Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Post deleted by Herding Cats
Post deleted by Herding Cats [ In reply to ]
Re: Looking for a female coach for an older triathlete [Herding Cats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just sent you a private message.

Jen

Jen Rulon
Chasing that Kona Dream since 1989
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a female coach for an older triathlete [Herding Cats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd see if desert dude or trukweaz are taking new clients. They are both very good.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Last edited by: Herding Cats: Aug 29, 15 8:06
Quote | Reply
your choice, but it's worth talking to them. desert dude knows a lot about the bone stuff; I don't know if she's still around this forum but austinintx (or something like that - her name had "austin" in it) had some similar issues and he was coaching her. He also never officially coached me but did a lot of sort of consulting with my bone stuff.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Joyce--it's Leslie from Cali. Do you care WHERE your coach lives? My training partner, Julie Dunkle, at C2C coaching might be a good fit for you. She understands the "aging" (a-hem, you are only 45) female athlete as well injuries.......Let me know if you would like me to connect the two of you.

leslie myers
http://www.foodsensenow.com
Last edited by: Honey: Aug 29, 15 16:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BTW "Truckweaz" is my coach and he's male. So is Desert Dude

leslie myers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am also with QT2 and I think the dietician route is key - mine is also a runner so she is great.
Even though I have been at goal weight I like having the accountability and someone to bounce things off of

they have some great women coaches look into one on one with them instead of just a mission plan maybe?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For what Ironman are you training?

leslie myers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am not a coach - I am family medicine physician so know a lot but not a coach
I think having someone who LISTENS to you is key

I have a running coach one on one since marathons are my focus right now and used a mission plan for tris and one on one dietician from QT2 will switch to one on one coaching when I step up to ironman next year.

I just moved and changed jobs so need to let things in my life settle down.

You have a great handle on what you need now you need a coach who hears that. I picked my run coach for the same reasons you are picking a female tri coach. My run coach is a woman a few years older than me so gets menopause and the havoc that goes with it!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Debi Bernardes at UCANDOIT Coaching is excellent.
http://www.ucandoitcoach.com/

BrokenSpoke
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Karen Smyers team Psycho

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should talk to Joanna Zeiger. I don't know if she's currently taking new athletes, but she gets the age & injuries thing and is a great coach.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

You may want to talk to Laura Sophiea. You can reach her at Trimasterscoach.com or Sophiea Coaching on Facebook.

She has quite a few 40+ athletes she coaches, including myself. She's a great coach, and I can think of three local athletes she coaches who are friends of mine here in the past two seasons who've all struggled with stress fractures and are all very competitive / worlds qualifiers, etc.

Laura is modest about her accomplishments and low key, but she'll be competing in Kona #25 -- in the W 60-64 AG this year. She's a wealth of knowledge, and I've learned so much from her.

You can email me at makeitagreatday@earthlink.net (vs messaging here) if I can help you. I'm rarely on this forum, but I love reading Slowtwitch articles. I came across your post trying to find a women's wetsuit for sale for an upcoming race.

Best.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who did you go with for coaching?

leslie myers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi there. I'm glad you've found someone and just wanted to add some words of hope for others that might stumble across this thread.

I hired my coach while I was at the ripe old age of 41 (haha) coming off of months of appointments aimed at diagnosing the source of some significant right side pain extending from my shoulder to knee but most focused in hip area. I have a labrum tear in my hip but after several diagnostic injections, that isn't really a contributor so fixing it was not recommended by the expert.

Ultimately I went from couch surfing for a couple of months to finishing Mt Tremblant in 15 weeks without making myself worse. It wasn't the time I'd wanted when signing up for the race but given the circumstances, I was quite pleased.

My point is, chin up, people with injuries and 40 year old women, there are coaches who will listen and give their best. And at the time mine was a 26 year old kid, er, I mean professional male triathlete.

:-)

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply

Prev Next