Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [JayPeeWhy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JayPeeWhy wrote:

The real IMC 2015 F40-44 Podium. Taken in Kona tonight.

I find it interesting that even though you have thoroughly defeated her, it appears that Ms. Miller continues to dominate your life. You certainly like to keep stirring the pot here. I wonder how much of your time in Kona has been spent talking about Ms. Miller. Kind of sad, in my opinion.

But, congrats. You won.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [Dan Funk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kind of sad that Miller cheated these guys out of the original glory more like.

Enjoy Kona.

And funky trophies ! ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There appears to be detractors, but to me that pic symbolizes thousands of person (and family) hours of hard work and sacrifice.

[ The sign of intelligence is you are constantly wondering. Idiots are always dead sure about every damn thing they are doing in their life. - Vasudev ]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am starting to agree.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
I am starting to agree.

I'm not.

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [stringcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stringcheese wrote:
ajthomas wrote:
I am starting to agree.

I'm not.

Nor me either . So glad to see the three deserving gals there and ready to rock it.

Hugh

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sciguy wrote:
stringcheese wrote:
ajthomas wrote:
I am starting to agree.

I'm not.

Nor me either . So glad to see the three deserving gals there and ready to rock it.

Hugh

I agree. 100%.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JayPeeWhy wrote:

That podium box sure would've come in handy

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Classic, good luck to the real qualifiers from IMC.
JayPeeWhy wrote:

Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sciguy wrote:
stringcheese wrote:
ajthomas wrote:
I am starting to agree.

I'm not.

Hugh
Nor I! Actions have consequences, and her actions shouldn't just be swept under the rug.

Congrats to those ladies!! Enjoy Kona!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In canada, we get specially hurt when one of ours cheat. And we go after them until we get a apology. Apology are magical....but miss Miller asnt done this yet. We should take her citizenship away....

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any update on this? It has been a month now since the last post to this thread. Surely there has been enough time to properly investigate Ms Millers "World Championship". Or are they just waiting for the outrage at this athlete's cheating to blow over in hopes that it all goes away?

Tony
http://www.triathleteguru.com
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jonnyo wrote:
In canada, we get specially hurt when one of ours cheat. And we go after them until we get a apology. Apology are magical....but miss Miller asnt done this yet. We should take her citizenship away....

Make her move to the USA ha ha
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [tonythetriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet:

http://triathlonmagazine.ca/...ioned-for-two-years/

Two year ban,

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mauricemaher wrote:

Two year ban,

Maurice

Happy US Thanksgiving...the thread that keeps on giving! We need a Seinfeld episode written about this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mauricemaher wrote:

Two year ban,

Maurice

Kookoo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She could just cross the border and would be welcomed with open arms....

mauricemaher wrote:

Two year ban,

Maurice
Last edited by: windschatten: Nov 27, 15 22:38
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
She could just cross the border and would be welcomed with open arms....

mauricemaher wrote:

Two year ban,

Maurice

I think if she did that and entered a USAT event and anyone on here got wind of it, this would be reported back to Triathlon Canada/BC as a violation (I am pretty sure if you get banned by your national federation, you can't race any ITU member country sanctioned race). Then she might be up for a 4 year or lifetime ban. We'd need to check what the penalty is for breaking the sanction.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
mauricemaher wrote:

Two year ban,

Maurice

Happy US Thanksgiving...the thread that keeps on giving! We need a Seinfeld episode written about this.

Longest ban for non-PED violation?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triathlon Canada:
Award of Excellence rescinded.
All national Championship Results from 2013 onwards removed.
Request sent to ITU to investigate China.

Quote:
VICTORIA—Triathlon Canada’s Disciplinary Committee has determined sanctions against member, Ms. Julie Miller, for breach of Triathlon Canada’s Code of Conduct.

The Disciplinary Committee has issued a two year ban that prevent Ms. Miller from competing in any race sanctioned by Triathlon Canada, and its members beginning November 1, 2015. The ban also includes competing for Team Canada in events outside of the country.

“Triathlon Canada has taken great pride in building a winning program from the grassroots to elite levels in all distances of our wonderful sport, while respecting the rules of fair play said Tim Wilson, chief executive officer, Triathlon Canada. “We have strong policies against athlete misconduct, and our Disciplinary Committee has taken great care to ensure that both, Ms Miller was given every opportunity to provide evidence in her defense, and that the matter be thoroughly investigated.

In addition, the Disciplinary Committee has also determined that Ms. Miller’s Triathlon Canada Award of Excellence be rescinded, and her name be removed from all National Championship race results from 2013 to present. Triathlon Canada has also issued a formal request to the International Triathlon Union (ITU) to investigate the race results at the 2014 Long Distance World Championships in China.

Ms. Miller was given 15 days – from November 13 – to appeal the decision under Triathlon Canada’s Appeals Policy. Ms. Miller failed to exercise her right of appeal by November 28, and therefore, the sanctions will take effect immediately.

Triathlon Canada is the governing body for triathlon in the country. Recognized as an Olympic medal sport since 2000 and Paralympic medal sport as of 2016, Triathlon Canada’s mandate is to promote, foster, organize and develop the sport of triathlon, and its related disciplines, in Canada. For more information on Triathlon Canada, please visit us at www.triathloncanada.com on the Internet.

FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Chris Dornan
Media and Public Relations
Triathlon Canada
T: 403-620-8731
E-mail: hpprchris@shaw.ca

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kudos to Triathlon Canada!

Tony
http://www.triathleteguru.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since she basically posted on ST she had done nothing wrong, why did she not show the committee the data she had?

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JayPeeWhy wrote:

I thought the ITU were already in the middle of an investigation. No update on that I guess...?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
JayPeeWhy wrote:

I thought the ITU were already in the middle of an investigation. No update on that I guess...?

My recollection was that the ITU said they would add it to the agenda of their next board meeting. However, an official request from Canada to conduct a review basically implies (in my opinion) that her own federation will not stand behind her and doesn't believe she earned it. With both WTC and TriFed Canada both having banned her for other races, the ITU would look rather weak if they don't conduct an equally substantive investigation into the 2014 race.
Quote Reply

Prev Next