Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
It is finally time to buy a suppresor
Quote | Reply
My hesitation always was the wait time and the ability to service. Turns out a couple reasonably priced ones can be services to extend their life. If I get one for my .45, it can work On multiple calibers.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: It is finally time to buy a suppresor [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
were you at special forces?
did you get a trust set up?
a buddy and i had them draw up the paperwork last week for $100. super easy.

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now that I'm just about out of the military and not moving all over the place a suppressor and a short barreled rifle is on my short list.
Quote Reply
Re: It is finally time to buy a suppresor [Madduck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No. The only reason I didn't get one going is the desire for a trust.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's the rationale?

From a self-defense/home-defense perspective, I want loud-ass muzzle blasts. Intimidation - want to leave no doubt as to the magnitude of the response.
Quote Reply
Re: It is finally time to buy a suppresor [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Because this is America and I can. I also hate wearing hearing protection which when I go shooting in the desert, no rules require, but the sound of gun fire necessitates. There was only the cool factor until I started shooting in the desert, now there is a legit reason for one.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Believe it or not, there is a real reason for it in HD. Have you ever shot a gun in an enclosed area without hearing protections. Think about that for a minute. You shoot a .357 magnum or higher caliber and you will be deaf. If there are multiple assailants, you will not hear them, you also will not hear family members id themselves for a few minutes. We're also talking about taking the sound to 122 db, maybe 80 depending on the caliber and suppressor. You are not going silent like in the movies unless you are using a .22.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
don't know the validity of this intel, but something to think about: my buddy and i had been planning on setting up a trust for a while. we were at the twin peaks last week and figured let's just go do it, so we did. i'm going to butcher the details on what i was told i'm sure, but you'll get the gist. dude in the shop was saying earlier this year the dem's were trying to stop the ability of trust's to have suppressor and short guns assigned to them. or something along these lines. he said he thought there would be a vote on it again come december.

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Re: It is finally time to buy a suppresor [Madduck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They have been going after trust forever. I think there were some trust changes. You may have to get fingerprinted now.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This made me think of you:

War is god
Quote Reply
Re: It is finally time to buy a suppresor [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sad part is ruger would do that.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stop bragging about how you live in free state where you can make such purchases.
Quote Reply
Re: It is finally time to buy a suppresor [patf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cashed out my employment at my last start up and became a consultant for their us takedown. So I had some extra cash. I liked my p320 so much I'm building t a suppressed gun around that platform.

Won another p320 compact on gunbroker for 100 less than I could buy it local. It comes threaded with suppresor night sights. I bought a carry grip module just in case I want a full size handle. I skipped on the full size slide as I always preferred pistols with slides and barrels at the 4 inch range anyways. Got my paperwork for my trust and it will get filed this week. So it will just be a matter of getting around to buying the tri rant can. I like that one do to its ability to swap calibers and maintain so it will have a long life.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
What's the rationale?

From a self-defense/home-defense perspective, I want loud-ass muzzle blasts. Intimidation - want to leave no doubt as to the magnitude of the response.

No you don't. Not to attack you personally but it's amazing how ignorant people are on this subject. Hearing provides you with situational awareness which is paramount in an HD scenario. If you fire anything 9mm and up indoors without hearing protection, your hearing will be severely compromised at best and you may very well be deaf.

A suppressed weapon using super-sonic ammo (which is the vast majority of ammo) is still going to be really friggin loud.
Quote Reply
Re: It is finally time to buy a suppresor [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not to mention you're shooting at someone. There really shouldn't be much doubt about the magnitude of the response on the part of whoever it is you're shooting at.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm NEVER going back to the indoor range again for rifle. Some jack weed was blasting his Remington 700 with a muzzle brake next to me and wear in ear suqishys + very high quality ear muffs. Every shot the entire range looks over with a collective 'ass hole!'.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any thoughts on what you are going to get? The Sig branded ones are $700 retail. Gulp. Please post whatever you end up with and cost etc. Thanks. Did you hear that it's legal to hunt with them now in FL? Going on a hog hunt in Feb with a guy who has one on his DDM4 interested to see/hear it.
Last edited by: tigerpaws: Dec 10, 15 9:24
Quote Reply
Re: It is finally time to buy a suppresor [tigerpaws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the sigs but none of my preferred dealers have them. They aren't as common. So I'm stuck between an osprey or a tri-rant. The osprey's beauty is in the eye of the beholder I tues. I think it is fucking ugly. So I'm going with the tri-rant. Made by advanced armament.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
Because this is America and I can. I also hate wearing hearing protection which when I go shooting in the desert, no rules require, but the sound of gun fire necessitates. There was only the cool factor until I started shooting in the desert, now there is a legit reason for one.

I like to go shooting in the mountains in the middle of no where and it would be nice to have one. I haven't been motivated to jump through the hoops and spend the money.
Quote Reply
Re: It is finally time to buy a suppresor [tigerpaws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigerpaws wrote:
I'm NEVER going back to the indoor range again for rifle. Some jack weed was blasting his Remington 700 with a muzzle brake next to me and wear in ear suqishys + very high quality ear muffs. Every shot the entire range looks over with a collective 'ass hole!'.

Yeah, sorry bout that... My m70 300 wsm with brake is a loud one but it shoots like a dream.
Quote Reply
Re: It is finally time to buy a suppresor [307trout] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why the hell would you need a brake on some wimpy ass caliber like 300wsm?
Quote Reply
Re: It is finally time to buy a suppresor [307trout] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
307trout wrote:
tigerpaws wrote:

Yeah, sorry bout that... My m70 300 wsm with brake is a loud one but it shoots like a dream.

Firing those setups indoors is not fun to be around
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

You're joking, right? Confined centerfire report is not just loud, it hurts. Granted, I'd rather be hearing impaired than dead, but you're rationale is really misguided. A better tactic (for leaving "no doubt") is to place the projectile where you are aiming.

edit: correct shit spelling.
Last edited by: gotsand: Dec 11, 15 5:27
Quote Reply
Re: It is finally time to buy a suppresor [gotsand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gotsand wrote:

You're joking, right?

No, brother. I'm all about the sound. The sound of the pump on the Model 870 Remington. The sound of the pump is one of nature's universal warnings sounds. Like the rattle on a Diamonbback, or the the growl of a grizzly It's You can take your adorable little cutside gun-guy doo-dads. I get it. It's fun to buy "tactical" stuff and play Counterstrike. . I'm going with a very unsilenced Model 870.
Quote Reply
Re: It is finally time to buy a suppresor [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:

No you don't. Not to attack you personally but it's amazing how ignorant people are on this subject.

Shaking my head. Post 24, man. Situational awareness. LOL. Oooh, talk more military jargon, man. In home defense my Model 870 is creating "the situation".

Also, unfortunately, from a legal situation, it's probably usually better to have shot-or-killed someone with a gun that doesn't have a suppressor. It could create a lot of dumb questions during the investigation into the death afterwards. The lawyer of the victim will make a big deal about why you had a Class 3 device, and were playing Special Ops guy.
Last edited by: trail: Dec 11, 15 7:17
Quote Reply

Prev Next