Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: di2 stem integration options on TM02? [dougo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dougo wrote:
Broke the fork on my TMR01 (not TM01). Replacement by a BMC rep was quoted to be 450 USD. Bought an enve fork for the same price. I couldnt stand the integrated brake on the tmr01. I can't see why the tm01 fork would be any different in cost.

D

That is a tough front fork man. How did you manage to break it?
Quote Reply
Re: di2 stem integration options on TM02? [masa757] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the fork crack on the steerer tube between a spacer and the headset cap on a TM02. Scared the crap out of me. Very luck to not have eaten pavement.

Competitive Cyclist (Backcountry) is who I bought it from and they were really awesome about getting a replacement ASAP. I think it took them a couple days to locate one from BMC and have it shipped in. They overnighted it to me after they got it. Really impressed by the level of customer service at Backcountry.

I guess I really don't bring any sort of solution to the discussion. Good luck to those trying to track down forks!
Quote Reply
Re: di2 stem integration options on TM02? [masa757] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rear ended a car that stopped suddenly in front of me. The fairing jammed against the frame, forming a crack that extended down to the crown. Frame survived. In retrospect, a TMO2 fork probably would have worked.

D
Quote Reply
Re: di2 stem integration options on TM02? [dougo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah man. Yeah that'll do it, glad your okay!
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [VP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello All:

Just received my 2014 TM01 DA Di2 and am considering upgrading the Profile Aeria front end. Any thoughts on which bar fits this frame best? I've seen 3T Brezza, Zipp Vuka Stealth, and Pro Missile on bikes in this thread. Any others that should be considered? Any one of these three outshine the other?

Thank you!

d

Powered by Hub Endurance.....Chattanooga, TN
Quote Reply
Re: di2 stem integration options on TM02? [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Question, wouldn't any fork with the same taper (1-1/4 -- 1-1/8) work for the tm02?? Seems as long as you have the same degree of rake it should work. Thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: di2 stem integration options on TM02? [scyharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scyharris wrote:
Question, wouldn't any fork with the same taper (1-1/4 -- 1-1/8) work for the tm02?? Seems as long as you have the same degree of rake it should work. Thoughts?

I would try to get the fork height dialed in. Fork rake can vary a little bit depending on how you like your bike to handle. Keeping it close to stock isn't a bad idea. Many people here know way more than I do on the subject.

Dan's article from 2004 is still relevant.
Quote Reply
Re: di2 stem integration options on TM02? [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am wondering if anyone has ever tried to fit Shimano Direct mount brakes to this bike? Is it even possible?
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [fabricatedyou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It appears that BMC is only marketing their Ultegra version now:
http://www.bmc-switzerland.com/...achine-tm01-ultegra/

Wonder if a redesign is imminent?

If so, here's what I'd keep
- Stiffness in the rear end
- Ride quality
- Climbs well for a tri bike

And what I'd like to see different
- More brake and frame clearance for wider rims/tires
- Easier to adjust saddle mount
- Easier to adjust brakes

Thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: di2 stem integration options on TM02? [harts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
harts wrote:
I am wondering if anyone has ever tried to fit Shimano Direct mount brakes to this bike? Is it even possible?

The posts aren't the same.
Last edited by: dangle: Dec 9, 15 7:44
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [twain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
twain wrote:
It appears that BMC is only marketing their Ultegra version now:
http://www.bmc-switzerland.com/...achine-tm01-ultegra/

Wonder if a redesign is imminent?

If so, here's what I'd keep
- Stiffness in the rear end
- Ride quality
- Climbs well for a tri bike

And what I'd like to see different
- More brake and frame clearance for wider rims/tires
- Easier to adjust saddle mount
- Easier to adjust brakes

Thoughts?

I thought the same, as I noticed the DA TM01 with 808s Zipps had gone for the coming year. 18months ago I was lucky enough to have a walk around the factory in Switzerland and asked the head designer if there was something in the works for the TM01. He confirmed that there was always 'something in the works' maybe we could be looking at a new Time Machine in the near future, summer 2016 for the Le Tour, it has been 5 years since it was unleashed on the world in the Dauphine de Libere.
Last edited by: iron snorks: Dec 9, 15 1:59
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice to see all your time machines on here. A week ago, I just picked up a 2015 TM02. It's stock standard for now but looking at putting the upgrades together soon. Rode it over the weekend and it rides fantastic and loving every bit of it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm looking at getting this front wheel... http://www.zipp.com/...carbon-clincher---/# But I'm not sure it will fit in a 2013 BMC TM02 without issue. It's pretty wide. I mean it probably will, but has anybody tried or know for sure?

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [twain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like that saddle mount system as long as the saddle has some room between the rails and the actual seat surface. A little ratchet wrench and it's very fast and secure.

If you have something like an Adamo, it's awesome. If you're using a Sitero with the bottle cage mount bolted on, you're kind of hosed.

I agree on everything else. Some integrated storage would be nice. Bosses behind the cable entry at the very least. The Torhans VR bottles fits so nicely in that frame that it's hard to personally 'need' more though.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Superdavetri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Superdavetri wrote:
Hello All:

Just received my 2014 TM01 DA Di2 and am considering upgrading the Profile Aeria front end. Any thoughts on which bar fits this frame best? I've seen 3T Brezza, Zipp Vuka Stealth, and Pro Missile on bikes in this thread. Any others that should be considered? Any one of these three outshine the other?

Thank you!

d

The best integrated is probably Pro Missile. I've gone through a few bars on my TM01 (Di2). 3T Brezza, then Pro Missile, now back to Brezza and I can say the following:
  • I miss the fore-aft adjustability of the Missile; I'm lucky the Brezza works for me but just barely
  • I miss the stellar integration of the Missile with Di2; cabling is managed better
  • Missile is heavier
  • Brezza is cheaper (managed to score one for little over $300, FTW)

I'll be posting on this thread a bit later asking fellow owners to give me some ideas on how to hide the Di2 cables. Once I figure that out, I'll be much happier with the setup with Brezza. For now, I kinda miss the Missile.

#KISPERFORMANCE
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Superdavetri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Superdavetri wrote:
Hello All:

Thank you!

d

I ride a lot of hills in training (live in the SF Bay Area) and the races I do also have a lot of hills (Wildflower & Donner Lake). I like to have bars that feel super secure while descending. If that fits your profile (pun intended) perhaps you'd like Sampson Stratics. I'm pretty psyched with these.
- Drops are positioned way far forward. Simulates road bike drops.
- They have a lot of "upturn" to hang on to
- comfy pads
- "only" $389

Maybe not the most aero but very practical.
http://www.sampsonsports.com/...ts/stratics-tt-bars/

Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [azurebl911] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
azurebl911 wrote:
Superdavetri wrote:
Hello All:

Thank you!

d

The best integrated is probably Pro Missile. I've gone through a few bars on my TM01 (Di2). 3T Brezza, then Pro Missile, now back to Brezza and I can say the following:
  • I miss the fore-aft adjustability of the Missile; I'm lucky the Brezza works for me but just barely
  • I miss the stellar integration of the Missile with Di2; cabling is managed better
  • Missile is heavier
  • Brezza is cheaper (managed to score one for little over $300, FTW)

I'll be posting on this thread a bit later asking fellow owners to give me some ideas on how to hide the Di2 cables. Once I figure that out, I'll be much happier with the setup with Brezza. For now, I kinda miss the Missile.

Opinions on best place to get Pro Missile that has decent pricing?

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just picked this up:

Thinking about changing up the aero bars, the previous owner had Profile Design SVET Aero Bars on it, and they are setup way to tall for me. What do you guys like for bars?
Last edited by: alexer03: Dec 22, 15 11:57
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [alexer03] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have an opinion on the bars, but congrats on the bike.

I recently had a Fit Squared pre-buy fitting done, and the Time Machine actually came out as the best fit, which got me really excited. The nearest shop that sells them is a couple hours away, so I am going to try to arrange everything by phone. I have been riding road bikes in my races so far, and this will be my first tri bike. I live in a very hilly area (Savageman is the closest race to me) so I am going to ask about either swapping out that standard crank for a mid-standard or swapping out the 11-25t for an 11-28t. I am also going to talk to them about power meters. Has anyone had any problems running 25c tires on a TM02? Aside from a few shop policies (free tune-ups? what if the bike doesn't fit? that sort of thing) are there any other bike-specific questions I should ask?

Does anyone else around here ride a small?
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [happyscientist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This one is a small. I am just under 5' 8" for reference. I am going to do a power meter on here, have to head to the shop today and talk to them about options. They suggested the ENVE carbon bars as a replacement for mine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Has anyone had any problems running 25c tires on a TM02?"

Nope. My race tires measure 27mm (at the casing) in the rear and fit just fine. With the horizontal adjustments at the dropouts, you have a bit of flexibility. The fork won't be an issue either as that's a fairly standard Shimano brake caliper.
Last edited by: dangle: Dec 22, 15 12:56
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good to know, thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I occasionally trapped debris in the front cutout with 700x25mm Gatorskins. It scratched the surface coat inside the cutout and that was it. The clearance for me was really low so I switched back to 700x21.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [atasic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
atasic wrote:
I occasionally trapped debris in the front cutout with 700x25mm Gatorskins. It scratched the surface coat inside the cutout and that was it. The clearance for me was really low so I switched back to 700x21.

I wonder if Gatorskins are actually wider than advertised. I had that same problem when I ran them on my Synapse.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Keep snooping around slowtwitch...I picked my Missiles up for $300.
Quote Reply

Prev Next