Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official power2max support thread [power2max] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have sent an email about multiple crack on the plastic of my classic, just want to know if the email was received. It is a big email with photo, so just want to make sure. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [did291] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All ok, thank
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is the correct arrangement of spacers to install the 3D+ type s on a pf30 frame? I've attempted using the 11.5mm spacers on each side without the bearing shields, as Rotor's instructions indicate, but there is excessive binding to the point that the cranks spin for less than one revolution before stopping.

What combination of spacers and shields do I need to get this working?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would like to fit a Power2 Max meter to my 2015 Cervelo p2, but I don't know what I need to order.

I believe bottom bracket is a BBright, currently with a FSA crank, its a 110 bcd with 52/36 .

Deceptively slow.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Speckled Hen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speckled Hen wrote:
I would like to fit a Power2 Max meter to my 2015 Cervelo p2, but I don't know what I need to order.

I believe bottom bracket is a BBright, currently with a FSA crank, its a 110 bcd with 52/36 .

Same bike here and I went with the FSA Gossamer BB386EVO. You could also get the Rotor 3D+ or the FSA K-Force Light BB386EVO.

You will probably need new chain rings since the ones that come stock on the bike don't work with the P2M spider. And for setup either pay the $30 for professional assembly, get the $60 lock ring tool, or find a shop that can do it.

It should work with your existing bottom bracket. For me one bearing was really tight so I ended up changing out the BB to a Wheels PF30.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Power2maxNA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
questions (just checking/asking for a friend): Trek SC series 7 ultegra cranks BB90, he can get power2max S type it seems, but will he have to replace the cranks as well? He also just installed ceramic bearings in BB does any of that have to be changed out or can it be left as is?

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If he just got the ceramic BB for his Ultegra cranks and doesn't want to switch that out (understandably), than his best choice would be to get the Rotor 3D power meter and cranks. They both have 24mm crank axles so he'd be able to re-use the BB seamlessly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any chance that pricing will change during the holiday season?
I'm 98% sure I'm pulling the trigger soon, just a matter of when.

----------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [mountainman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a good question and, as you can imagine, one that we're getting a lot right now. I'm sure that we will have a sale for Black Friday. Having said that, I'm not entirely sure what that will look like yet as that comes from Germany. Purely speculation...I'd be surprised if there was a significant reduction in the cost of the power meters following the recent price drop announced at EuroBike. As I said that, doesn't preclude a sale of some kind, just not sure what it'll be.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [bdcheung] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bdcheung wrote:
What is the correct arrangement of spacers to install the 3D+ type s on a pf30 frame? I've attempted using the 11.5mm spacers on each side without the bearing shields, as Rotor's instructions indicate, but there is excessive binding to the point that the cranks spin for less than one revolution before stopping.

What combination of spacers and shields do I need to get this working?

Any word on this, power2maxNA?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [mike_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are these the only options for a NP2? I was planning on getting a Rotor 3D30 for mine...and thought that would work too...am I wrong?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will be purchasing a cannondale hollowgram unit,
Is the p2m same thickness as the hollowgram ring spider
Or will require "trying" different spacers ?

Also is it possible to change the battery without removing the unit from crank axle ?

Thanks,
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [lennyk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello @lennyk The Power2max power meter is the same width as your existing spider so you shouldn't need any additional spacers. As for battery changes, I'd say the majority of the time people are able to change their battery without needing to remove the crank. It's hard to say without seeing the frame but my guess is you'll be good to go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great, so all i need is the extraction bolt to remove the driveside spide and crankarm and the kt013 tool toget the spider off right ?

Power2maxNA wrote:
Hello @lennyk The Power2max power meter is the same width as your existing spider so you shouldn't need any additional spacers. As for battery changes, I'd say the majority of the time people are able to change their battery without needing to remove the crank. It's hard to say without seeing the frame but my guess is you'll be good to go.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [lennyk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am in the process of building up a new bike after a frame warranty and wondered if there was any adaptor available to fit 110BCD rings (52/36) to a standard 130BCD power2max I have.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Speckled Hen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just did this bike, switched to campy. No issues at all, just make sur you get the right BB. You can switch to the FSA gossamer or k force light using the same bb that is installed in the bike. Better option is a rotor used with a shimano or phil wood bb.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [harts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello @lennyk I'm not familiar with any kind of adapter that would allow you to retrofit 110BCD rings to a 130BCD spider. Sorry.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried to read through a lot of the pages but I still have some questions. Want I need to know is exactly what I need to buy. I have a 2014 Cervelo R3 with rotor 3DF. So I understand what power meter to get but do I need to buy the $30 tool and the "professional assembly"? Any other tools I will need to install? Also my chain ring says 52(36)110 so I assume I buy the compact (110) BCD?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [kellisdc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello @kellisdc, You've got a relatively straight forward case. You won't need the professional assembly because there's really nothing for us to assemble. Having said that, you will want to get the tool if you don't already have access to one. The 3DF/3D+/3D30 and the 3D all use a lock ring to hold the spider on to the crank arms. The tool we're speaking of here is the one used to remove the lock ring so that you can remove your existing spider and install the power meter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good day,

I am looking to buy a PM but I have zero knowledge when it comes to technical/mechanical stuff. I emailed the company and was told that my SC should have BB90 and require to buy a new crank. It as also mentioned that if I had a shimano crank type, I do not need anything else than the PM and crank but my compenents are SRAM...

1. Looking at the website after selecting my BB type, the 'type S FSA Grossamer PM and cranks version 110mm compact' would work for my bike. Is that correct?

2. I never got fitted professionally on my bike. Can I just go ahead and buy a shorter crank length or should I order the same length I am currently using? (172.5)

3. Few other options are available after selecting the PM such as chain ring and bottom bracket. Do I need any of those?

4. Lastly should I buy it pre assembled? Is it easy to do it myself or should I have a LBS do it?

My SC is completely stock. No upgrade since I bought it so all the components are the same as listed on the trek website:

http://archive.trekbikes.com/...ept_7_0_2012/details

May you tell me if I am missing anything?

Thank you.
Minh
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking to pick up a P2M this week but want to be sure I get the correct one. I have a 2010 Specialized Shiv Comp w/a compact (110 BCD) SRAM red crankset. What are my options?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [tixunau] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello Minh,
Out of curiosity, you emailed us and said we said you only needed a PM and crank (I'm confused who you mean when you say "the company")? The specs on your bike say that you have a SRAM Apex crank and since we know that you have a BB90 chances are good your BB is a GXP standard. This means you would need to get a new regardless of the power meter that you select. If you end up with the Type S FSA Gossamer you'll want to get the MegaExo BB for BB90 (you'll have to source this from your local Trek dealer as we don't carry that BB). Other options for your would be the Rotor 3D or the FSA K Force Light (both have 24mm crank axles).

It's hard to comment on crank length without knowing a great deal more information. I would recommend searching the Slowtwitch website a little more for advice on crank length if you're looking to switch lengths. Dan has created an entire fit protocol so there's some really good resources right here. If you're unsure it may be best to stick with what you have simply so that you're not changing the fit of the bike. As for chain rings, provided you get the same BCD you should be able to re-use your existing chain rings. Having said that, the Black Friday Sale we've got coming up will get you new Praxis chain rings if you're willing to wait one more day.

As for the professional assembly...nothing that we do is rocket science. If you've got a torque wrench, a 5mm, and 6mm Allen key there isn't anything we do that you couldn't with a bit of time. That being said, if you don't like wrenching than it's a beneficial service we offer to speed up installation. Having said that, unless you're in Vancouver, we still can't actually install the crank on your bike so you'll either need to get your LBS to do that or do it yourself.

Hope that helps.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [tritygr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's great that Specialized has an archive for their past bikes but I don't always find the right model...Having said that, does your bike have an OSBB? Since your crank doesn't have a removable spider you'll need to get a power meter and crank. If it's a BB30 then you can pretty much get any power meter we make provided you get the right corresponding BB. In an effort to "future proof" your purchase I would probably recommend one of three models: the Type S Gossamer BB386EVO, Rotor 3D+, or FSA K Force Light BB386EVO...unless you plan on getting a Trek in the future...in which case stick with something that has a 24mm axle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power2maxNA wrote:
It's great that Specialized has an archive for their past bikes but I don't always find the right model...Having said that, does your bike have an OSBB?Since your crank doesn't have a removable spider you'll need to get a power meter and crank. If it's a BB30 then you can pretty much get any power meter we make provided you get the right corresponding BB. In an effort to "future proof" your purchase I would probably recommend one of three models: the Type S Gossamer BB386EVO, Rotor 3D+, or FSA K Force Light BB386EVO...unless you plan on getting a Trek in the future...in which case stick with something that has a 24mm axle.

Thanks for the response. How can I tell if it has an OSBB? Not sure what you're referring to.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [tritygr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A good thing to do if you're not sure what your BB is is to take two pictures, one of the cranks from the drive side and the other of the BB from the vantage point of the saddle. Then send those in to us at support@power2max.com

If we still need more detail we can just go from there.
Quote Reply

Prev Next