Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? July 27 Edition
Quote | Reply
Tell us about it!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 27 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals for this coming week: ride at least 4 times nope, one of them long (1 short ride done) nope. Take at least one day off from running nope but one run was only 1.4 miles . Swim at least twice done. Get a bunch of schoolwork done I did finish one project; didn't work on the other.

M: 8.5 mi run + 8 mi bike
T: 2.7 mi run + 45 min teaching spinning + 6.3 mi run
W: 4.9 mi run + 2100 yd swim
T: 10.3 mi run + 3.5 mi bike
F: 1.4 mi run + 3800 yd swim
S: 12 mi run + taught yoga + 4 mi kayaking
S: 6.5 mi run + taught yoga

I might have ridden more if it hadn't been such a rainy weekend.

totals 5900 yd swim + 21.5 mi bike + 52.6 mi run

Goals for this week: must finish 2nd school project. Keep runs short (racing this weekend). Swim and bike lots.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have a great race! :-)

Last week:
- I have 4 days onsite consulting, my last 4 days of my Master Black Belt, thank god. DONE - and it really cemented the desire to move onto something different... especially when I check-in to the emails from work and see stuff that makes me shake my head... sigh... :-(
- Run 3x - DONE and doggy is back doing easy runs too - yay!
- Dryland 1x - FAIL it was cancelled but that's ok I guess as I got in a bonus inline skate session (WIN!) which killed my glutes (on the 400m track at the local HS, the longer track let me really work on my straightaways)
- Ride 1x - FAIL but got a bunch done on the house so that's OK

This week:
- get some sense of order restored at work holy cow
- run 4x
- dryland 1x
- ride 5x
- more work on the house

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very busy few days, total sleep the 2 nights before Sunday's race- less than 10 hours.
number of high 5s given during the run-- countless
Number of former Olympic Silver Medallists I beat out of the swim- 1 (M. Jones)
Had a great time, some of my friends also raced, had a blast too. Saw a few familiar faces on the course (Gee-on the bike course) and tons of fans into the finish line.
Number of miles walked Saturday & Sunday-about 16 miles (taking public transit everywhere, and getting lost on my way to my first shift)
Opening Ceremonies was amazing (though the parade of athletes took forever)

My sister and I waiting for opening ceremonies to start, very warm out.

Athletes parading in.

The finish line of the triathlon.
Public transit is working well, but I won't take it for the afternoon shift I am working (gets done at 8:30 pm). Missed my scheduled train this morning, and had to make a potty stop before transitioning from rail to bus and just made it to check in on time.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I survived my first 70.3! Race report is here: http://littlecondo.tumblr.com/...-report-26-july-2015 (it's a long one so thought a link might be better than a whole bunch of text if people aren't interested)

This week: recover! My legs are kind of sore and my left bicep is doing something funky.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The hay is in the barn, I think my 310xt is dead.

I had a great final week of training! Except that I had an unexpected day off on Thurs instead of my usual Fri because I slept amazingly horribly from Wed to Thurs night. I was concerned about doing the Thursday stuff on Friday and then going into a big weekend but it turned out OK.
I also did a Rapha women's 100k ride on Sunday, which was also my bday, and was terribly hot. It was fun though. I don't usually ride Sun. mornings because we attend church. There was a good group of us, and it split up a bit, but near the end I think there was still around 8-10 of us, only about 4-5 of us still taking pulls and I was excited to be one of them.

Now it's taper time for the 70.3.

TC - have fun at your race!

S - congrats on the 70.3!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 27 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I survived my first 70.3! Race report is here: http://littlecondo.tumblr.com/...-report-26-july-2015 (it's a long one so thought a link might be better than a whole bunch of text if people aren't interested)

This week: recover! My legs are kind of sore and my left bicep is doing something funky.

Congrats! I don't know whether to LOL or be mad at Dan saying "what took you so long..."

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 27 Edition [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did a Rapha 100km ride too!! I sat and drafted, but had no problem finishing the ride. Not bad considering I've done one road ride (40km) this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well done, you!!! Great race report - I laughed when I read the part about going out for socks. Funny how contagious everyone else's anxiety is around a race. I bet after a couple more 70.3's the full distance will begin to be enticing! You already have the mindset!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like it was a good time. Congratulations.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
X2 - damn them speedy guys :-)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I spent last week camping on rocks

With the occasional incredible sunset

Wishing the wind would die

(Those are 4' waves breaking out in the open water of Georgian Bay)

Occasionally being obliged

Having lunch wherever we could find a bit of calm

Lighting some stuff on fire

Feeling very Canadian

Watching minks play on the rocks

Playing among the rocks myself

Trying a solo paddle in my new kevlar Souris River canoe

Skinny dipping (noone wants to see that, so here's a photo of a sunrise instead)

And generally feeling like I win at life.

This week's goals:
- swim x 2
- bike x 2
- run x 3
- core/strength x 4
- get packed up and head out for a week of motorcycle touring down to the Blue Ridge Parkway!

Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone. tigerchik & AP - it's definitely a LOL moment; usually over a glass of something bubbly a couple of hours after the race :-)

mistressk - what great pictures!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 27 Edition [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great pics. That part of Canada is so on my "to see" list.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 27 Edition [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ohmegerd so jealous! We are going to be in Grimsby/Smithville the 1st week of Sept, I would love to meet up for a beer even if it's to/from Pearson. If you're around (and I'm sober) I'd love to go for a run in your neck of the woods... :-)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 27 Edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys! I swear the best thing I ever did was buy a waterproof/shockproof camera to take on our backcountry trips.

Sounds like a hoot, Andy! I should be around that week though we'll be heading out Friday afternoon for a motorcycle rally in Michigan for Labour Day weekend. Drop me a line closer to and we'll try to figure something out.