Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
this is why i'm giving governing bodies a little slack. for them to suspend an athlete, is a finding of fraudulent behavior implicit the suspension? if so, then we're asking an NF to go further than ironman has gone.

NFs will suspend for drug use without finding fraudulent intent (ex. contaminated supplements, and "my doctor prescribed me this for lowT, so I thought is was ok"). Same with whereabouts violations for the pros.

I'm not saying everyone who cuts a course should get suspended (I'm doing a race with a 4-lap bike next weekend, and every year several people lose count and only do 3 laps [usually BOP though]); however a pattern of behavior should be enough w/o specifically proving intent for each incident.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Loop courses for the most part depending on where you live are a reality and some years yes people do a lap short and it shows very clearly they did. The last one I did with 4 loops I did not count and did 5 by mistake. I wonder if I should give my extra lap to JM?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [Z28Diddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Z28Diddy wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
Haven't read whole thread but i just can not see how one single amateur triathlete merits 520 posts, unless she murdered someone to win her AG:)

That probably would have been more acceptable around here, provided she did not cut the course to do so

Ya, right, and now we're up to 550 posts:)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [Jason N] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sunshine Coast April Fools Run: Half Marathon 2013
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Previous races with more 'normal' finish times

Pacific Road Runners First Half, Half Marathon 2013

573 1:46:15 JULIE MILLEE 1604 F 35-39 30/155 186/1059 1:45:53 0:49:56 5:03 SQUAMISH BC 61.98% 599 1:45:12

Sunshine Coast April Fool’s Run 2013 (half Marathon)

314 Julie Miller F35-39 129 35 7 01:46:33.0
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [Squish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most people run Ironman marathons at a faster pace than their standalone half marathon times, right?

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Last edited by: GMAN19030: Sep 4, 15 18:58
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [y_nigel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
y_nigel wrote:
Wow this things sure has some legs!

The ironic thing is, if she'd stuck her hand up and admitted she cheated, this thread wouldn't have even hit 2 pages, she'd have been DQ'd from IM Canada and the Vancouver half and perhaps that would have been the end of it. Now she's facing more DQs, WTC suspension, possibly even fraud charges and all because she is so arrogant she still thinks she can get away with it.. bizarre...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Squish wrote:

573 1:46:15 JULIE MILLEE 1604 F 35-39 30/155 186/1059 1:45:53 0:49:56 5:03 SQUAMISH BC 61.98% 599 1:45:12

So no race results that you know of prior to 2013. She sort of just burst on the scene from what it appears?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another suspect win?

Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hey let her have her one fair win.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [Ty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this whole ordeal is making me feel a little ...

Squamish?

Sorry for that, but it HAD to be done

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
this whole ordeal is making me feel a little ...

Squamish?

Sorry for that, but it HAD to be done

I cannot believe no one else thought of that. Well played.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Before we all jump to conclusions about Sweden being an "accurate representation" of her ability, a little more research would reveal that she competed without her own wetsuit or bike as they were lost on the flight over.
More then fair to say that would throw ANYONE off their game
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [BushLife] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LEt say it might account for 2-3min.... My experience having athletes that have race in ironman races with those kind of situation. At the level she claim to be at, it doesn't throw Many of them off there game. They are above that and can refocus and get the work done.

My opinion as a coach working with athletes of this level......

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
SasquatchRuns wrote:
According to the TriCan website, that would have been the 2013 Vancouver Half. it was also timed by SportStats. She took third with a 4:56:xx.

http://www.triathlon.org/...tional_championships

You can find her splits here:

https://www.sportstats.ca/...&category=F35-39

Anyone have photos from that race?

I just looked at those splits and they look fairly legit for a front of pack local athlete. It also corroborates to me that a 32 min half IM swimmer cannot magically become a 57-58 min full IM swimmer. Also a 1:40 20K half IM runner does not turn in some of the times she has posted at IM's during the run.

At the surface it looks like a legit qual for Weihei 2014 so no reason to remove her from Weihei on account of fraudulently qualifying (unless some other evidence is produced from Vancouver 2013). For the British athlete to get her world title from Weihei, there would now need to be some hard evidence of course cutting at Weihei assuming there is nothing hard from Vancouver 2013. At least the splits that show up in sportstats don't seem totally out of whack in any sport for a decent athlete.

The bike split from this race has her bike time of 2:39 and yet she was faster than the equivalent aged MALE who won his category and had a 2:4something bike time. One of the pictures I saw shows Julie without an aero helmet. Her bike time is just too fast as I can attest firsthand that she is not capable of that time with an average speed of 34kms/hr nor the 36kms/hr that she posted for a bike split in 2014.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [twitchiest] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It also looks like she out swam and out biked some of the elite women and it was just her run that let her down.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [cougie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow. She is still sticking to her "story."
http://www.vancouversun.com/.../11339133/story.html
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [Ty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
“I still stand by my belief (however foolish anyone might think it is) that it was not Julie’s intention to cut the course,” Guloien said on her blog.

I hope the focus doesn't shift to the intention as that is irrelevant.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [Jnags7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was just thinking the same as the reason why she did it is not relevant but making sure this does not happy again or limiting it happening at any race should be the focus
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [Vampy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Before we all jump to conclusions about Sweden being an "accurate representation" of her ability, a little more research would reveal that she competed without her own wetsuit or bike as they were lost on the flight over.
More then fair to say that would throw ANYONE off their game
Unfortunately, when three recent results have been tossed for course cutting, all of the athletes past results become questioned. With as many race numbers and timing chips as Julie Miller seems to lose, an accurate representation of her ability is very difficult to establish. It would be helpful if her Athlinks profile hadn't been made private.

Were I accused of cheating, I would provide a list of all my results that would show a clear and steady progression in my abilities. I would also make available GPS files from races where I wore a GPS watch.

Looks like you are new to slowtwich.com and this was your first post, hmm...

Tony
http://www.triathleteguru.com
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [Vampy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where did that info come from ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Squish wrote:

A 1:46 open marathon puts her at ~ a 42 VDOT. Using Ale Martinez's nifty IM marathon estimator one would expect her to be able to run somewhere between a 4:39 @ 75% of threshold to a 4:22 if she could hold 80% of threshold. For a half IM we're talking about her being able to do between 1:56 and 1:50 if she was able to hold 90 to 95% of threshold pace. But maybe she had a really great day/s;)

Hugh

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
i think we see that it's possible to make a mistake. so i'd like you all to be very, very careful when posting pics and drawing conclusions about race performances.

There is also the issue of screw ups from other sources leading to further speculation leading down the wrong path.

The more I have been involved with this the more I understand how little I knew until I had looked through an absolute mass of evidence. Julie Miller's China result is a case in point. The results on the ITU page bear very little resemblance to Miller's times in the race - swim, bike, run or whatever - that run time is not where the issue lies. Why there is such a random collection of numbers added beside Millers name is anyone's guess. You can't simply trust what you see on screen.

You have to dig deeper to ensure that figure is correct, and it isn't .... I am not sure, according to her friend, that she is even claiming a 1:23 to be accurate with her friend claiming "she think more like a 1:40 something." But that's what it states in the results table for whatever reason.

So .... my preference, or more accurately 'advice', would be that anyone looking long and hard at Miller's China run time should look elsewhere. Her run is, as far as I can see, not an issue and the 1:23 is a red herring.

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [JayPeeWhy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know where Kip Litton is now?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
Anyone know where Kip Litton is now?

He's had a sex change and moved to Canada.
Quote Reply

Prev Next