Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Canyon on their website [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
whoah, is that zipless , waterproof-ish, stretch proof aaaaand semi transparent or just a marketing picture? - I guess transparent from the top is the only interest since a rider can only see the top

it seems like it would be good to have a soft lip vulcanised to one side of the opening so that it would block out rain but still be easy to get into?
Last edited by: lacticturkey: Oct 10, 15 11:22
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [mdgreene] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey mdgreene, is the 7K in euros or dollars? Also, I find this price almost too good to be true.. look at the top of the line aeroroad model... 8500 euros. The old speedmax were also in the 8-9k range. Are you 100% sure it was the guys from Canyon that told you this price??
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [stetri99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Top of the line yes, but that is with firestrykes etc... You can still get nice ultegra di2 bike for 3999,-
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [markko] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the 7K in euros or dollars?? do you think they'll have the option of buying only the frameset?? also (this goes to anyone in the forum as well) how much do you think the sram red etap will cost?
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From the pictures on

http://www.slowtwitch.com/..._bike_pics_5418.html

I see that Jan Frodeno has spacers/pedestals/risers much higher than Boris Stein (well above storage box vs. below, respectively). Frodeno has Zipp Vuka carbon extensions (aerobars), but it seems to me not the Zipp Vuka Risers 50mm, compatible with carbon extensions, see

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/..._Zipp_Vuka_P4873146/

Does anybody know which risers is he using? He then run faster in Kona than Stein. It might be due to a better biking position!
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [orsob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was just at the bike motion event in Utrecht (The Netherlands) and spoke to a Canyon employee, he had a price list of the new Speedmax which he showed to me.

The were 5 setup options, unfortunately I don't remember all the setups/prices. The ones I remembered were the most cheap setup for €4299 with a standard wheel set and Ultegra Di2, with a Reynolds wheelset 4799, most expensive version was something 7000-ish

All the setups will come standard with the storage box/drink box on the frame

Thought this might interest you :)
Last edited by: david222: Oct 18, 15 23:58
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [david222] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
david222 wrote:
I was just at the bike motion event in Utrecht (The Netherlands) and spoke to a Canyon employee, he had a price list of the new Speedmax which he showed to me.

The were 5 setup options, unfortunately I don't remember all the setups/prices. The ones I remembered were the most cheap setup for €4299 with a standard weel set and Ultegra Di2, with a Reynolds weelset 4799, most expensive version was something 7000-ish

That's roughly $4900 - $8000 USD given the current exchange rate.

Do you recall if the frame was the same for each bike? Same quality level of the carbon and all that.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
are one of those setup options equipped with Sram red etap??
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GMAN19030 wrote:
david222 wrote:

The were 5 setup options, unfortunately I don't remember all the setups/prices. The ones I remembered were the most cheap setup for €4299 with a standard weel set and Ultegra Di2, with a Reynolds weelset 4799, most expensive version was something 7000-ish

That's roughly $4900 - $8000 USD given the current exchange rate.

Do you recall if the frame was the same for each bike? Same quality level of the carbon and all that.

No unfortunately I don't know that. I only had a short talk with the guy
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [snaaijert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The hydration bottle does come off (at least in the prototype Frodo had in Frankfurt)

http://www.slowtwitch.com/..._Frankfurt_5182.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi david222, thank you for your reply. Did they say if they're selling the frame only?
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [Liaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gonna cancel my IA order. my new ride will be a Canyon! amazing bike

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
orsob wrote:
Does anybody know which risers is he using? He then run faster in Kona than Stein. It might be due to a better biking position!

I think the fact that he is Jan Snowsill Frodeno has a lot to do with the fact that he ran faster than Boris Stein. Maybe his position helped not hinder his talent.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
orsob wrote:
Hi david222, thank you for your reply. Did they say if they're selling the frame only?

The price list I saw didn't offer that option but I didn't ask so not sure..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
orsob wrote:

Hi, I've purchased few bikes from them and also been following them for quite some time, but I have never seen them offer a frame set. So my guess would be no.

However, typically the deals are good enough that it might make sense to buy the cheapest option bike and sell the extra stuff (or your old stuff).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They always had framesets on their page. Not necessarily of every model, but last time I checked they had Aeroad, Ultimate, Ultimate AL and MTB framesets for sale. Although, the base model is always so ridiculously priced that I'd rather buy the complete bike and sell the parts for profit...

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [tessar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anybody seen geometry for this?
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [proftri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tririg reported a 79deg seat tube angle, but that's it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does somebody know anything about the first price? 4299 is the first price?
So...the new felt IA 14 would be cheapest than it'

I´m going to buy a tt bike and i´m thinking between IA 14 vs P2 vs new Giant...but this speedmax is amazing and i love it, the problem is the price...
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [octavuszgz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anybody remember what was the cheapest price of the previous model?
I am pretty sure it lower than 4299E...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've three canyons; a strive, Speedmax and Ultimate and the speedmax and ultimate have historically been offered as frame only as I bought the speedmax as a frame only and built a budget TT bike
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [Deathwish86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
perhaps... 3900€? or something similar
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
I've three canyons; a strive, Speedmax and Ultimate and the speedmax and ultimate have historically been offered as frame only as I bought the speedmax as a frame only and built a budget TT bike

Ok, I am obviously wrong then, just has never caught my eye.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any updates on Canyon coming to North America?

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not really sure how it works, or how they determine when its available as none of the 16 bikes are up now and I've been told they will be in Dec - I'd expect them all to sell out faster than glastonbury
Quote Reply

Prev Next