Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah! I already went to my LBS and cut them 7.5cm. I still have to cut 1~cm more.

Regarding the brake bars. Can I twist the brakes 90 deegres so they are/(might be) more aero? Or isnt that allowed in IM/HIM races?

Thanks a lot!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Stefano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It won't make them more aero, just harder to use (the wind doesn't care if the point down or in).

Consider the 3T TT levers. Inexpensive and aero.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CAnderson_SBC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anybody had the experience to cut the carbon bull aerobar from the Sworks frame? I saw that Bevan Docherty got it cut in his Sworks shiv.
Thanks for the info.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 2013 Elite Comp Shiv... Looking to upgrade to Shiv Aerostem. Where can I find it?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Kgerts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I'm looking to swap out my Shiv 2012 brakes and wondering if anyone knows what options are out there? I know there are the tririg's Omega brakes, but they are a tad on the pricey side.
Has anyone been able to work out some alternatives?

I read online that apparently Shimano direct mount brakes work for Shiv 2013+. Was there a change to the bike so that it can accomodate it?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who is the best person to contact regarding the Seat clamp issue with The Shiv's. I'm from Australia and getting sick and tired of having to keep glueing the nut into the frame. Not good enough for a top of the line bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Milney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a set of new ultegra direct mount brakes here that I would sell you for the Shiv. I bought them intending on putting on and ended up going the Tri rig Omega X route instead. Yes was pricy but I do really like. PM if you are interested in the brakes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not confident glue will ever hold. Hopefully you're the original owner and can get a new frame. Specialized was great with replacing mine after only one attempt at repair, but it didn't happen overnight. I went through my LBS, but supposedly there's a contact number on their website.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [triflorida] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes I'm the original owner my LBS has sent it away to be professionally glued and they still keep coming out. Specilized Australia will not replace frames. Very disappointing when spend over 8k on a bike and keep getting told to keep gluing it back in. I would expect that if I bought a bike from Target.
Was hoping to get a U.S. Contact.
Last edited by: Milney: Sep 3, 15 11:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hunt for Mark Cote's (MITAerobike) contact info on here. I don't know if he's still with Specialized, but I've read several times where he offered up a number or contact. Here's a copy/paste from a thread about the recalled aerobars.

Please PM me if you cannot reach Specialized Rider Care in your country. They will take care of you and make the situation right.

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike (ST, Twitter)
Specialized Bicycle Components
Performance Road - Triathlon - Aero

Like I said, mine was glued then failed on the first ride afterward. No way I'd stop whining til I got a new frame. Every time I fly down a hill and hit a bump, I think about that seatpost failing.

Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [triflorida] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your help.

Yep mine has failed in about 3 races it can move down about 1/2" each time during the ride..

We was told it's because we travel.. hello not every race is on our door step..
Last edited by: Milney: Sep 3, 15 12:57
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Update on the crashed Shiv. Took it to a different Spesh dealer and surprise they had no trouble getting a replacement fork from Spesh. Color matched no less. It will be here tomorrow. Imagine that?!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [tigerblood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did it a few years ago. Really not that big of a deal, you will just need to dremmel out the area so the brake lever will fit. Just make sure you have a brake lever that is internally routed and be aware that it will significantly shorten the bullhorn.
Quote Reply
weight [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello Im new here. Can you told mw the weight of your specialized shiv complete? I mount my an the weight is about 20. Its mount in dura-ace di2 and zipp 404/808.
Thanks and sorry about me english
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MgAdams] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have got the low stack swap out on my Shiv. Being that I have the alloy bars, if I was looking to upgrade, what sort of ROI am I going to get from anything not super high-end? Kind of leaves me in the realm of Devox (difficult to get, Bayonet might not be low enough stack), old Vision, or some other kind of basebar/clip on combo. Better leaving the money on the table and spending it on wheels/helmet (which I have but are > 4 years old now) etc. first? (disclaimer: have been fit, have powermeter :) ).
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [BMS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As part of the recall, I had my bar replaced with a Profile Ozero TT basebar and a Zipp Vuka Alumina clip. I love the look, but doubt it's any faster than the previous setup.

Save the $$$ for a sleeved top/suit or a better helmet.....or tunnel time.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [BMS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After the bar recall I swapped out for these:

http://www.hongfu-bikes.com/...T-Handlebar-303.html

They're lighter than the alloy bars, but stack height is an issue as you can't drop the pads to the base bar. I put a -ve angle stem on my shiv and the result is working well for me. Mind you, if I'd just dropped the original bars I would have gone faster. I also tried some USE Tula and was surprised that they didn't seem to test much faster for me.

I suppose what I am really saying is that just a bar swap won't give you great ROI, maybe look more at how you are setup on your current bars.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Nobbie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm looking to upgrade my 2012 Shiv to DI2. I remember reading a while back someone posted a link to 1 or 2 installation instructions or videos someone had written up during their DI2 installation. I've been trying to scan through this thread but at 109 pages, I may be missing it. Any help to the links would be appreciated.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Finally joined the Shiv Mafia. Denver Veloswap 1900 for a brand new 2014 Shiv expert Hated to give up my Felt B-16 but hoping ill be happy with it

Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [mattr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mattr wrote:
I'm looking to upgrade my 2012 Shiv to DI2. I remember reading a while back someone posted a link to 1 or 2 installation instructions or videos someone had written up during their DI2 installation. I've been trying to scan through this thread but at 109 pages, I may be missing it. Any help to the links would be appreciated.

very easy to do (not rocket science); if someone like me could do it...

the only tough spot is the power cable if u want to have the battery in the seat post.

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I apologize if this has already been asked in this thread, but it's so long (109 pages) I can't search it very easily.
Anyway, I currently have a 2013 Shiv Comp Rival (pretty much stock everything, including the DT Axis 2.0 wheels). I am looking to upgrade my wheelset to Zipp 303s and a Stages power meter and keep my current wheels as trainer wheels. I am thinking that I will need to replace the brake pads (provided the Zipps fit), but will the new brake pads work with the DT wheels, should I take the bike out on them?
Again, I apologize if this has been asked and answered - you can direct me straight there.

Much appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [AJTriHard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone changed their crank out with a FSA/Vision Trimax crank? If so any issues?
Currently have a 52/36, going to 53/39.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CJAC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CJAC wrote:
Has anyone changed their crank out with a FSA/Vision Trimax crank? If so any issues?
Currently have a 52/36, going to 53/39.

Changed a crank out to then install a Trimax crank? I did with zero problems. The only reason I no longer use it is I bought a power2max that came with cranks/rings.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just picked up a 2016 Shiv Race X1. This just has the single chainring in front so no front derailleur. Really makes for a clean look and one less thing to have to worry about.[/img]
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [AJTriHard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would not use the carbon brake pads on aluminum wheels... Second issue i had was that the ZIPP are so wide, that you always have to adjust the width of the brakes... I therefore use my ZIPP all year around...
Quote Reply

Prev Next