Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [skullyrush] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gotcha. Yeah, it looks clean, I like it.

I've got a 90 on mine but I probably need a 110 or 120. Trying to decide whether to by another 760 or just find a ransom stem that fits.

Powered by Dalzell Coaching
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [jsiege11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The TriRig Sigma X fits I believe (http://tririg.com/store.php?c=sigma). The only down side is that they're not in production yet. When faced with buying another Oval 760 or waiting on the TriRig, I'd wait on the TriRig. I would have already pre-ordered one but it would stretch me out too much and I'm quite happy with my fit as is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
skullyrush wrote:
Here's some pics of how I routed the cables. I really don't like how I have to route the front brake cable but I can live with it. If I had to do it over again I'd go with the Zipp Vuka Aero or the TriRig Alpha Classic. However, I am relatively happy with the setup so no need to spend $700+ on a new base bar etc.

Hi, just bought one of these frames to build up for next year. Could you help me out and tell me what the cable outers stop up against when they run through the cap in the top-tube?
thanks
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [kevb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The outers don't have stops. They run through the frame and to the FD, RD, and rear brake. I've re-cabled min enough now to where it takes about 30 minutes at most to run new outers. Did some flexible brake/shift noodles come with your frame?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cheers, that's a lot of cable outer! The clear liner tubes get removed and kept once the inner wires are put through then and the outer pushed over them?

Yup, got the hardware that came with the bike; top tube caps, noodles and other bits for the brakes
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [kevb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My frame didn't have the clear tubes since it was fully assembled when I got it. I usually just run a inner wire through the frame and then pull the outer over it, so pretty much the same process.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone on here using Flo wheels with their Norcom?

Had some issues with my Oval wheels so i plan on using my flo's now. Might just be me since im not bike savvy in the brake dept but it doesnt look like these TRP brakes open up too much to fit a flo wheel. again, i know it's probably me but i was turning the knobs near the brake lever and underneath the bike near the brakes wondering which one would open up the brakes.

thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [gleeclub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have Flos but they should fit. The screws you're referring to are to adjust the balance between the pads relative to the brake track. If you need to open the brakes up more, you'll have to loosen the cable anchors on both brakes and space them out to fit the Flos.

Do you have an inline barrel adjuster on your brake lines? If you don't I'd recommend adding some or getting brake levers that allow you to adjust the distance between the pads and the rim. I'm using the Bontrager xXx ones and they have built in adjusters. TRP makes some as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
great thanks.

no i do not, i will mention the IBA to my mechanic at my lbs. thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [gleeclub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know exactly what brake you have but it should work. If loosening the cable alone doesn't work, you may have to remove some spacers from behind your brake pad.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Take care,

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [Canadian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is my Norcom with Flo 60/90. I didn't need to do anything else other than loosening the cable. Love the wheels.

Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [SLOWDT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SLOWDT wrote:
Here is my Norcom with Flo 60/90. I didn't need to do anything else other than loosening the cable. Love the wheels.

Wow! Great looking bike!

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [SLOWDT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I gotta agree, that's seriously awesome looking.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I love the bike. Norcoms don't get much love it seems.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll hopefully be picking up a new 1.3 next month. I've read the bars are garbage, and the LBS I'm dealing with has had to send a few back due to a number of issues. Leads me to my question. What bars are you using on the bike, possibly with pictures? I've got a set of shimano pro bars I'll transfer over until I find/can afford a new set.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [rjrankin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got a 1.3 last year...really good deal, and like it a lot but definitely the arm rests needed to go.

One of the ways they get some of the advertised range of fit is that the arm rests clip to the extensions (so you can slide them to where ever you want to adjust reach). I'm 185 and they just didn't work for me -- I couldn't get them tight enough to stay at the level I set them (and it sucks to hit a bump and have the arm rests drop).

I bought the Zipp alumina clip armrests and used them with the Oval extensions that came with the bike. The Zipps are really comfortable and far better, and they were a quick/cheap solution. Eventually, I upgraded the entire bar to a nicer base bar (with better cable routing, also), but the Zipps were a fine solution that I could have kept using in terms of functionality.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [dand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, the factory setup is poor quality IMO. I've had a few different base bar, pads and extension setups on my bike. My current one is a Zipp Vuka Bull with Zipp Vuka Alumina clips and arm rests. I moved from my previous 3T setup because I wanted the ability to angle my extensions and pads upward. So far I've been really happy with the Zipp ones.

Just waiting for TriRig to release the Sigma X and my front end will be finished. Cable routing for me is pretty simple since going to a 1x11 drivetrain.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just put this all together. Feels as fast as it looks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone running the Oval wheels it comes with?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [brenth555] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice looking bike. It even appears to be comfortable on the sofa!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been using the stock wheels that came one my 1.3 for training wheels. I have had no issues at all with them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife would tweak shit if I put my bike on our Pendleton blanket like that.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [Runless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well sadly my girlfriend does not care for the glory of Pendelton wool, so it is relegated to the couch but trust me the tires were very clean when I took this. Two of my loves in one pic. Also this is the 2.5 so the wheels that came with it are for training only.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fresh out of the box.

Quote Reply
Re: The official Fuji Norcom Straight thread [rjrankin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks great! I really like how Fuji did the paint scheme on the 2016 models. On my '14 it has Fuji plastered on every surface, the newer ones look much more understated and classy.
Quote Reply

Prev Next