Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Has anyone tested the XLAB Aero Pouch 300?
Quote | Reply
Has anyone tested this in a tunnel or at ERO? Daniela Ryf rode with this in Kona. I wonder how it compares to the XLAB Delta 400 with the MultiStrike CO2 and tube mount. I have the Delta 400 and MultiStrike but I've been interested in the Aero Pouch.

http://xlab-usa.com/aero-pouch-300.html

or this

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Nov 19, 15 22:23
Quote Reply
Re: Has anyone tested the XLAB Aero Pouch 300? [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe Jim mentioned he was in the process of testing it.

I've been waiting for the results as well!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The pouch is on my Christmas list.
Quote Reply
Re: Has anyone tested the XLAB Aero Pouch 300? [keqwow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have two I will sell you for a great price/ Lightly used.
Quote Reply
Re: Has anyone tested the XLAB Aero Pouch 300? [iurnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Appreciate the offer but will have the pass as it is about the only tri-related item on my Christmas list that my wife is willing to spend the price on. Curious though...why you have two, and why are you selling them? Any issues with them? Just didn't like them?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the xlab aero pouch 300... no testing though so I can't be of any help there. I do have the xlab multisport too. I prefer the aero pouch because it holds more. I can put one tube, 2 CO2, a multi-tool, 2 tire levers, and a micro-inflator in it. The multisport can't hold that so those extra items have to go somewhere else. I did find that a typical behind the saddle cage (something with major grip like a gorilla cage) + the aero pouch actually made it too difficult to get my water bottle out. Way too tight; i could lift my bike up with the water bottle. So I swapped to a regular basic water bottle with the aero pouch. No launched bottles yet as it's plenty secure and I can actually remove it to drink. Just my 2 cents.
Quote Reply
Re: Has anyone tested the XLAB Aero Pouch 300? [stomponafrog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stomponafrog wrote:
the aero pouch actually made it too difficult to get my water bottle out. Way too tight;

Same experience here, actually I found it more difficult to get the bottle back in than to get it out - I went from Gorilla XT (impossible) to Gorilla (difficult to very difficult, depending on bottle) to a standard bottle cage (okay so far, not raced with it yet). I stuffed a lot of crap into the pouch admittedly.

Would be interested in aero numbers as well, but I hate having all the stuff hanging off the bike, thus aesthetically I am pleased.
Quote Reply
Re: Has anyone tested the XLAB Aero Pouch 300? [Hoffmeister] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I too have been using the Delta 400 and Aero pouched have had the same results. The Gorilla XT cage makes it way too difficult to get my bottle in/out of there. I just put an old Bontrager cage in there and it's been much better. I'd probably try a Chimp cage if I could get a good deal on one.

Overall though I've been really happy with the adjustability of the setup and with how much the pouch holds.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wonder if it's worth changing to the Aero Pouch instead of the MultiStrike? I like the MultiStrike but the worst thing about it is riding in the rain and getting dirt all over the tube and CO2s hanging off the sides

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would definitely recommend the Aero Pouch - I can't really see this being less aero than the Multistrike and it's a much neater setup.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got a picture of your setup?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll take a pic tomorrow and post it here
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hope this helps - sorry for the poor image quality

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For a second I thought you had two bikes set up exactly the same!
Quote Reply
Re: Has anyone tested the XLAB Aero Pouch 300? [skullyrush] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is is this tight only with items stuffed in it? I have a Gorilla XT on mine with nothing in it right now and had no problem taking bottle out but I have only used it on the trainer
Quote Reply
Re: Has anyone tested the XLAB Aero Pouch 300? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought one and didn't like it at all. Pulling the bottle out was too difficult and it sticks out a hell of a lot. I liked the idea but really hated it in practice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hoffmeister, that might be about the most useful post anybody ever made. Well, for me, at least. I've got my eye on one of these but have historically had problems getting any rear mount to fit with my setup. I'm using the Spesh Sitero on a P3C, and attempts in the past have struggled to clear the curved section at the rear of the seat post. Looks like you are using my combo too. So you are using the 2-hole mounts on the Cervelo post - is that the bracket that came with the Pouch 300? You seem to have no clearance problem with the back of the saddle, is it a fairly close run thing? You also seem to have your saddle pretty well forward.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stuffed or empty I had issues getting my bottle in/out while using the Gorilla XT cage. However, i've got short t-rex arms and it doesn't help my case much. Switching to a cheap Bontrager plastic cage fixed my issue.
Quote Reply
Re: Has anyone tested the XLAB Aero Pouch 300? [skullyrush] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess I will have to make sure to do some road testing before any racing with it but so far on the trainer I'm not experiencing these problems. Bottles seem remove as easy as they did with just an XT and Multistrike set up. Two things that may be helping me and may help others-- (1) utilizing the twisting or rotating motion as you pull up on the bottle and (2) using otherwise easy-to-launch bottles--I'm using camelback.
Quote Reply
Re: Has anyone tested the XLAB Aero Pouch 300? [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whoa, I surely didn't expect such an enthusiastic response to a grainy picture from my basement ;-).

The pouch itself comes without a bracket, I guess to keep it universal to all (XLab) single bottle mounts. I am using the XLab Delta 300. This thing is E-X-P-E-N-S-I-V-E ($100/£70). It comes with a Gorilla XT cage that is pretty much useless with the Aero Pouch. Maybe you can get one from XLab directly without the cage, I dunno. I am now using a cheap Planet-X Carbon Cage.

The fit is tight, I had to take off the transition hook and have about 2mm clearance to the little plastic clip under the saddle (see picture). The Delta 300 has 3 different holes to give more clearance if required, although putting the bottle further back might compromise aerodynamics. Alternatively you could take off the clip from the saddle and would have sufficient clearance either way. For me though everything fits perfectly with the Delta 300 fitted in the first hole. No rattling or other annoyances.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you take a picture looking back from the saddle to see how much it sticks out on the sides? Take a picture right at the saddle please

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dimond with the Aero Pouch 300

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/...7ff8&oe=56FADE78

Last edited by: BryanD: Nov 16, 15 12:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tested a bottle where the groove in the bottle aligns with the lip on the XT cage and now understand what others are saying about things being to tight. Even on the trainer, it was much harder to get the bottle out. To those still wanting to stick with the Aero pouch, I suggest trying a bottle (e.g., Camelbak) with no groove and it comes out much easier.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm just not sure I can get over the looks of it. I kind of like it. Some of my friends don't like it. Decisions....

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree that it's a love it or hate it product in term of aesthetics but for me it looks good enough and the function is great : spare tube + CO2 + tire lever goes in there / bottle is well maintained in the cage / assembly is well maintened on the saddle / it's a very aero way to carry all this ;-) .

Quote Reply

Prev Next