Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Canyon on their website [JamieJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any update on this? The website has nothing new.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [Poon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That website demands tenacity and creates frustration. I poked around a bit and found the geometry for the Speedmax CF. The images suggest that the bike detailed is not the bike that Frodo flew through the lava. It's on page 12 of the shaded brochures "bikes 2015" . The bike comes in 3 t-shirt sizes: S, M, and L.
The small has a stack of 499mm and reach of 410mm
The med has a stack of 519mm and reach of 432mm
The Lg has a stack of 539mm and reach of 437mm

Those number look to me like legit, top-of-head tube stack and reach but this bike doesn't really have a head tube so in this case we'd typically refer to "pad stack" and "pad reach" like a P5six or Speed Concept, etc. but Canyon doesn't seem to be speaking the same language. Pages 17-20 of the manual addresses the front end adjustments: stem spacers, arm pad pedestal (in addition to building the bike). I guess if a less than mechanically inclined buyer got stuck their LBS would be happy to help.

Ian

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
do you guys think the speedmax will be part of Canyon's 12 day sale?
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [triguy119] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I personally doubt it as their Speedmax was on their factory sales for a long time - I suspect they used up all the remaining stocks. But I may completely wrong - this is purely speculative at this point.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't recall bikes being part of the 12 day sales in previous years, I think it's been accessories only. I bought my speed Max, strive and ultimate on their clearance pages. You just need to keep an eye on them
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ianpeace wrote:
That website demands tenacity and creates frustration. I poked around a bit and found the geometry for the Speedmax CF. The images suggest that the bike detailed is not the bike that Frodo flew through the lava. It's on page 12 of the shaded brochures "bikes 2015" . The bike comes in 3 t-shirt sizes: S, M, and L.
The small has a stack of 499mm and reach of 410mm
The med has a stack of 519mm and reach of 432mm
The Lg has a stack of 539mm and reach of 437mm

Those number look to me like legit, top-of-head tube stack and reach but this bike doesn't really have a head tube so in this case we'd typically refer to "pad stack" and "pad reach" like a P5six or Speed Concept, etc. but Canyon doesn't seem to be speaking the same language. Pages 17-20 of the manual addresses the front end adjustments: stem spacers, arm pad pedestal (in addition to building the bike). I guess if a less than mechanically inclined buyer got stuck their LBS would be happy to help.

Ian

Well crap. I'm really wanting that bike, but only will order if I can be sure about the pad reach. I'm at the very far end of the specs and have to make sure it fits before I can commit. Will greatly appreciate the community figuring it out for sure when this thing hits the market.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Last edited by: ZenTriBrett: Dec 3, 15 17:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ianpeace wrote:
That website demands tenacity and creates frustration. I poked around a bit and found the geometry for the Speedmax CF.
Here's the full Speedmax CF Tri 2013 fit guide. Presumably there'll be a new doc for the Speedmax CF SLX once it's available to order.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How do I know if the speedmax fits me?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
triguy119 wrote:

Bust out a tape measure and find a bike that already fits you. Measure it and then get the Canyon that has those same measurements.

Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ZenTriBrett wrote:
triguy119 wrote:

Bust out a tape measure and find a bike that already fits you. Measure it and then get the Canyon that has those same measurements.

Yep. The Trek SC Fit Guide has a good visualization of how to measure pad stack and reach.

http://www.slowtwitch.com/...C_FitGuide_final.pdf

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

"How do I know if the speedmax fits me? "

I urge you to find a professional bike fitter who has a dynamic fit bike (you can see a list on this very website - see "fitters" on homepage, right side) and get prefit done. Let the fitter take note of your stack and reach and with him/her shop the internet for several bikes that will work for you. Canyon may or many not be one of them.

Ian

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [pad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
still nothing... goddamn it canyon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know. Waiting with credit card in hand for the new bike to go on sale.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [captain-tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd like some news on US distribution.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was told in Kona that that bike would not be coming to Canada until 2017…of course the U.S. and Canada are different. But if you are going through the effort to get distribution in the U.S. then increasing that market by 10-15% by including Canada shouldn't be a big deal.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I figure if that's the case I'd just get the bike shipped to border mailbox place and go pick it up (assuming the price was insane).
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [captain-tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
More of a point that if it isn't coming to Canada by 2017…then maybe it won't be coming to NA by 2017. If it was coming soon then you would think that they would have a bit more of strategy/presence. In terms of a U.S. PO box…yes a good play I am in the interior of B.C. …lots of people have a box at Point Roberts.

The issue, which I can't figure out…with the largest undefended border in the world and a free trade agreement going on 40 years, why I have to pay a shit tonne of extras when getting stuff from say competitive cyclist or PX in Oregon, basically it is easier, faster and cheeper to go with some of the UK sights. (I know UPS/Fedex/DHL are the source of a lot of problems vs USPS)

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ianpeace wrote:

I urge you to find a professional bike fitter who has a dynamic fit bike (

Or you could find someone who understands fit and has a tape measure.
Last edited by: trail: Dec 13, 15 22:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week i asked to Canyon Spain, becouse they told that in Spain we could find it in the website in December but nothing, on Friday they told me that in middle of January but I don't believe in them, i think that they will put on website more or less at the beguining of the summer but the customer service and post-selling service of Canyon is horrible...so I´m going to buy a specialized shiv.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [octavuszgz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just had a chat with an employee through the chat on their website and that employee told me that the launch is postponed to the middle of January. Very disappointing.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [david222] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so frustrating....what could explain this delay? I can figure out for US but for Europe...?
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [Mat-USA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mat-USA wrote:
so frustrating....what could explain this delay? I can figure out for US but for Europe...?

He told me that there is to much uncertainty about the delivery of parts of their partners (SRAM Wiereless group etc) so they decided to postpone
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [Mat-USA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Canyon had difficulties with the Ultimate SLX in 2013 when they started selling it at the end of 2012 but couldn't fill many of those orders until mid 2013. IIRC that was due to a minor modification to the frame layup to address an issue discovered late in testing. They got a lot of criticism on forums over that. Perhaps that experience has made them reluctant to put new products on their site before they know they can deliver on time.
My experience with Canyon on my purchase in 2014 was nothing but good. I had a minor issue requiring customer service and they were very responsive. Having said that, I have been a bit frustrated with the lack of info for the new Speedmax and the confusing state of their current website. I don't think the Speedmax will suit me (geometry is a little too low and price probably a little too high) but it would have been good to know enough to make a more educated decision. As it is I've gone elsewhere this time.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [Liaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what do you think retail price will be for a full bike with electronic shifting?

Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the information I got from Canyon:
- Speedmax CF, about 2000 eur for the cheapest model.
- Speedmax CF SLX (electronic only), about 4500 eur for the cheapest model
Quote Reply

Prev Next