Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Swimsuit recs
Quote | Reply
Hello ladies,
I have a gift certificate to purchase a new suit but always find myself overwhelmed by styles and materials. I'm hoping that some of you have a specific suit or two that you have loved. I'm looking for good fit and durability.

TYIA!

http://www.tri-ingtokeepwarm.com
Quote Reply
Re: Swimsuit recs [akbreezo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been using polyester suits.
TYR, Nike, and now Kiefer. They've all been good. The TYR and Nike ones won't die, I had to retire them though due to some personal weight loss. I just got the Kiefer one last week because it was crazy cheap on clearance. Only used it twice so far, so I can't comment on longevity, but I was in between sizes on their size chart and glad I sized down. Fits tight, even in the water. No fluttering around.
Quote Reply
Re: Swimsuit recs [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2 on polyester. I've had TYR polyester suits that I've had to retire because the stitching wore out after a year or so - the fabric of the suit was fine.

After that it comes down to what style you prefer in terms of wide straps, thin straps, very open/cutout suit or more coverage.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Tyr diamondback reversible color one piece suits have the durafast material and last a long time ...I can get 6-8 months out of them. They have more coverage than say a Nike or some others which tend to run a bit on the small size. Can be bought in big 5, sport chalet stores or Amazon online.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+1 on polyester. I bought some Speedo ones over a year ago when the last non-polyester one bit the dust. They don't stretch much and have proved to be extremely durable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Been using Tyr Diamond back for years and I've it! Started wearing the Durafast polyester 2 or 3 yrs ago- they just don't wear out! I had to replace one because of the straps stretching and one because it was stolen- still perfect fit after a year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+1 for the TYR Diamondfits. I usually stock up once or twice a year when I find a good deal at Swimoutlet.com.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply