Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Tacx Neo - Ask me anything [Donzo98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have a look at DCR blog post on NEO. Comment section is very good as think its the only place actually Tacx support replies. So problems with hub were:
1. seems internally it is not lubed properly so it is advised to lube by the user
2. that creats noise and in some cases hub seized and stopped freewheeling
3. there are problems with some campy casette alignment for 11t ring
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo - Ask me anything [R2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, Im a NEO owner and the guy that was mentioning the 11T cog alignment...

Its a great trainer so far, I advise lubing the plastic sleeve... takes all of 1 minute to do it..

Campy 11s.. err well..... I had nothing but trouble.. not only with the 11T cog (problem is EDCO has the splines for the 2 small splines setup that you need to turn the cog back out of shifting ramp... it still shifted) if you have a 12T cog though, it will work..

The bigger problem I encountered was the fact that because Campy 11s rear derailleurs have an inherent "twist" to them.. by this I mean if you look at a campy rd from the back of the bike, the top pulley is in perfect alignment with the cog, but when you look at the bottom pulley, it is not in vertical alignment .. so if you are on the very top cog there is not enough clearance on the top end to clear the flywheel of the trainer, and the bottom back plate of the RD is resting against the bottom frame of the neo where it bulges out... I tired 3 different bikes on it and all do the same thing... I switched back to Campy 10s with a 12-26 block (I am doing tacx RLV and VR climbs at real gradient and need the granny gear) If you don't run the top cog with Campy 11s, you'll be fine...

The other thing I have noticed is going uphill in particular the gradient feels harder than my computrainer...
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo - Ask me anything [ParisCarbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah i found that i had to reduce my weight to make it behave closer to the road feel
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How much did you reduce your weight?

I also notice with it on Zwift Watopia when you get into the rollers on the back of the course there is a steep downhill after an uphill.. it doesnt seem to react smooth to rather abrupt terrain change.. overall though I really like it...
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo - Ask me anything [ParisCarbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well for tacx VIDEO i had reduced it by 7kg - still looking for the optimal one
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo - Ask me anything [julesg88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does your unit hum when plugged in but not in use? I just got my Neo and was a bit surprised by the soft but noticeable hum.
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo - Ask me anything [DCK27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I suspect the hum is a PC style cooling fan inside the housing that is used to vent warm air away from the PCB. Any ideas what that is in the upper right corner atop the black case (click here for a bigger image)?

The lack of an on/off switch is very surprising as up until the Neo, Tacx had always had a switch to power off the motorbrake for the powered trainers. In this case, Tacx recommends unplugging the trainer when not in use but I would imagine a better/preferable option would be to plug the Neo into a surge protector/power strip, and then turn off the power switch when finished.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by: ms6073: Nov 18, 15 7:37
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo - Ask me anything [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hi
should the neo take any shimano 10 speed

i got a shimano ultegra and cannot get it on - i am a bike dummy so i could be doing something wrong ?

how ridiculous you have to fit your own, many thanks

http://www.amazon.com/...i_detailpage_o01_s00
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo - Ask me anything [ms6073] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fuse or thermal cutoff? Probably the former since it's not nestled up against something that could overheat.
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo - Ask me anything [UKINNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Take a look at Tacx's cassette compatibility chart: http://www.tacx.com/...ners/neo-smart#tab_4

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just discovered that the trainer is not compatible with my bike (FELT DA)

did not see anything on the site i bought it from

waited 6 weeks and now sending it back - bollox
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo - Ask me anything [ms6073] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I expect you will find they are a couple of big resistors upper right. Good place for hot items.
There are two of those fans, one front which is not shown in the picture, and the one in the back. However I think they are not the cause of the humming. You can look through the grill and see if they are moving. I remember correctly the humming noise was still present when they were static.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
UKINNY wrote:

Well I won't bother with the EDCO tips then. I had the same problem with bike fit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
UKINNY wrote:

What specifically about your bike is not compatible?
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo - Ask me anything [tgarson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shape of the back fork , not wide enough

Their site does refer to it and those bikes with integrated brakes

They give you a laughable cut out shape to test it

Guess i should have looked at the Tacx site not just clever training who to be fair are paying shipping back , they responded within 30 mins
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For Neo owners who do not have an iOS device, Tacx has published a new version of the Tacx Utility for Android devices.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will the Tacx NEO fit a 2012 Cervelo P-3? I'm too lazy to cut out the template on their website.
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo - Ask me anything [Nolegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sorry if this was already posted

this is review from Titanium Geek.

his preview of Neo
http://www.titaniumgeek.com/...ws/tacx-neo-preview/

his comparison with Kickr. there is a nice video comparing the noise level and the Neo lateral movement
http://www.titaniumgeek.com/...-neo-vs-wahoo-kickr/

his long term review
http://www.titaniumgeek.com/...-term-review-update/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
all i can tell u it fits my p5 size 54 but with very little space to spare
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DCR says it fits his Cervelo. I think he said it was a P3C. I wouldn't know what year it is, but must be close to 2012. He commented somewhere on his Neo page.
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo - Ask me anything [sharkbait_au] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you sir.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone have Neo - TrainerRoad stories (or screenshots) to share. It sounds like the original firmware & TrainerRoad configuration resulted in a very slow ramp-up? Anyone have more recent info than this?

. http://forum.tacx.com/...php?f=60&t=25182
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
R2 wrote:
all i can tell u it fits my p5 size 54 but with very little space to spare

what year p5? and it works fine?
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo - Ask me anything [ddave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the cassette installation instructions for the Neo is talks about 9/10 speed Shimano and "pockets" - if ther is one use a 1m spacer and the EDCO 2mm spacer.

Whats a pocket in this context?

FYI The cassette now takes a Shimano tool. I'd even gone and bought a Campag one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recently purchased a Tacx Neo and am pleased with it. I ordered the optional TTS4 advanced software package with the ant+ antenna for my PC and installed the software, but when it scans for my Neo devices, it doesn't find them so I have no way of pairing them to the software on the PC. I know the Neo is sending a signal because my Garmin Fenix 3 watch picks it up. What do I need to try to get the signal to be received by the PC?
Quote Reply

Prev Next