Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

sports bra recommendations
Quote | Reply
Asking this for the wife. She recently decided to start running with me and is finding her current sports bras to not do the job. I am trying to be supportive and got permission to ask the ST women for recommendations. She is a 36C and wants far less movement than her current Nike option provides. This could be a sizing/fit issue, or age. So, what are good recommendations? I will pass the info to her and hopefully the running can continue without the movement she currently receives.

Team Gingerfight
Quote Reply
Re: sports bra recommendations [EJ_S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Moving comfort and underarmour both do bras that come in traditional bra sizes and with a lot of support; they tend to support each breast individually rather than the band approach the nike ones take. Her size in a sports bra may be slightly different but that could be a good place to start?
Quote Reply
Re: sports bra recommendations [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Will pass it along and ihave her try them out.

Team Gingerfight
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Enell

TEN hooks up the front & those babies DON'T MOVE at all ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cacique - not a "sportswear" brand, but they make great bras (sports and otherwise!). Good comfort and support. I wear mine to race tris in, and they have held up pretty well for not being designed for in-water use.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
X2 on moving comfort. I love them particularly because of the adjustable shoulder straps (short torso). I have also found very good success in containment with Champion bras.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Athleta makes nice sports bras that are stink-proof. Love love love. (oh.. and they're cute!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have tried two different bras from Moving Comfort and come to the conclusion that they have a designer whose job is to make my skin chafe until in bleeds. I am a 38D (C when my weight is lower), and since I discovered Shock Absorber, I won't wear anything else. They have models that are fully adjustable, supportive without being restrictive, and don't chafe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, the Shock Absorber Run Bra. The best bra for running. Nothing moves. I wear them for tris as well, under my tri suit.

The only other bra I'd wear for running is the Sweaty Betty run bra, which is much the same thing as the Shock Absorber but comes in nicer colours and is a bit less hefty - so it may be better if she wants to wear it as a crop top in hot weather without a t-shirt. But Sweaty Betty is a UK company, and i don't know if they ship to the US.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EJ_S wrote:
Asking this for the wife. She recently decided to start running with me and is finding her current sports bras to not do the job. I am trying to be supportive and got permission to ask the ST women for recommendations. She is a 36C and wants far less movement than her current Nike option provides. This could be a sizing/fit issue, or age. So, what are good recommendations? I will pass the info to her and hopefully the running can continue without the movement she currently receives.

Suggest she get on the phone or online chat w the ladies in customer service at Title nine. They totally rock and really know their stuff http://www.titlenine.com/...s-bras-and-undies.do
Another excellent company which has great customer service is Team Estrogen. http://www.teamestrogen.com/...rts-bra-sizing-guide phone # is at the bottom, and the blog is helpful also.
I have referred a number of athletes and athletes-to-be to both of these sites; everyone has been thrilled w the results.

Maybe a gift card to either of these places for the holidays?
KS

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply
Re: sports bra recommendations [STConcierge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
STConcierge wrote:
KS

That was my initial thought.... BUT she likes to shop (instant gratification syndrome).

Probably the wrong category to complain about my wife's shopping habits, so, I will just say that I enable her to be able to shop when/where she wants.

I will send her the links you provided - I have to believe someone can help her more than I can. I mean, I can barely dress myself so trying to dress her, not probable.

Team Gingerfight
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Finding the right sports bra is important to physical health and comfort!
FIT MATTERS
1. FINDING YOUR BAND SIZE
Measure snugly and evenly around or just below your existing band.
Add 5 to that measurement and round up to the next even number. This measurement is your band size.
2. BAND MEASUREMENT ACCURACY
To double-check your band size, measure around your torso below your armpits. If this measurement is close to the band measurement, then your measurements are accurate.
BUST SIZE
Measure loosely around the fullest part of your bust, keeping the tape even.
Subtract the band size from the bust size. The difference between the two measurements is your cup size.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EJ_S wrote:
STConcierge wrote:

KS

That was my initial thought.... BUT she likes to shop (instant gratification syndrome).

Probably the wrong category to complain about my wife's shopping habits, so, I will just say that I enable her to be able to shop when/where she wants.

I will send her the links you provided - I have to believe someone can help her more than I can. I mean, I can barely dress myself so trying to dress her, not probable.

Oh look! There's a Title Nine store in the Dallas area...
http://www.titlenine.com/category/retail+stores/dallas+tx.do
I don't have a connection to this shop, by the way, but I have received excellent customer service from them in the past...

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do not have to deal with this problem BUT check out the lululemon athletica, TaTa Tamer. I used to work at lululemon and now an Ambassador. Ladies, who were much larger than I LOVE this bra. Hope that helps.

Jen Rulon
Chasing that Kona Dream since 1989
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Prior to IMAZ I polled my friends for suggestions because I was having a similar problem. I'm a 34C. I didn't have an issue when I used to wear a tri suit with a built-in bra since the built-in plus the swim-suit material kept me in place (I'd size down so the top/suit was tight) . But, now I'm sponsored by a bike shop and have to race in a top without a built-in that's made of non-lycra materia. I tried so many styles this season and found that my options were either too constricting and made it feel hard to breathe (TYR) OR made my boobs too bouncy and a bit obscene if I wanted to unzip my top at all (Zoot).

I regularly run in Lululemon bras size 6 and a friend suggested I tried the All Sport Bra size 4. I was nervous about how it would hold up on the swim. But, it's made of a material that's extremely close to lycra and it worked PERFECTLY for the whole IM (swim and downpours included). Kept my ladies flattened down without having a band that was too tight and never lost it's shape or chaffed.
Quote Reply
Re: sports bra recommendations [swimswam1003] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay - thanks.... I have determined that I am just going to have to tell her to go buy one.

I am assuming that the All Sport is a lululululululululu lemon (or however it is spelled/pronounced) model?

Seems if I just give her permission to spend ~150 on various items, she should be able to purchase a couple bras and possibly a top, just not those lululululululululululululu pants - although, her tip (as she has shorter legs than most) was to purchase the pants in the childrens section, as the legs are shorter, fabric is the same and the price is half.

Team Gingerfight
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, it's the type of style. You can find it online and they have free returns within 14 days and take back any clothing with defects (even if worn). Lululemon has a lot of different style options all with different support levels.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A sports bra with good support and containment allows to reduce the bounce during the effort. If to wear the right sports bra, the bust will stay beautiful longer. I can recommend Cosabella sports bra . Soft, breathable and extremely comfortable + it costs less than 50$ .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi! If you're aiming for support and comfort, VersatX is worth trying. It's one of the best sports bras I've tried and it's quite cool to the skin compared to the others I've tried.
Quote Reply
Re: sports bra recommendations [camharthy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kind of off-topic from the O.P. but anyone have suggestions for:
- anti stink
- lower cut out under-arm?
I wash them immediately (no dryer) and eventually they start to become odoriferous.
My other dilemma is the under arm cut out is too high and rubs. I'm only a small B-cup so strapping the girls down is not an issue.
Quote Reply
Re: sports bra recommendations [camharthy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, quick update. Provided 3 as Christmas gifts and she settled on the All Sports Bra. Thanks all for recommendations. She seemed genuinely happy with the gift.

Team Gingerfight
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My favorite, CW-X Xtra Support Bra!!
Quote Reply
Re: sports bra recommendations [H2oChick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H2oChick wrote:
Kind of off-topic from the O.P. but anyone have suggestions for:
- anti stink
- lower cut out under-arm?
I wash them immediately (no dryer) and eventually they start to become odoriferous.
My other dilemma is the under arm cut out is too high and rubs. I'm only a small B-cup so strapping the girls down is not an issue.

When my workout clothes start to get stinky, I soak them in white vinegar or just run them through the wash with a cupful or two white vinegar and Tide sport detergent. Then I run them through a second time using arm & hammer baking soda detergent.

In summer, I make this a routine practice bc they just get stinky. In winter I just use the tide sport detergent and resort to the vinegar soak if something gets really stinky.

Hope this works for you!
Quote Reply
Re: sports bra recommendations [themadcyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try the Desoto Micro Bra! I get bad chafe under arm and this bra really seems to work for me.
Quote Reply