Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Any Canadians with/had a hip labral tear here? [teewee3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My routine to adapt/cope with my hip condition before I had surgery: I stretched everyday (about 30 minutes); aerobic exercise 4 to 7 times/week - especially the bike with pedal straps to help with hip flexion strength; core strength exercises; Chiropractic ART (Active Release Therapy) on the Hip (Piriformis, IT, TFL, Hip Flexors) and low back . I also got some relief from Durolane injections (my work health plan covered them - each injection costs $400). For me Durolane provided about 10 weeks of 50% relief, but I've heard some people get longer relief, my hip was sore for a week after each injection. The injections are done in the hospital by radiologist under fluoroscopy.

Best of luck!
Quote Reply
Re: Any Canadians with/had a hip labral tear here? [teewee3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone heard of or had dealings with Dr. Aaron Nauth in Toronto? Just found the Athletic Edge Sports Medicine (AESM) Clinic online and they advertise that their orthopaedic surgeons do hip arthroscopy and labral repairs. Getting desperate for a consult after my leg locked 2 weeks ago and I fell. The pain has changed and I worry that I might have hurt myself further.
Quote Reply
Re: Any Canadians with/had a hip labral tear here? [runjohnrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey John,

Thank you for the comments. I'm on deck with Dr. Ayeni too. I met with him in April and go back in October for a follow-up. I have a hip labrum tear, apparently not small, and in two places. At this point, I know it's surgical but that's about it. Thanks for yours and the other's comments as my list of questions is growing quickly!

Things are little more complicated unfortunately as I have severe OA in my knees and am currently rehabbing a lateral patella release and am waiting on confirmation about the other knee. Talk about a write-off of a season, more like the last two years. But I'm hopeful that after surgeries I can get back on the wagon and do the work necessary to get me back to the triathlon world (even if it means walking the run).

Question for everyone who has gone through this already, knowing now...what questions would you ask your surgeon pre-op?

Thanks!
Mandy
Quote Reply

Prev Next