Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA [larsvanzanten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow! That is a great looking bike!

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Jwizzle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That would be even funnier in Sweden, fel=error, wrong. Tell your husband that it actually says 'wrong Felt' and let him draw the conclusions. Or sell it to a Swede. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [acco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
acco wrote:
That would be even funnier in Sweden, fel=error, wrong. Tell your husband that it actually says 'wrong Felt' and let him draw the conclusions. Or sell it to a Swede. :-)
"Felt wrong" would be even worse ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That looks great. I like the all black wheels.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i want it
alas my bike is only like 2 years old....and the wife wants a new kitchen :(
ugh.....white people problems
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
larsvanzanten wrote:
Drumroll, please...

Felt IA 14
Flo 60 + DISC
Powertap P1

THAT is awesome! Great looking bike.

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Jwizzle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jwizzle wrote:
My lucky lucky husband got the IA 10 I have been coveting (after his bike got stolen). We were sitting in the living room last night admiring it, we noticed something funny (can you see it?)

(Did you find it?)

He's riding a FEL bike.

Now my question: would you want a replacement? He has his own opinion, I'm just curious how other bike fanatics would react!

I would be lying if I said I did not run out and check mine to make sure it was not missing the T. That being said unless they knocked the price down to cost then I would ask for a replacement (a vinyl/sign shop could make a T). Even though you know the bike is legit it could hinder his ability to sell it in the future. I know I would think twice. my 2 cents
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For those who still haven't pulled the trigger, I ordered my IA10 today and Felt said they are expecting them in stock late January which means if I get it before February 1 it would be a win. I made sure I didn't order a "fel".
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [IronStork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They also had a 2015 IA3 for 25% off (in-stock) which was tempting but I really wanted DI2 so I stayed the course. But just a heads-up as may be able to get some great discounts on 2015 bikes.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got a call from the courier on his way to deliver my IA14. So it should be waiting for me after work.

Perfect timing!

I'll be off from today until 4th January and my girlfriend has flown home for Christmas so assuming everything's as it should be with the bike, I'll have plenty time to play with my new toy. I'll book a bike fitting for January. I should be able to set it up pretty well myself but I'll get a second opinion. I might even try fabricating a bespoke rear storage container, but past experience tells me I'm more likely to procrastinate about that for a couple of months before doing it ;)

I'm not expecting the Hadron wheelset I'll be putting on it until a few weeks later as they were on backorder so perhaps no photos for a while yet. We've all seen the stock setup already.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone else have an issue with the rear brake cable rubbing the stem? I cannot see a way this wouldn't rub based on the shape of the top cap and where the cable is routed.

After a few rides I can already feel the cable housing is starting to wear on the outside. Whats the best way to fix this?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Canadian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Canadian wrote:
larsvanzanten wrote:
Drumroll, please...

Felt IA 14
Flo 60 + DISC
Powertap P1

THAT is awesome! Great looking bike.

Sweet looking bike. The yellow against the black will make it stick out for sure.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [The Sloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Take it back to your shop. It should be routed like this.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out my photos a few pages ago. Mine was routed the exact same way. Going to ask for it to be re-routed when I take it in for a service at the start of next year. Where did you get yours from?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SuperDave wrote:
aahydraa wrote:
This. Or a Magura front, although the rear mount won''t handle one.

You can run a Magura hydro rear caliper brake on Shimano Direct Mount rear brake mounting standard with an adapter. I recommend the 10 degree tilt version.
-SD

Can someone explain this? Provide a pic or link to the adapter. Is the 10 degree tilt the adapter or type of brake?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 That does not look even close to being right. For a cleaner set up I have no cables going into the calpac
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [seeyouincourt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
seeyouincourt wrote:
That does not look even close to being right. For a cleaner set up I have no cables going into the calpac

Can you post a pic of your setup?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [The Sloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Sloth wrote:
BryanD wrote:
This might work

Where can you buy this?

Check this out. A new larger GU Pack for long course racing
http://www.trisports.com/...gel-15-servings.html

Maybe this will fit into the IA box?

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Dec 25, 15 16:35
Quote Reply
Post deleted by seeyouincourt [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: seeyouincourt: Dec 25, 15 16:43
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So far I am loving my IA10.

One thing that bothers me a little is there is no quick release for the 105 direct mount rear brake. It has a barrel adjuster by the stem, but that won't be as convenient for quick wheel changes as an actual quick release.

Has anyone tried installing an inline quick release like a Shimano SM-CB-90? Or are there other options?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [seeyouincourt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you fit two bottles on the bike frame?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Mcluvin22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The IA 10 and 14 have seat tube and down tube bolts so yes, you can fit 2 bottles on the frame

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Mcluvin22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mcluvin22 wrote:
Can you fit two bottles on the bike frame?

I'm still deciding what kind of hydration setup I want to use. For now I've been training with 2 bottles on the frame.

It might depend on the size of the frame, the type of cages and the size of the bottles.

On my size 54 I can fit 2 bottles using the 2 bolts closest to the head tube on the downtube for the second cage. I cant use a bottle thats too tall in the downtube cage. My 22oz purist bottles fit, but there is not much extra room. My 26oz bottles won't work with a normal bottle cage. The 26oz bottles might fit with a side loading cage, but i'm not sure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriSports has the GU flask that you were asking about
http://www.trisports.com/...nergy-gel-flask.html

Last edited by: BryanD: Dec 28, 15 11:50
Quote Reply

Prev Next