Anyone else into this show?

Another top notch program by the Netflix crew
Quote Reply
Re: Narcos [TylerJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TylerJ wrote:
Anyone else into this show?

Another top notch program by the Netflix crew

LIke Marco Polo and Arrested Development season 4?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How far into season is it (or did it just start?)?
Saw the trailer and it looks pretty good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I'll watch it next. Currently on Sense8 and think it's awesome
Quote Reply
Re: Narcos [OakCliffTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OakCliffTri wrote:
How far into season is it (or did it just start?)?
Saw the trailer and it looks pretty good.

I'm on episode 6.

The beauty about Netflix produced shows is they release a whole season at a time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've watched the first 3 episodes. Very interesting (especially if the history is at all true, and I suspect it is).

~~~~~~~~~
Empire Tri Coach
Team Gatorade Endurance
USATF Coach | NYRR Distance Pacer
Dad of twins
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got all the episodes in last week.

Agree - top notch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+1 Awesome show, just finished the last episode last night. I've been recommending it to everybody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just started - love it.
Agree about the continued high quality of original programming from both netflix and amazon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, I'm at episode 5. Pretty good stuff.

FYI, more than half of the dialog is in spanish with english subtitles. The actor playing Pablo is a damn good lookalike. When they flip to real pictures of Pablo and back to the actor, sometimes its hard to tell the difference of who i'm looking at.

I've always been fascinated by the whole Colombian Cartel story and the cocaine drug pipeline into the US. The amount of $$ involved was just staggering.

There's been a couple pretty good documentaries (that you can find on Netflix also) that are really good on the same topic and Pablo Escobar.
Quote Reply
Re: Narcos [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I read that Pablo wrote off like 3 billion dollars a year, because rats were eating it.

Unreal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At it's peak, Pablo was bringing in 33 billion annually (60 million a week). Ranked #7 on Forbes wealthiest people in the world if I remember correctly. All happening in about 10-15 years timeframe.

Couldn't find ways to launder it all. Even took to digging holes with backhoes to bury it. All US currency.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is a pretty incredible and bizarre story, and they mad a great show out of it! We are burning through the season. Even being familiar with the general story of Pablo it is still very entertaining.

I wonder if they will have another season based on some other famous drug lord? El Chapo?

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Narcos [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've read a lot about the Columbia cartels. See a lot of familiar faces. They just covered Barry seal. That is an interesting story. Dennis hopper played him in an hbo movie a couple decades ago. Oliver north comes up as a potential participant. He helped expose the Nicaragua and smuggling link with the cartels. Gary Webb mentioned him a lot before in his articles linking the CIA to drugs finding their way to US inner cities.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great first episode, thanks for the tip. Been looking for a bingeworthy show since Breaking Bad.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Narcos [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At E9 now. One thing I am a bit disappointed on is that they spend a relatively small amount of time on him building his business and empire. Think that was done by episode 1 or maybe 2. Lots of time spent on the later years with his political ambitions and the ensuing war with the govt. Just a personal preference though.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wonder why Hugo Martinez, the co of search bloc was not properly named. That guy is a genuine hero. Instead they called him Carrillo. It's like only the cartel members were the real names.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Narcos [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just finished The Cartel - Winslow, the sequel to The Power of the Dog - it is amazing, the things that happened / are happening are so bizarre that you could not make it up and if you did they'd say it was fiction, I appreciate its about the Mexican trade but none the less its awesome
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm surprised the SJWs haven't got all in rage about the prolific use of the words "fag" and "faggot".

Maybe they can't read the subtitles?

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Narcos [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
I wonder why Hugo Martinez, the co of search bloc was not properly named. That guy is a genuine hero. Instead they called him Carrillo. It's like only the cartel members were the real names.

Yeah, I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that Martinez is still alive (I think) and he either didn't want or did not give them permission on using his actual name. Maybe it was in deference to his wishes. Since he is still alive and they are basically showing him committing murders or doing other technically illegal things that they are trying to avoid lawsuit or other issues. I don't know how all that works cross-border.

Quote Reply
Re: Narcos [Mendeldave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mendeldave wrote:
I've watched the first 3 episodes. Very interesting (especially if the history is at all true, and I suspect it is).

We've seen this series.
Its excellent and, yes, sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.
For example, just seized on a flight originating from Bogota, a ton of cocaine disguised, yes, as computer printer toner:

http://news.yahoo.com/...ights-164742344.html

And another interesting new film, a documentary about the fight against the mexican cartels (but doc is not yet on netflix):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JD7hPM_yxg

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Narcos [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Watching it again last night I noticed the opening credits mention something about it being based on true events.

It's a cool show.

~~~~~~~~~
Empire Tri Coach
Team Gatorade Endurance
USATF Coach | NYRR Distance Pacer
Dad of twins
Quote Reply
Re: Narcos [Mendeldave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well shit. Are they getting a season 2 out of this story. I assumed this was a one and done, but I guess not.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Netflix announced that there will be a season 2.

I'm psyched... I was bummed when I ran out of episodes to watch. Very well done show.
Quote Reply
Re: Narcos [Nickwisdom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There can't be much more left for Pablo's saga, so I'm guessing the series moves on to the Cali cartel next.

Quote Reply

Prev Next