Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike Gloves for 18F to 32F
Quote | Reply
Let's hear what women are wearing for biking gloves in temperatures 18F to 32F. I have an ancient Pearl Izumi lobster style with extremely thick padding that works fine but is literally falling to pieces after years of use. Duct tape can only extend the gloves for maybe another season. I don't officially have Reynaud's but I would say it's borderline: when my hands chill, my fingers turn white and numb and everyone knows the sad rest of the story.

Anyone desperate enough to try heated motorcycle gloves? Did they work? What kind?

Any ideas welcome.
Thanks,
BrokenSpoke
Quote Reply
Re: Bike Gloves for 18F to 32F [brokenspoke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They're not gloves, exactly, but my Bar Mitts have been keeping my hands toasty warm for the past three winters, even in single-digit temperatures. Even on the couple of days when I forgot my actual gloves. Neoprene beats the hell out of any sort of fabric glove that I've ever owned, and it does a great job of cutting the wind before it gets to your hands. The only downsides are that you can only ride with your hands in one position all winter, and in a strong crosswind they can make steering a little iffy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't found anything better than lobster claw mitts for cooler temps, I have bar mitts too but like the freedom of movement enough I don't break them out until I have to.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the lobster gloves. I have raynaud's and have to wear them below 40 and when I do I have to wear them with chemical hand warmers. Anything below 60 I have to wear gloves.
Quote Reply