Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
Sbradley11 wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
JoelO wrote:
I think WTC put that rule in to prevent serial drafters from using the mirrors to alert them of marshals coming up from behind.

No data to back this statement up. Just a few thinking the glass is half empty. I feel so much safer where in a race. 99% of my USAT races
have no marshalls at them, so not an issue.

So you think that, on a whim, for no reason, WTC just decided to add that rule?

Would not be the first time.

Just like when USAT said 10mm wetsuits could not be used. Just a few board members that had issues, not the membership.

You should read the Kevin Moats thread (if it still exists) dealing with his punishment regarding the lack of a TUE. It quickly hit on the fact that he used the mirror to check for marshals.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
Sbradley11 wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
JoelO wrote:
I think WTC put that rule in to prevent serial drafters from using the mirrors to alert them of marshals coming up from behind.

No data to back this statement up. Just a few thinking the glass is half empty. I feel so much safer where in a race. 99% of my USAT races

Just like when USAT said 10mm wetsuits could not be used. Just a few board members that had issues, not the membership.

You have a knack for derailing threads with non-sense and unrelated arguments to show everyone how different you are. It's annoying as hell.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [NJSteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NJSteve wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
Sbradley11 wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
JoelO wrote:

You should read the Kevin Moats thread (if it still exists) dealing with his punishment regarding the lack of a TUE. It quickly hit on the fact that he used the mirror to check for marshals.

Like everything in life, some cheat. Yep, clearly a mirror can be used to cheat with drafting, but since 99% do not use, this has not stopped drafting has it?

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [get2T2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
get2T2 wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
Sbradley11 wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
JoelO wrote:

You have a knack for derailing threads with non-sense and unrelated arguments to show everyone how different you are. It's annoying as hell.

What brought up that mirrors are cheating or illegal? I did not.

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
get2T2 wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
Sbradley11 wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
JoelO wrote:

No, but you just had to put your two cents in, didn't you?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
get2T2 wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
Sbradley11 wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
JoelO wrote:

+1 sorry I bit on the bait. I should know better.

Quote | Reply
get2T2 wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
get2T2 wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
Sbradley11 wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
JoelO wrote:

Yep, just like you and others. :)

No, but you just had to put your two cents in, didn't you?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
get2T2 wrote:

Post of the week! I love it so much I'm making it my new tag line!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
get2T2 wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
Sbradley11 wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
JoelO wrote:

Maybe Julie Miller paid him off?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [walie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
walie wrote:
get2T2 wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
Sbradley11 wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
JoelO wrote:

Maybe Julie Miller paid him off?

You think she started a donation page to fund that?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oh, no this is just h2o being h2o (eventually its about him and I think he really likes it)
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [Sbradley11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sbradley11 wrote:
[

Sometimes you don't need data. Being reasonable and rational is enough. Helmet mirrors make it so it's easy to see if someone is coming behind you in case you're doing something you shouldn't be in a race.

Well his mirror didn't seem to help Dave avoid the draft marshals at the Auburn Tri;)

Hugh

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Learn how to use a computer, buddy. Your reply is buried in another posters message.

And learn how to participate in a thread without turning it into a discussion of h20fun's efforts to be different.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [Runguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Runguy wrote:
oh, no this is just h2o being h2o (eventually its about him and I think he really likes it)

May he should change his name to "h2-NO-fun?"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Someone who needs to raise money from the public to fund her trip to an age group triathlon race, that she allegedly cheats at, now has money to retain a lawyer to threaten and/or sue the website hosting a forum discussing her proven and/or alleged cheating.

The world needs more paragons of humanity like this. Sheesh.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [OkotoksLawyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fundraising her legal fund perhaps?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lawyer may be on contingency.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sciguy wrote:

Well his mirror didn't seem to help Dave avoid the draft marshals at the Auburn Tri;)

yowch

Eliot
blog thing - strava thing
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
h2ofun wrote:

What is wrong with helmet mirrors? I race with it all the time. They are not illegal.

Are you sure about that?

I just looked at IMCHOO's athlete guide and....

" Helmet mirrors or mirrors attached to the bike or body are prohibited unless needed for a verifiable medical reason. Athletes granted permission to use a mirror will be ineligible for awards or World Championship entry slots. Athletes using a mirror without permission will be disqualified."

Those with a hearing impairment should be permitted to use a mirror.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [thisgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not likely IMO.... Tough to take a percentage on Zero. Pro bono perhaps, but contingency is highly unlikely. But stranger things have happened (e.g. this thread and the previous two ;) )
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [legalgooner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
legalgooner wrote:
Not likely IMO.... Tough to take a percentage on Zero. Pro bono perhaps, but contingency is highly unlikely. But stranger things have happened (e.g. this thread and the previous two ;) )

Is contingency legal in Canada ?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [OkotoksLawyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OkotoksLawyer wrote:
Someone who needs to raise money from the public to fund her trip to an age group triathlon race, that she allegedly cheats at, now has money to retain a lawyer to threaten and/or sue the website hosting a forum discussing her proven and/or alleged cheating.

The world needs more paragons of humanity like this. Sheesh.

lol
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While I do not practice in Canada, I understand that it is a "legal" form of representation.
Last edited by: legalgooner: Sep 1, 15 17:06
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan,

I feel that you have been very fair and balanced in both your comments and governing a frustrated crowd. I ask a simple question and am interested in your thoughts. If Ms. Miller was disqualified from a qualifying event then aren't her results in China automatically null. i.e. If I were the NY Yankees and made it to the World Series and Won.....Then it was determined I was disqualified from the event which put me into the world series....It would seem I couldn't win the world series if I was disqualified in the round before I got there. Before or after the result. Thoughts? Mostly trying to understand how all these different organizations rule in these circumstances. I defer to your extensive knowledge over my limited knowledge.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [Jctriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I always wait and look for your posts to H2O - and you never fail me! Amazing you always find them! How?
Last edited by: chrisinma: Sep 1, 15 18:07
Quote Reply

Prev Next