Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official power2max support thread [Power2maxNA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would like to get a P2max but am unsure the model I need (and if a different bottom bracket is needed) I have a 2013 Giant Defy 1. If I looked at the website right is says it has an 86mm bottom bracket and a shimano press fit bottom bracket. I was looking at the models in the $600-$700 range and want to take advantage of the black friday deal. Please let me know which one I need to spend money on.

[http://www.giant-bicycles.com/.../defy.1/11498/55820/]
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [grindmonkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like you have a BB86 so the power meter that would fit in your existing BB would be the Type S Rotor 3D. In that price range you could also look at the Type S FSA Gossamer but you would have to get the MegaExo BB for BB86 as well or you could get the Type S FSA Gossamer BB386EVO and get the corresponding BB86 bottom bracket.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am looking to get the chaining package. I am currently running compact shimano 105. Will that chainring also bolt to the P2max if I were to get the semi compact praxis and wanted to swap chainrigs?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
provided you have 110BCD 5 bolt Shimano, the answer is yes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
a quick question, but let me first state, im an idiot. When it comes to powermeters, i know stages and not a lot else.

What are my options for a 2014 trek speed concept, bb90? Currently has ultegra 6800 mech with 170mm cranks. Cheers :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power2maxNA wrote:
Hello Minh,
Out of curiosity, you emailed us and said we said you only needed a PM and crank (I'm confused who you mean when you say "the company")? The specs on your bike say that you have a SRAM Apex crank and since we know that you have a BB90 chances are good your BB is a GXP standard. This means you would need to get a new regardless of the power meter that you select. If you end up with the Type S FSA Gossamer you'll want to get the MegaExo BB for BB90 (you'll have to source this from your local Trek dealer as we don't carry that BB). Other options for your would be the Rotor 3D or the FSA K Force Light (both have 24mm crank axles).

Hi.

My apologies for being a little vague and generic on my use of 'company' term. I did not want to mention any name from my post. I sent a message via 'support/contact' inquiring about which PM would fit my SC. I did received a response promptly but was still confused about it as it mentioned that I should have a Shimano crank type which BB90 is fine when the specs of my bike says that I have an Apex crank.

Anyhow things are a lot more clear now with your above response. Power2max support was excellent responding to my initial inquiry but I needed more information thus I posted it i this thread.

Thank you for all your help!

Cheers!
Minh
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ha, no worries. Let's change that. So, with a BB90 you're limited to a 24mm crank (which is why Shimano works, Hollowtech standard is 24mm). That means you could go for one of three models: Type S FSA Gossamer, Type S Rotor 3D, or FSA K Force Light (listed in ascending prices). Having said that, the only one that will work with your existing BB is the Rotor. For either of the FSA models you would need to get a FSA MegaExo BB for BB90 (which you would need to source from your local Trek dealer). Also, since your cranks are 4 bolt, you would need to get new chain rings (HINT: see the Black Friday Sale).
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [tixunau] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad we got it solved! Since I respond to both, I must have accidentally been referring to to the wrong specs. Usually the best way to get a fast response is to email the support email.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

As another posted noted in the sales thread there seems to be an issue with the tranaction with thenpraxis coupon. I have been trying since midnight easten time (I am US, but overseas) and finally had it accept the coupon. However it will not let me complete the transaction. It gives the following errors:

*Sorry, it seems the coupon "praxis" is not yours - it has now been removed from your order.
*Coupon usage limit has been reached.

please help me spend some $$.

Quote:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power2maxNA wrote:
ha, no worries. Let's change that. So, with a BB90 you're limited to a 24mm crank (which is why Shimano works, Hollowtech standard is 24mm). That means you could go for one of three models: Type S FSA Gossamer, Type S Rotor 3D, or FSA K Force Light (listed in ascending prices). Having said that, the only one that will work with your existing BB is the Rotor. For either of the FSA models you would need to get a FSA MegaExo BB for BB90 (which you would need to source from your local Trek dealer). Also, since your cranks are 4 bolt, you would need to get new chain rings (HINT: see the Black Friday Sale).

Aha!
http://www.power2max.com/...r-meter-with-cranks/

this is me with the (free chain rings from black Friday) yeh?

the problem- got no 'add to checkout' section...I guess this is what happens when you live in Australia. Prices here are not black Friday friendly :|
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
grindmonkey wrote:

It gives the following errors:

*Sorry, it seems the coupon "praxis" is not yours - it has now been removed from your order.
*Coupon usage limit has been reached.

please help me spend some $$.

Quote:

You're not alone. I just attempted to order using the "praxis" code and had the same result. I sent a message to them through their 'Contact' link.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Pete Schiller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got the same error too.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [BoKnowsT1D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Me three.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [GAUG3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Me four. I just got impatient and ordered it with Q rings as that's what I intend to use anyway.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can I use Rotor QXL oval rings on your Type S model? Some research says I probably can with minimal error, but your website isn't clear. Would be buying only the spider as I already have a Rotor 3D+ crankset on a Cervelo P5-6.

Thanks.

Quote | Reply
Jayhox wrote:
Can I use Rotor QXL oval rings on your Type S model? Some research says I probably can with minimal error, but your website isn't clear. Would be buying only the spider as I already have a Rotor 3D+ crankset on a Cervelo P5-6.

Thanks.

I am also curious about this as I also already have QXL rings too and was hoping they'd work without modifications unlike Quarq's offerings. If I can ever sell my other bike I got permission from the wife to use that money for a power meter.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry guys, the Black Friday sale is for North American customers...or rather orders shipped to North America.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [BoKnowsT1D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Should be working.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's working now. I just placed my order!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was able to make the purchase and hope to receive it prior to Christmas.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lol, I think we can make that deadline ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [power2max] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, I own a canyon aeroad cf slx with ultegra, does the power2max type S fsa gossamer fit? and do I need an adapter?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [subsubsubelite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a look at the bike's specs and all it really says is that it has a Shimano Press Fit...which I will assume means BB86 with a Hollowtech crank. First, if it really is a BB86 than you have a lot of choices but yes, the Type S Gossamer will work just fine with that bike provided you get a MegaExo BB for BB86. I've mentioned it before but just as a reminder...officially the Gossamer is not compatible with Shimano bottom brackets. Having said that we know that, with a little more force, you can make it work. The downside is that, when you go to remove the crank, the BB tends to self destruct. So all thing being equal I tend to recommend getting a new BB...as it stands the FSA MegaExo BB's are usually only around $40 or so, so it's not a huge expense.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Campangolo S I purchased about 18 months ago. I removed it to replace a part on my bike (not crank related) and noticed that the crankarms and spindle are loose. Specifically, there is noticeable play between the two. When I hold the spindle, the crankarms move vertically in the plan of the chainrings. How can these be tightened?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Prospero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apologies, in my prior post I meant to say that there is play between the spider and the crankarms (not the spindle and crankarms).
Quote Reply

Prev Next