon_bikes/status/676684506645032960
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [david222] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"its postponed till the end of january" canyon wrote on twitter. Why are they so lousy with customer service and delivery dates??
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [triguy119] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Customer service feedback is generally pretty good with the exception of late deliveries on some models in the past. My customer service experience was certainly fine.
As I mentioned previously, if they are struggling to have this bike ready, their previous problems meeting delivery dates may be the reason they haven't put the bike on sale on their site yet. Better not to put it on sale, than to take orders you can't fill surely?
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [tommyi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
Official info from Canyon on twitter is now that the launch has been postponed until end of January :-(

And just few days ago they were telling this month. I dont understand why companies do that, they must know better and why not tell what the problem is? There is a point after which being open is just better policy, I believe.

Shame, after such delays, end of Jan with some pent up demand and potential further problems, seems like the old P2 will do another season. On the plus side, it is kind of cool I get to ride Kona with a bike I paid 1000,- for three years ago.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [markko] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like getting Canyon to the USA isn't something that will be happening anytime soon.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. I was targeting picking one up for next season but scrapped that idea. Plus all of the CS commentary on social media is concerning, to say the least.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [davews09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the CS commentary that you've seen centred on delivery times for undersupplied bikes? Aside from that I've heard few complaints and many compliments. My own experience was certainly very acceptable.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [markko] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
markko wrote:
And just few days ago they were telling this month. I dont understand why companies do that, they must know better and why not tell what the problem is? There is a point after which being open is just better policy, I believe.

Because of idiots like me waffling between bikes. I want a Di2 bike, and like 3 different bikes, one of them being the new Canyon. But if I know it's months away from release (for whatever reason) I'll just forget about it and look for a deal on one of the other 2 bikes I like. This way they string me along from month to month waiting for the release while they get their shit together.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [captain-tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
captain-tri wrote:
markko wrote:

Because of idiots like me waffling between bikes. I want a Di2 bike, and like 3 different bikes, one of them being the new Canyon. But if I know it's months away from release (for whatever reason) I'll just forget about it and look for a deal on one of the other 2 bikes I like. This way they string me along from month to month waiting for the release while they get their shit together.
And it works too!
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [captain-tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
captain-tri wrote:
markko wrote:

I want to get a new bike with electronic shifting too, but this lack of info has me giving up and looking other places. Not knowing at all is worse than knowing it'll be X weeks or whatever. That has me checking out the Culprit, Trek, and others instead.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [Liaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Technically, it's a paper. (PDF)

Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [tommyi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone been able to get any news from Canyon lately? There still seems to be a huge s***storm going on on social media platforms which isn't too reassuring for potential buyers... ;)
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [pascalguillet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pascalguillet wrote:
Has anyone been able to get any news from Canyon lately? There still seems to be a huge s***storm going on on social media platforms which isn't too reassuring for potential buyers... ;)

Curious where this "storm" is? Looked around and could only find a few people complaining on facebook. Maybe I'm missing something.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [pascalguillet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pascalguillet wrote:

What's going on with their social media?
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [Dan Funk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mainly fb, but also twitter. Every customer message on fb seems to be negative, and if you check posts from canyon on their fb in the last weeks, you always find people whining in the comments.

(BTW: I own two canyon bikes and love them, no complaints from me so far expect that I'm getting nervous about in time availability of my next season tri-bike...)
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [pascal_ch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Given that they couldn't even complete an order of two tyres correctly and sent one and haven't even sent the 2nd inside a month I certainly would not trust them to manage to get a complex new bike out without a lot of hassle
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [hutchy_belfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now looking at "available to order in February" on the Canyon website.

I've been waiting to pull the trigger on one of these but if its only available to oirder in February, plus say a month's lead time for delivery, that is cutting it fine in terms of getting ready for the coming tri season.

Not very pleased to say the least
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [dah5609] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seriously. This is lame. And you can't get a new BMC with electronic shifting either. This is turning into a real tri bike drought.

Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [hutchy_belfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had three bikes from them with never a problem. I did however order a dropout during their IT switch and subsequently received an email where they - i'm paraphrasing - lost track of orders and didn't know whats going on.

Out of a dozen orders with them, this is the only problem I've had - it was clearly more complex than they anticipated but I imagine that they will sort it out and it will in due course be business as usual for them
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [dah5609] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where do you see this? With me it still says "Available to order soon"

dah5609 wrote:
Now looking at "available to order in February" on the Canyon website.

I've been waiting to pull the trigger on one of these but if its only available to oirder in February, plus say a month's lead time for delivery, that is cutting it fine in terms of getting ready for the coming tri season.

Not very pleased to say the least
Quote Reply

Prev Next