Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Roka Wetsuit Sizing Help
Quote | Reply
I took Roka up on their 50% off sale and bought 2 wetsuits to try. I'm 5'7", about 138 lbs. According to their size charts this reads as a M/L. However, I seem to be 'heavy for my size' and those size charts don't always track me well. I wear a 4/6 in street clothes, depending on the degree of vanity sizing. I wear a size small Tyr tri shorts and top. I rented a blueseventy suit a month ago and their size chart said I should be M and I wore a SM (small/med) and there was some excess fabric around my hips once I got in the water.

So for Roka I bought a MT in the Elite and the ML in the Comp, because there was no ML in the Elite. I tried on the Elite (MT) just now and thought it was quite a bit of work getting it on up my legs, it didn't feel any tighter than the blueseventy across my chest. I havent' tried on the ML Comp yet, but do you think it's possible that I'd be a size smaller than the sizing charts say? Do I stick with the smaller size suit even though it's work getting on, or do I go with the larger size to have a bit more wiggle room?
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Wetsuit Sizing Help [Erin C.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm about 5'3" and 118-ish, and wear the women's medium in the Maverick Elite. Fits great and is very comfortable. It does take time to get it on... I don't consider that a drawback. Just leave enough time and don't rush.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know if you made your decision yet, but I found the Customer Service at ROKA to be great in helping me decide on the size. When I did inquire with them about sizing, I was told that the womens suits tend to run small.

I am 5'4' on a good day and ~110 lbs and I have a size small which corresponds with their sizing chart. It, too, takes some work to get it on, but swimming in it is fantastic and I have no trouble breathing. I had no idea how a wetsuit was supposed to fit until I got my Maverick Elite.

Also, did you try actually swimming in it? ROKA encouraged me to swim in it, even in a pool, which helped me to confirm that I did in fact have the right size.
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Wetsuit Sizing Help [ritanneo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ritanneo wrote:
I don't know if you made your decision yet, but I found the Customer Service at ROKA to be great in helping me decide on the size. When I did inquire with them about sizing, I was told that the womens suits tend to run small.

I am 5'4' on a good day and ~110 lbs and I have a size small which corresponds with their sizing chart. It, too, takes some work to get it on, but swimming in it is fantastic and I have no trouble breathing. I had no idea how a wetsuit was supposed to fit until I got my Maverick Elite.

Also, did you try actually swimming in it? ROKA encouraged me to swim in it, even in a pool, which helped me to confirm that I did in fact have the right size.

I ended up ordering both the M/T in the Elite and the M/L in the Comp, and kept the M/T, even though they did say the suits ran small. I swam in it and my shoulders felt fine. It did feel uncomfortably tight in the calves when I was swimming but I think I can get over that given how it fit everywhere else. I also didn't do as good a job pulling it up when I was putting it on for the swim than I did when I was trying it on at home, so I'll have to be extra careful with that in the future. Those height weight charts just don't work great for me. I was talking to a friend about it later and he said it's likely to get a little looser with time too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am 5'7" 120 lb I wear the MT Maverick Elite, it fits perfectly and I do not have any trouble getting it on. I thought it said on the website they run a bit small. I normally wear a size 4 women but needed the medium with Roka. I was on the cusp for regular or tall and I am very glad I went with tall.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 5'5.5", ~134lbs, long torso, more muscle than average (gymnastics/CrossFit background). I originally ordered a Maverick Pro Medium as the size chart puts me at the high end of that size. There was way too much space in the torso and leg area with water accumulating and sloshing around while swimming. I returned the medium and now have a Small Extra Tall, which fits great.
Quote Reply