Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Sept. 7/8 Edition
Quote | Reply
Holiday yesterday for the US womens. How are you?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Sept. 7/8 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
My main goal for this week is to be present while doing work... not do 5 min of work alternating with 5 min of internet :P I did a good job with this!!! and it felt good other goals
- at least a day off from running nope but I didn't run yesterday
- OW swim at least once while it is still summer sort of. I went to the beach on Friday so I played in the water there. Works for me. The goal here was to enjoy outdoor water
- bike 4x (1 done) done!

I am actually super cranky today. I was awake from about 4:30 am to 11 pm yesterday - hiked Mt. Washington with a friend (which was awesome) but with driving to/from it made for a long day. Tired --> little stuff irritating me more than it would otherwise --> cranky

:P

Last week I swam 3x for 5400 yards, rode 4x for 64 mi, and ran 7 times for 57.9 mi.
This week - have a sprint tri on Sunday, so get rested for that (read CUT THE RUNNING). Continue to be present while doing work. Finish my human subjects review board application tomorrow and send to advisor.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Howdy all, been AWOL for a week due to vacation in Niagara region, which was really nice and relaxing. I finished my Master Black Belt on Friday, we flew out Sat, and it's been loaf time since. I ran 3x with the bro-in-law's giant Doberman who just loved it (she doesn't normally get out that much I guess), went to a Blue Jay's game (they won), drank a bunch of local wines, swam a lot, and just chilled. Made the BIG DECISION - I am giving my notice tomorrow, and am moving to a CNC machine shop who won a bunch of work in the aerospace sector. It ain't defense, but it's a lot more similar then telecom - and I'm super excited. Great small co, owners are fantastic, they are totally cool with me working less hrs so I can (yes they said this) pick my daughter up from school. Lots of growth coming (new space, new equipment, new processes) and they need help, and I love this kind of stuff. So STOKED. The current co couldn't offer me anything comparable, and they won't. I think they will secretly be happy... I'm in the wrong role there and I think they know it.

So this week is a bit scary, a bit exciting, a bit nervous. K started school again today (grade 6 - where does the time go?), skating starts up on Sat, and this big change coming (~3 weeks notice period), I'm feeling super HAPPY.

This week:
- run 3x (1 done today - intervals and felt great!)
- ride 3x
- skate 2x
- grin like a fool :-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Sept. 7/8 Edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Great small co, owners are fantastic, they are totally cool with me working less hrs so I can (yes they said this) pick my daughter up from school. Lots of growth coming (new space, new equipment, new processes) and they need help, and I love this kind of stuff. So STOKED.

awesome! congrats!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats on the new job!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats! Sounds like it'll be a great match for you.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week's goals:
2 x swim: win
1 x bike: win
5 x run: win with 6
4 x core/strength: win

I did the running I wanted to at the rally, and for what I think might be the first time in history ran in the evening after we rode the 200-ish miles home.

Also ran 49.5km total for last week with no apparent damage, so this is a huge win.

This week's goals:
3 x swim
1 x bike
6 x run
4 x core/strength/stretch

Have my last tri of the season - just a sprint - on Sunday. New venue that I don't really know anything about, so it'll be a voyage of discovery. Don't really care about performance for this one: not tapering the running at all, since it's more important that I keep building for the 50k in just over 5.5 weeks (yikes).

Congrats on the new job, Andy! Sorry I missed you while you were in ON.

Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone - I told my (new) boss, he was floored. I told my teams - most were very supportive and happy for me, a few were sad, one guy got really upset about it. AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Late to the party. Survived my first class period. The a/c in the building is not working properly, so it is continually ON. I was shivering by the end of class despite having brought a jacket (I had been warned).
Now, just have to get through the rest of the term! Yikes!

This Sat. is the start of CX! I'm pumped but definitely going to get slaughtered - I checked out the pre-reg folks and there's a good number who can soundly kick my butt. Still wondering if I'll have my new team uniform in time. FexEx attempted delivery twice - the second time today at 6:16am? WTH? Guy who is supposed to take delivery called them and they are supposed to re-try later today. I'll hope! New team, new uniform. Stoked.
Tires are glued and ready! Bike has been converted over to CX-1 group (this means that I have one chainring up front and a large range in the back. Up front I have a 38, and in the back I have 11-36), and I was able to test out the new shifting on a ride - I went from Shimano to SRAM, this is my first experience with SRAM.

Sad that on Monday I had to say bye bye to the outdoor pool - and also bye bye to long course meters. Back to TOO many flip turns inside at 25yds. SIGH. I'd swim LCM year round if I could.

I did a 30k run over labor day weekend, and it was hot, humid, and hilly. I feel very good about how I did with those conditions. It was in my 'ol home town, and the trip down memory lane was fun too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AP - Congrats on the black belt and new job!!!

I am now 15 days post-surgery and yesterday was really only the first day that I could do anything requiring focus (like just reading a magazine). I've been doing in-home PT for about a week and a half and have about 85-90 degrees of knee flexion.

Next week starts outpatient PT 3/wk. I've had a few short outings but I still can't sit in a chair or the truck (knee doesn't bend enough to sit upright) and being up and about makes me dizzy after awhile. Hopefully I can get on the bike next week at PT to work on range of motion.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Sept. 7/8 Edition [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My friend had ACL surgery on her knee a few years ago. She said she got her moneys worth out of a single magazine, cause she'd read the same articles multiple times because she was pretty out of it.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Sept. 7/8 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
edbikebabe wrote:
My friend had ACL surgery on her knee a few years ago. She said she got her moneys worth out of a single magazine, cause she'd read the same articles multiple times because she was pretty out of it.

Ha! So true. I have started to post something on Facebook or reply to an email and then wake up later with the message still sitting there half finished.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Sept. 7/8 Edition [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nice to hear from you! Good luck with the PT :-)

Quote Reply