Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official power2max support thread [power2max] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi power2max,

I've been using a power2max for Rotor 3D Aero (130 BCD, 53/39) since 2013 and am very happy with it. However, I'm considering switching to Rotor 3D+ Aero 110 BCD with 52/36 chainrings. I guess I'll need to buy "power2max Type S Rotor 3D Plus without cranks" for 110mm compact, right? It would work with any crank length from 150mm to 180mm? Your page doesn't mention about crank length. The page for power2max with cranks does offer an option to select crank length from 150mm to 180mm, but it doesn't include 167.5mm. Would it work with 167.5mm Rotor 3D+ as well?

Is this the correct ordering link?

http://www.power2max.com/...eter-without-cranks/

Thanks!

Tony
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry for the delay! If you already have the FSA Gossamer BB386EVO on your bike then yes, that's the right power meter for you. Or at least, it's the easiest option. You'll be able to re-use your existing BB but you have to replace the chain rings and crank. Remember that P2M relies on a removable spider...the OEM cranks that you have won't come with that feature so you'll end up getting that at the same time...The good news, we essentially give you the crank for free when you buy the power meter!
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Power2maxNA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if the classic version of power2max works with WickWerks chainrings? Thanks in advance!
Last edited by: fazel: Sep 8, 15 17:00
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [tie3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Tony, you are correct, the Type S Rotor 3D+ is compatible with the largest selection of crank lengths. Unfortunately 167.5mm isn't one of them...at least not from us. I've seen that there is new old stock on the web and it would be compatible with that if you found one but it's not something we stock. In fact, Rotor doesn't produce that length in the 3D+ any more.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [fazel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To be a bit more specific, I have the Rotor 3D crank. I tried to attach my older Ultegra chainrings and the large ring is too think to fit around the battery holder. These are the WickWerks I'm looking at getting...

https://wickwerks.com/...s/road-compact-5034/

fazel wrote:
Does anyone know if the classic version of power2max works with WickWerks chainrings? Thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power2maxNA wrote:
Hey Tony, you are correct, the Type S Rotor 3D+ is compatible with the largest selection of crank lengths. Unfortunately 167.5mm isn't one of them...at least not from us. I've seen that there is new old stock on the web and it would be compatible with that if you found one but it's not something we stock. In fact, Rotor doesn't produce that length in the 3D+ any more.

Thanks! So, if I already have the 167.5mm Rotor 3D+ crankset, I can simply buy the Power2Max Type S for Rotor 3D+ and it would just work, right?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [fazel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We haven't tried but I don't see any reason why they shouldn't.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [tie3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Correct!
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [MRS4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I noticed the same prompt after I lent our my head unit to a friend. Turns out they paired it with a heart rate strap that I clearly didn't have. Is your Garmin paired with a heart rate strap and, if so, are you wearing it? If not I suspect that's your problem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I unpaired and repaired my heart rate monitor, changed the battery in the power meter and neither made a difference. My Garmin (Edge 500 and 910xt) are still getting stuck on the 'Calibrating _ _ _ _ _ _' screen. Other thoughts/solution?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [MRS4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well that's too bad. I'll have a chat with the guys over at Garmin, it's not the power meter so I'm not entirely sure what the cause is...Stay tuned...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, I have a classic Powee2Max FSA Gossamer on a Cervelo p2 with the MegaExxo BB.
I just got a Trek Speed Concept 7.5 with BB90 which has a stock Ultegra crank. Do I need new bearings to move the PM on to the Trek or it's going to be a simple swap?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [sp1ke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Strictly speaking, Shimano BB's aren't compatible with FSA cranks. Even though, theoretically, they're both 24mm axles the FSA is just marginally larger. So if you go to install the crank, you have to really muscle it in. It's not ideal and, when you need to remove the crank, the BB tends to self destruct. You can make it work but it's not ideal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Ordered the fsa bearings
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [sp1ke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Want to make sure I have this correct before placing my order. 2011 Felt B14. I've changed the factory chain rings to 50/34 if that matters any, everything else is stock. I was thinking of going with type S FSA Gossamer with cranks. Do I need anything else? New BB? The other option I'm considering is type S Rotor 3D but I wouldn't mind saving the $180 bucks if possible. :)
Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When stepping through the ordering process on the NA website, step 6 of 7 says "Safe time and receive your new power2max professionally assembled."
The cost of that is $29.90, but I can seem to find an explanation of what that entails. What does or doesn't come assembled depending on whether I pay the $29.90?

Pete
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [power2max] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nothing to add about the power meter (still waiting for mine to arrive). On that note: CanadaPost SUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKSSSSSSS.

Anyway, I'll be back after it arrives and I get to try it out!

@CycleHeavy
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Pete Schiller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just ordered one (without assembly) and it appears its because the PM comes detached from the crank. I'm assuming this charge is it have the crank and PM come fully assembled. I had a bike shop put it together for me so there was no need.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [shredz2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shredz2000 wrote:
I just ordered one (without assembly) and it appears its because the PM comes detached from the crank. I'm assuming this charge is it have the crank and PM come fully assembled. I had a bike shop put it together for me so there was no need.

Edit from earlier:

I emailed back and form with P2M support. The FSA 386EVO version has a lock ring which attaches the P2M type-S meter/spider to the crank. The MegaExo version uses six bolts in place of the lock ring. For the FSA 386EVO version, you either need to opt for the professional installation, purchase the $60 lock ring tool, or make sure your LBS has the proper tool, if they're doing the install. I'm not complaining about the cost of the "professional installation", since P2M has dropped their prices so much, it's a great deal regardless.

Pete
Last edited by: Pete Schiller: Sep 24, 15 14:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ok I'm super confused.

I have a 2014 Trek Speed Concept with a Shimano Ultegra crankset (50/34 - we changed it from the getgo)

I emailed support and they told me that my bottom bracket only fits a 24mm axle and sent me the link to the type S 3d 30.

Don't I want the one that says "FOR SHIMANO BOTTOM BRACKETS" and says 24mm? Just checking before I click PURCHASE.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a classic Power2max on a FSA Gossamer crankset. It is now mounted on a road bike with a BSA bottom bracket shell using a Megaexo BB I purchased from Power2max. All works fine as it is.

Can this crankset be moved to a 2012 Felt DA4 (BB30)? Use this? (http://www.power2max.com/...es/fsa-megaexo-bb30/)
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [MtnBikerChk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you want the 24mm one
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [lordhong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting. The link you sent with the power2max site has a model # of FSA-BB-ALM3, which according to FSA recommendation is for the older "pinch bolt" design of the FSA Gossamer.

PDF here: http://www.fullspeedahead.com/...B-2014-ROAD-A237.pdf

If you have the newer "non-pinch bolt" design of the FSA Gossamer, it should be the FSA-BB-CFM3. See: http://www.fullspeedahead.com/...s/road-m3-adapter-2/

Not really sure if the 2 are interchangeable. I sent a mail to p2m support regarding this and hoping to hear back soon.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Rusty Sprocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry for the delay...Here we go...That totally depends on whether or not you have the same crank on. If I'm not mistaken it's a BSA BB so if you have a MegaExo BB on already, it's a straight swap. If you have a Shimano BB in there, you'll likely want to get the Rotor...or just buy the MegaExo BB, which is the cheaper option.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Pete Schiller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Pete, the add on is relatively new but essentially you would want to get the professional assembly if you were buying cranks and a power meter, with or without chain rings. It's not essential, anyone can assemble the power meter and cranks/chain rings but if you don't have the tools/access to a bench vice it's certainly a lot easier. There's definitely value in being able to open a box, pulling your pre-assembled cranks out installing them on the bike.
Quote Reply

Prev Next