Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Canyon on their website [Liaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. When you put those bike splits in the context of the rest of their races, they're very impressive.

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [GrimOopNorth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lol, I hope you're wife doesn't log on to ST!
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [Saqeralkhalifa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saqeralkhalifa wrote:
lol, I hope you're wife doesn't log on to ST!

A Speedmax can't use a keyboard, so he's safe there!
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [pad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it just me or perhaps Frodo is just really that tall.....but that looks like a 650c rear wheel somehow. Surely not?
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [PT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PT wrote:
Is it just me or perhaps Frodo is just really that tall.....but that looks like a 650c rear wheel somehow. Surely not?

He's ~6ft4in.

The bike is UCI legal (surprisingly), so both wheels will be 700C
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Liaman wrote:
Hold on,

You were saying that you thought that these integrated front ends were "fugly" just a few days ago on the Giant Trinity thread:

spot wrote:
TrekGeek wrote:
Liaman wrote:
A lot of people find them ugly though.

Absolutely ugly!

Agreed, fugly.

Spot

Are you stalking me? I didn't say the integrated front of the giant looked fugly, I was commenting on the overall look of the bike. Just doesn't do it for me. The Canyon looks much better to my eyes. Is that ok with you?

Spot

Quote | Reply
spot wrote:
Liaman wrote:
Hold on,

You were saying that you thought that these integrated front ends were "fugly" just a few days ago on the Giant Trinity thread:

spot wrote:
TrekGeek wrote:
Liaman wrote:

Absolutely ugly!

Agreed, fugly.

Spot

Are you stalking me? I didn't say the integrated front of the giant looked fugly, I was commenting on the overall look of the bike. Just doesn't do it for me. The Canyon looks much better to my eyes. Is that ok with you?

Spot

Not stalking, no.
Your fugly comment was a reply to a point I made on that thread, a point about how I like the integrated front end hydration trend that we are starting to see (I gave the the Canyon as an example) but that I realise that some people find this trend ugly. That's why I remembered it.

My original comment:
"I think that this style of integrated front end hydration and bento will become the new norm.

You only need to look at the new Canyon, new Cube, and now this Giant to see the trend forming.
Personally I like the look and utility of them, and so am happy with the way things are going. A lot of people find them ugly though."

You're obviously entitled to whatever opinion you want re: bikes or basically anything else, I just found it weird that you were talking about how nice the front end looked just a day or two after proclaiming them fugly.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [GrimOopNorth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GrimOopNorth wrote:
I am officially pissed off I bought my speedmax last year. This is the first time I have expressed nothing but love for it, but the new one looks to have so much more.

It must be like finding out the girl you married a couple of years ago has a sister who's a unicorn (hot, fun, smart and not mad) and has always been secretly been keen on you.

You're still happy with your choice, but if you had your time over...

Please tell me this did not just happen to you haha
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Liaman wrote:
spot wrote:
Liaman wrote:
Hold on,

spot wrote:
TrekGeek wrote:
Liaman wrote:

Absolutely ugly!

Agreed, fugly.

Spot

Spot

Not stalking, no.
Your fugly comment was a reply to a point I made on that thread, a point about how I like the integrated front end hydration trend that we are starting to see (I gave the the Canyon as an example) but that I realise that some people find this trend ugly. That's why I remembered it.

My original comment:
"I think that this style of integrated front end hydration and bento will become the new norm.

You only need to look at the new Canyon, new Cube, and now this Giant to see the trend forming.
Personally I like the look and utility of them, and so am happy with the way things are going. A lot of people find them ugly though."

You're obviously entitled to whatever opinion you want re: bikes or basically anything else, I just found it weird that you were talking about how nice the front end looked just a day or two after proclaiming them fugly.

Didn't see your original comment, and for the last time, I wasn't commenting on just the front end. Not sure why you keep bringing that up. To me the Giant is just a weird combination of integrated front end with a P3-like curved rear, while the Canyon just seems more put together as a whole.

Quote | Reply
BBLOEHR wrote:
my love has switched from a diamond to a canyon! Anyone want to buy a neon yellow SC?

Pics? Size? Year? 7 series or 9 series?

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What type of bottom bracket does the new Canyon use? Is it the Shimano pressfit BB86/92 standard? Just want to know if my Quarq Elsa RS GXP crankset would fit with little to no issue.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
BBLOEHR wrote:
my love has switched from a diamond to a canyon! Anyone want to buy a neon yellow SC?

Pics? Size? Year? 7 series or 9 series?

My size L 2014 SC Proj One 9-series might be going up for sale soon as well. :-)

Assuming the Canyon ever comes to America.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [Mac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mac wrote:
Love it!

Two questions:
(1) How's it compare aerodynamically to Cervelo P5 and others?
(2) How much? (a lot I'm sure!)

2) My guess Di2 with training level wheels, 4799,-

This based on their Aeroad Di2 starting at 3999,- with not a bad spec

https://www.canyon.com/en/road/aeroad/2016/aeroad-cf-slx-7-0-di2.html
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [markko] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So all the pics that we have seen of this bike so far have pretty high pedestals for the aerobars. With the integrated storage, it looks good. The pads align with the top of the storage and it l"looks aero".......but it also hides the fact that the storage units are really tall.

While the bike gives me hope that it is a "long & low" bike, i wonder what happens when you don't need that much aerobar stack? Aesthetics aside, it seems like there is gonna be a lot of "stuff" hanging out in the wind.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't see it being a problem for 99% of users.

When you consider that there is 5-10cm of height added by the forearms, I think you'd need to have the aerobars mounted under the basebar in order to have the hydration rising significantly above your arms.
If this is the case then most people will be able to mitigate this by riding the frame size down and using a longer stem to keep the reach.

If you look at the picture of Frodo at the top of the homepage, you can see that he's pretty low and he still has a gap between the top of the hydration and the bottom of his arms. He'd have to be about 15-20cm lower at the front end to start experiencing what you're describing.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
check it out on instagram BBLOEHRRRR, radioactive yellow, sc, 9, project one, size large (i am 5'11). Like GMAN hoping we see the canyon come to america. First bike i have seen as integrated as the trek, actually more integrated.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I dunno....it would help if their geos were published....but looking at the pic below and you can see how high the armrests are pedestaled. And looking at this pic, it certainly doesn't look to be a very long bike, either.....*sigh*

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BBLOEHR wrote:
check it out on instagram BBLOEHRRRR, radioactive yellow, sc, 9, project one, size large (i am 5'11). Like GMAN hoping we see the canyon come to america. First bike i have seen as integrated as the trek, actually more integrated.

Not sure if anyone saw it or not. But tririg's post about this bike mentions that Canyon will be selling direct to US customers starting in December.

http://www.tririg.com/galleries.php?id=2015_10_New_Canyon_Speedmax_CF
Last edited by: Cuban3jumper: Oct 9, 15 13:46
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [Cuban3jumper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw the Tririg post, but couldn't find anything to validate it.

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [kjmcawesome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kjmcawesome wrote:
I saw the Tririg post, but couldn't find anything to validate it.

From what I can see it's something that they have been working on for a bit. But I guess we will have to wait and see if this comes to fruition or not. There definitely isn't a lack of interest state side.
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [pad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thats a such a cool image ... state-of-the-sport right there - its like looking at a new age in ironman racing - with no disrespect to previous champions contendors (they were all awesome) - Frodeno is possibly the most professional looking and meticulously dialed in athletes that ironman has seen.

Marino, Seb, Macca, Lieto, Badmann and that german guy on the trinity looked the business too.
Last edited by: lacticturkey: Oct 9, 15 14:08
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All black canyon from this article: http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/...mp;utm_medium=Social

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [Mac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mac wrote:
How's it compare aerodynamically to Cervelo P5 and others?

I like that they are thinking out of the box with their bike (and their distribution model), but is this really the best they could have done with the shape of its bento? If yes, canyon really needs a bit of help (fyi, we're available).

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's no doubt you know what your doing, but, don't you think the angle on the back side of the bento is intended to matchup with other angles on the bike? I agree that the bento is pretty ugly at first glance, but its starting to grow on me. In fact, I think the beauty of the bike is how all the lines and angles compliment each other. With the aesthetics of it all out of the way, I'd like to know how it tests in the tunnel (it does seem to be testing pretty well on the road). Just my 2 cents...
Quote Reply
Re: New Canyon on their website [rlhbusl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rlhbusl wrote:
There's no doubt you know what your doing, but, don't you think the angle on the back side of the bento is intended to match up with other angles on the bike?

Unfortunately, yes, I do think that that was their intention. An aesthetic goal of some sort.

However, a highly aero bike should not necessarily have angles "complement each other". Instead, the angles need to complement only one thing: the air flow near the item in question, i.e., achieving the lowest drag possible around the item and the system as a whole.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply

Prev Next