Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Macca vs The Real Starky
Quote | Reply
Anyone else following this feud on twitter? It seems its been going on for the last couple weeks. Anyone know what started it? For once, TRS doesn't appear to be the bully.... Macca does.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Macca vs The Real Starky [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it about this?

http://trstriathlon.com/...-unfortunate-number/
If it is, I'm with TRS
Quote Reply
Re: Macca vs The Real Starky [walie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely about the above article, and Macca is definitely instigating.
Quote Reply
Re: Macca vs The Real Starky [d2399] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Macca seems ready to throw it down with TRS in kona. Kinda like the time he and Crowie got into it at swim practice a few years ago.

One thing that is finally starting to come out is that Macca is a habitual liar.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Bahrain 13 article was the straw on the camel's back. TRS is covering the whole Bahrain story (including promoting athletes on the team/giving them interviews).

Macca doesn't like to be contested or questioned. Hence this feud. TRS has shown some maturity in handling this. There were some initial knee jerk reaction tweets, but generally hasn't gone on the same temper tantrum as macca.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what happened?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The lying thing is new. Him being a prick is not. Sorta fun when he's an active athlete playing the "heel", but sorta sad as a guy who doesn't really race anymore. Now is the time to start playing the elder statesman, growing the sport and telling stories. Just need to make sure they're true...

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Macca vs The Real Starky [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great summary, sad to see Macca react in this manner, but its in line with his character and preference to always attack. Surprised TRS has been as reserved as he has, he's certainly raised some valid concerns and Macca shouldn't be so sensitive to being called out. Whether you agree with his (Macca's) stance or not, TRS raises valid questions worth conversation and I suspect Macca will continue to dodge answering.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah the whole thing reeks of a setup. They will do some catty interview in Kona and charge people to download it.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Macca vs The Real Starky [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Yeah the whole thing reeks of a setup. They will do some catty interview in Kona and charge people to download it.

Quote Reply
Re: Macca vs The Real Starky [walie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for bringing this up. I actually had no idea.

Here's Wikipedia's rundown on the 'other' Bahrain Thirteen: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahrain_Thirteen

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply
Re: Macca vs The Real Starky [georged] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
georged wrote:
Thanks for bringing this up. I actually had no idea.

Here's Wikipedia's rundown on the 'other' Bahrain Thirteen: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahrain_Thirteen

This letter was published 1 week before Jim's article
http://adhrb.org/...n-13-endurance-team/

I am surprised it was never cited in the article.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Macca also called ben aka therealstarky an insult bc he asks ppl to donate a dollar for the podcast but macca does not but then macca does a podcast once a month

Follow me on Twitter @CK21TRHC
I use what I love: ISM, Blue70, Trek, FLO
Quote Reply
Re: Macca vs The Real Starky [ck21trhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a stupid criticism. Macca does his podcast as a promotional vehicle for his Macca X platform, not as a basis in and of itself. Ben does his as a form of journalism. It's like those free papers that are filled with classifieds vs the actual newspaper.
Quote Reply
Re: Macca vs The Real Starky [Sluglas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Precisely. There is no requirement to donate. It's sort of like crowd funding. If you enjoy it, donate. If you don't want to, no worries.

Plus, there is occasional bonus content (not as much recently) when you donate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TRS took pot shots at Macca long before any of the Bahrain 13 stuff..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
maccas podcast is horrible
the sound quality sucks and its usually just someone kissing his a55 and agreeing with everything he says
Quote Reply
Re: Macca vs The Real Starky [ck21trhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ck21trhc wrote:
Macca also called ben aka therealstarky an insult bc he asks ppl to donate a dollar for the podcast but macca does not but then macca does a podcast once a month

and Macca's podcast really sucks.

That's not too say that TRS doesn't have it's sucky moments as well (basically the first 20 minutes before the real interview starts).
Quote Reply
Re: Macca vs The Real Starky [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

How is it a setup? TRS has a real point about the biggest money influx that I've ever seen in triathlon being from a horrible regime that wants to whitewash crimes against humanity by promoting "health." Do you really think macca wants someone killing his golden goose?
Quote Reply
Re: Macca vs The Real Starky [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
That's not too say that TRS doesn't have it's sucky moments as well (basically the first 20 minutes before the real interview starts).
This - great interviews but the first 20 mins doesn't ever seem to mean very much. Sorry....
Quote Reply
Re: Macca vs The Real Starky [zamm0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thats interesting, as its probably the first 20 mins (or until the interviews start) that distinguishes TRS from any other show that just interviews triathletes. Lets face it, most triathletes are ridiculously boring. TRS has brought a different spin to triathlon and along the way has had the balls to point out inaccuracies within a sport thats absolutely loaded with hypocrites.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Macca x?
Did that really get past the first month? Or is it pulling an Ashley Madison? 99%
Fake accounts and 1% idiots?

No offence to Slowman and the slowtwitch training log, but if you are a Web training log, and you are not garmin connect (pervasive), strava (popular) or training peaks (deeply embedded in coaching and cross connects to strava and wko+) what can you offer that is better than that?
Quote Reply
Re: Macca vs The Real Starky [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the first 20 minutes are often the best part of the podcast. TRS brings a level of humor, insight and entertainment value (and often depth, as with Bahrain 13) that just doesn't exist in any other triathlon media. That's why he has garnered such a significant following in basically one year, which I think is pretty unprecedented in triathlon media in general. I subscribe to a number
of podcasts and his is the one I look forward to each week. He's a really talented guy. His humor is a bit Howard Stern-ish and I understand that is certainly not everyone's cup of tea. But the guy has talent in spades.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Because....well, SEO. If as TRS claims, part of the goal of Bahrain Endurance 13 is to impact Google/Bing results, you can work it the other way by sharing these links:

Bahrain 13

Bahrain Endurance 13

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Macca vs The Real Starky [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pathetic. Triathlon has a dearth of money at the pro level and here is one group of pros trying to eliminate the sponsorship of another group of pros because they don't like the politics of the sponsor. All those calls for a pro union? Yeah, that'll be one big happy family.
Quote Reply

Prev Next