Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Official Ventum Owners Thread
Quote | Reply
I know (outside of Pros) nobody has the bike yet but wanted to go ahead and start the thread anyway since the pre-order is open and people have had the opportunity to purchase. Tell us which color scheme you went with and which Ventum one you purchased. I'm in for the full Monty, Ventum one Di2 Option! Super pumped to get this bike. I have owned multiple super bikes and have been frustrated in one way or another at some point that caused me to sell them. My biggest frustration is I am an odd shaped individual and most super bikes are really limited on their front end adjustability and what cockpit you want to use. After talking with the guys at Ventum I was really relieved to find out that the front end has a ton of options and adjustability and I can swap out cockpits if I want down the road. My second issue was the rear brakes on my old bikes. This one has much better access to the rear brake to adjust it and work on it. This thread isn't for haters so if you come on here to just make stupid comments ( i.e. this bike is ugly, horrible, etc) seriously move on down the road. I've found in my life people feel threatened when the "status quo" is challenged. That is one of the reasons I was so excited about this bike.

I purchased the Black on Black color scheme in the Ventum one Dura Ace Di2. I also got the 51. I am 5'9" and have a long torso and shorter legs.

Kirk Noyes

Downtubes are for Dinosaurs

Quote Reply
Re: Official Ventum Owners Thread [kman74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Following this thread :). Do let us know how it rides compared to your other bikes and especially if you have any aero testing done!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ventum Owners Thread [aahydraa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aahydraa wrote:
Following this thread :). Do let us know how it rides compared to your other bikes and especially if you have any aero testing done!

I know they will be releasing the data next week from an independent group. I will definitely be updating this thread with as much info as possible. feel free to PM me. I am fairly certain I've asked about every question under the sun to the guys and learned a lot.

Kirk Noyes

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is a particularly strange looking bike but I've never noticed any time bonuses granted to me in a race based upon my stylish outfits.

I'm interested to hear how the water "bottle" integration works. It seems like a long way from the bottle to your mouth.

I also wonder why these high end niche manufacturers even bother with accomodation for anything but electronic shifting? If it's truly a Superbike, why bother with inferior components that add complexity and cost to the frame?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ventum Owners Thread [Goobdog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I also wonder why these high end niche manufacturers even bother with accomodation for anything but electronic shifting? If it's truly a Superbike, why bother with inferior components that add complexity and cost to the frame?

You can ask them directly. I presume they'll come back to the 'ask us anything about the new Ventum' thread:

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?post=5648222

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ventum Owners Thread [Goobdog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Goobdog wrote:
It is a particularly strange looking bike but I've never noticed any time bonuses granted to me in a race based upon my stylish outfits.

I'm interested to hear how the water "bottle" integration works. It seems like a long way from the bottle to your mouth.

At the end of the day it's still about making money on a product and with that you have to look at price points. If I'm not mistaken they only offer three different options and two of them are electric and the third being a frame set only. As for the bottle the hydration unit is much aligned with the shiv in terms of placement and having a drinking straw coming out of it. Personally I like that I can remove it and wash it. I also prefer that it hold a lot more fluid that the shiv. I owned the Shiv Sworks and I never even attempted to use the hydration unit because pulling the bag and putting it in was a pain.

Kirk Noyes

Quote Reply
Re: Official Ventum Owners Thread [georged] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
georged wrote:
Quote:

You can ask them directly. I presume they'll come back to the 'ask us anything about the new Ventum' thread:

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?post=5648222
That's why I started this thread. Jimmy Seears one of the founders and designers of the bike started a thread about the bike but doesn't have all the time in the World to be answering every question. I reached out to them and said I would be starting this and they said they would be happy to help me answer any questions that people may have.

Kirk Noyes

Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: Official Ventum Owners Thread [gabbiev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gabbiev wrote:
Goobdog wrote:

I also wonder why these high end niche manufacturers even bother with accomodation for anything but electronic shifting? If it's truly a Superbike, why bother with inferior components that add complexity and cost to the frame?[/quote]

This was supposed to be pink, I assumed, on you had gotten.

no, seemed like a legitimate comment. You need to work on being your delivery. haha.

Kirk Noyes

Quote Reply
Re: Official Ventum Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I have had quite a few people PM me with questions and here is some of the info I know

1) The Junction box is hidden in the front ferring and is very accessible and keeps the bike looking clean.

2) The nutrition storage that Jimmy mentioned will be an "add on". It is going to be made of hard silicone and will utilize the space between the hydration bottle and the top cap/stem.

3) Right now the bike comes in matte black with a glossy ventum logo. They are working on Stickers of multiple colors people can utilize and put and remove for different races or whenever

Hope this helps.

Kirk Noyes

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will there be a place for you to carry a large number of spare tubes? ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ventum Owners Thread [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha. well played. today was ridiculous man. ran out of everything after two flats and had to walk a mile down 105 to that little bike shop by the entrance to Walden. I must be buying tubes from the same place Raul is. HA!

Kirk Noyes

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
whats price going to be for frame/fork etc?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ventum Owners Thread [Georgiatri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Georgiatri wrote:
whats price going to be for frame/fork etc?

http://shop.ventumracing.com/collections/ventum-one

$6,250 for the frameset.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kman74 wrote:
aahydraa wrote:

I know they will be releasing the data next week from an independent group. I will definitely be updating this thread with as much info as possible. feel free to PM me. I am fairly certain I've asked about every question under the sun to the guys and learned a lot.

Awesome to see Ventum has passed the EU safety standards for bike frames. As of now it will be interesting to see if any of the other "forward thinking" frames will participate in this testing and a big IF that they will pass. Fairly certain I don't want my frame cracking mid ride or seatpost cracking. Ventum seems to be covering all the bases when it comes to building the ACTUAL fastest bike in the world.

Kirk Noyes

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wasn't this bike basically made in The 90's? How much is this costing people?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ventum Owners Thread [Looks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks wrote:
Wasn't this bike basically made in The 90's? How much is this costing people?
the concept was developed in the 90's but there has been a tremendous amount of time and advancement made into this design to improve aero dynamics WITH the rider on the bike AND with bottles and How the bike was ridden. It will be interesting to see the claims others make about their bikes and how they were tested. I guess I'm not really sure i understand your comment? Are you questioning how much advancement has actually been made or are you asking how safe is the bike?

Kirk Noyes

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got mine!!! SUPER Pumped.

First off I want to say a HUGE thank you to Diaa, Jimmy and Neville at Ventum for making this happen. I got the unique opportunity to go to Miami and build my bike out with Jimmy Seears in their temporary warehouse ( pretty funny actually as we were in this big open space with what appeared to be a bunch of repo'd cars or something) They will be moving into their final digs next week. I will detail out the build then discuss how the bike feels after spending a 150 miles on it in two days.

1. The Build having been apart of 4 builds ( all super bikes) I will say this one was by FAR the easiest I've ever been apart of. Because there is no downtube and the seat post is so wide it makes everything go through super quick. Now there was already lines pre run to help pull the wires for the Di2 go thru and brake cables. we ( jimmy ;-) ) had them pulled through in 10 mins. Junction box A sits under the ferring on the front and is hidden from view where it is super clean. junction box B sits in the space near the BB and has plenty of room to be able to work with it. The rear derailleur screws into a hanger ( replacement hanger is given with purchase of bike as well) The stem and cockpit can be cut multiple ways to accommodate people for multiple fit options. you can bring the base bar up and and not use as many spacers under the pads to achieve the correct height and use a regular stem cap. Not as clean as the other option but helps if you need to adjust your fit. You can also have a lower base bar with the cockpit slammed and you can use more spacers under the pads to achieve the correct height. That will allow you to use the wire cover ( a sturdy hard plastic piece ) and it screws directly into the stem and covers the brake wire to the rear along with the Di2 wires. The ferring up front does a wonderful job of cover up the front brake, junction box and wires.

2. The ride- wow. This bike doesn't know how to go slow. I'm aware that people will say I'm biased and it's the "honeymoon phase" but i've owned and ridden enough bikes in my life to know how certain things feel and how they react. I also know the roads I ride on around here and what my normal speeds would be at specific wattages. for example I will normally average speed wise around 20.5-20.8 around here with an average watts of 200-210 for a longish ride. Yesterday I went out with a small group of guys to ride and we took off at our normal smooth pace and I jumped out front to pull to see how the bike would react. Well, I stuck to my normal wattage and effort level I normally would on a group ride and I split the group up in the first 5 miles and it ended up being me and one other guy. we took it a little easier on the way back and we were riding abreast and bull crapping so not a good opportunity to to see. Overall speed was right at 21mph for 65 miles so i was pleasantly surprised that it was that fast. Avg watts was 201. this morning I went out and rode 82 miles solo and wanted to see what the bike could produce under normal training parameters. I didn't have the 808's on yesterday or today that came with the bike. Normal training wheels. today was wow. had a pretty good headwind coming back after it being pretty still going out. the bike just goes. I avg'd 207 watts for the ride today ( nothing special, just a normal ride) and I avg'd 21.7mph. the bike is just fast. It holds steady in the wind and just goes. zero wobble up front. zero movement. This thing is ridiculously fast. I've ridden the BH GC RC, BMC TM01, Specialized Shiv Sworks and Colnago K-Zero.

3. The Fit- I have short legs and a longer torso compared to most and this thing just fits me perfect. It's the reason why I left the shiv ( among other reasons) and the BMC. A good TT bike should feel more comfortable in the areo bars than on the horns and this is one of them. I spent 95% of the ride today and yesterday in the aero bars. Felt great. My shiv I spent about 45% of the time in them.

The bike is well worth a look if you are considering buying a new bike. you won't be disappointed. If you have any questions fire away. I will try to post some pics

Kirk Noyes

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
awesome! post a picture of it!

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ventum Owners Thread [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trying to figure out how. they aren't posting

Kirk Noyes

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you have to have them on a server. Use TinyPic

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Sep 20, 15 14:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
still not working.

Kirk Noyes

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
copy and paste the link from TinyPic into the image button on the forum post. Make sure it is an www link and doesn't have the tags

Last edited by: BryanD: Sep 20, 15 14:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[/img]

Kirk Noyes

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[/img][/img][/img][/img]

Kirk Noyes