Quote | Reply
You will be amazed!

Tracy M. De Soto
Femme Designer/CFO/Attorney
De Soto Sport
Quote Reply
Re: cycling/ GYN problem [quiet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know this is an old thread but it's a new issue for me. My problem is very similar, 2 years ago I had severe pain on the left side of the pelvic bone and down my left leg. I discovered a mass or swelling over the area of the pubic ramus - forward from the sit bone. After hundreds of miles and trying different seats, my husband discovered a bent seat post which slightly canted the seat to one side and we assume that was the cause of this issue. He replaced the seat post and I found the Specialized Oura Gel to be the least painful seat. Recently I began to increase my hours on the bike again and the pain was so bad I had to slide the left side off the seat completely to get relief so I decided to see the doctor. Sonogram and X-ray were normal but an MRI showed some type of asymmetry in the soft tissue on the left side and muscle strain. There's no cyst but it's a lump the size of half a golf ball that feels fairly hard. The orthopedic surgeon guessed there are nerves involved but has recommended an OB/GYN. Now I'm looking again at changing the saddle again though I don't know if there is one made that I can use without pain. My bike, fit, position and saddle are as good as it gets but my body isn't.....!!

So, in answer to the original question "has anyone ever had this problem" - yes. Many replies in this forum have addressed saddle sores or cysts or ingrown hairs but I can assure you that's not the problem, here. It's a solid mass, perhaps scar tissue or fibrous tissue but not an infection and not cystic. To the second question "did you find a solution" sadly, no. If I do, I will definitely post it in case there are others with this issue!
Quote Reply

Prev Next