Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Seat Clamp for Scott Plasma CR1
Quote | Reply
Hi All

I have bought a used Scott Plasma CR1 Pro from around 2008. The bike has an integrated seat mast that has already been cut off to match the previous owner's height
My initial take was, that the mast is high enough for me. But I have had a some problems with knee pain lately. However, I am not sure if it has to do with saddle height.

Now I am taking the bike to a bike fitter on Monday and I fear that he will conclude that the saddle is not high enough.

So my question is, if it is possible to get a longer seat clamp for the Scrott plasma CR1. I have seen it mentioned here and there but haven't been able to find anything concrete. The one I am using currently is about 8 CM long. If a longer one has been produced, where can I buy it?

Any help appreciated.

Br,

Martin
Quote Reply
Re: Seat Clamp for Scott Plasma CR1 [MartinBuhl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dear,

Could you please tell me whether you found out any solution for this problem? Because I have the same.

Thank you
Quote Reply
Re: Seat Clamp for Scott Plasma CR1 [alexandre1202] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I found out that there is a longer version. I managed to order it through a local bike shops that is a Scott retailer.
Try find a shop that sells Scott bikes and ask them to order it.

Best regards,

Martin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Martin

In fact a B2B site has already answered me that there are only two version, short and long. But the longer is not enought to me.

Thank you for your attention
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have both the shorter and longer one. I'm not using the longer one but I want to hold onto it. You may also want to compare seats. I'm moving to a Cobb from a Specialized and I need to chop about a few millimeters off my seat mast to get it to the same height.

Also, you can run the clamp a little higher than the length of the mask. On mine I've added about a 2-3mm of a spacer I made from the portion of the seat mast that I originally cut off. I guess my legs got longer. This prevents the clamp from slipping down to the top of the mast and also relieves the stress off the clamp.

I think I ordered the longer clamp from trisports. Be aware that if you are using a braided saddle rail you need a different set of pinchers that grab the seat rail. I have them as well and some saddle ( Fizik I believe) that sucks that I've never used. Also, the bike sucks to travel with as I have to take off the front fork to get it in my case.
Quote Reply
Re: Seat Clamp for Scott Plasma CR1 [summitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any chance you still have the longer one and and willing to sell it. Using shorter crank arms and when I went to raise the seat ran out of room
Thank mick
Quote Reply