Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New tires
Quote | Reply
I will be riding the hotter than hell 100 at the end of august and need a new set of tires. I am riding a p3 on a hed jet black wheelset 6/9 combo. I want to get a set of tires that has the best blend of fast and flat resistance. The lds recommend continental Grand Prix 4000s and i also was wondering about the attack/fource combo. Right now im running 23mm tires front and back and was considering going to a 23mm front 25mm rear. Will a 25mm tire have enough clearance on my setup and if so what are the advantages or disadvantages of doing this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Thx
Quote Reply
Re: New tires [12duramax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 23mm on the Jet+ rim is enormous. Closer to 26mm. I'm currently running an Attack front and a Force rear on Jet+ rims. Force is probably the biggest tire my bike ('14 Speed Concept) can take. 22mm Attack was found to be the fastest tire aerodynamically by HED so that's a good choice for the front.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
12duramax wrote:
I will be riding the hotter than hell 100 at the end of august and need a new set of tires. I am riding a p3 on a hed jet black wheelset 6/9 combo. I want to get a set of tires that has the best blend of fast and flat resistance. The lds recommend continental Grand Prix 4000s and i also was wondering about the attack/fource combo. Right now im running 23mm tires front and back and was considering going to a 23mm front 25mm rear. Will a 25mm tire have enough clearance on my setup and if so what are the advantages or disadvantages of doing this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Thx

I'm running the Hed Jet Plus 6/9 on the latest model P2 (blue + white pain tjob), with no problems.

I use attack/force and no issues there either. The front is a little hard to get on, even with the right technique I still sometimes need a lever for the last tiny little bit.

I can't speak about whether it's the fastest or most aero, but both the front and back seem to have a VERY smooth connection with the wheels (i.e. tyre sits flush with the brake track).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like the attack/force combo is a popular choice. How are they for flat resistance. Thx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hard to say - I've had a couple of flats on them, but I ride some very crappy roads.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How are they for flat resistance. Thx

They have the same same casing and vectran belt as the GP4000, just thinner tread.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
12duramax wrote:
Sounds like the attack/force combo is a popular choice. How are they for flat resistance. Thx

Flat resistance shouldn't be an issue...what IS an issue though is that not all Attacks apparently roll the same. I've measured dramatically different Crr between examples...and only 1 out of the 3 tires I tested would I consider "fast" (from a Crr standpoint).

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: New tires [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have a more consistent tire that you recommend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
12duramax wrote:
GP4000s!

<We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak>
Quote Reply
Re: New tires [dmacandcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dmacandcheese wrote:
12duramax wrote:
GP4000s!

23C SuperSonics are fairly nice as well...

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply