Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CAnderson_SBC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone out there know if the specialized fuel cell will fit on my 2013 (I think) specialized shiv elite (the aluminum version)? Everywhere I've seen says it fits all CARBON shiv models. Maybe someone out there gave it a shot? ( or am I the only one with an aluminum shiv!?)
-thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [777] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Got a good deal on this new 2013 s-works frame built with ultegra di2 and zip 606
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
777 wrote:
Anyone out there know if the specialized fuel cell will fit on my 2013 (I think) specialized shiv elite (the aluminum version)? Everywhere I've seen says it fits all CARBON shiv models. Maybe someone out there gave it a shot? ( or am I the only one with an aluminum shiv!?)
-thanks!

They make an aluminum shiv?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [PeteDin206] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I no longer see it on their website, but it was there last year.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [PeteDin206] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not anymore! But yeah, they did. No fuelselage, less aero design. I love mine, but I'm looking at upgrading soon!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [imaji] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
imaji wrote:

Got a good deal on this new 2013 s-works frame built with ultegra di2 and zip 606

That's a great picture/bike! Is it hard to find places to ride in bespin? That's gorgeous!
Quote Reply
Re: Shiv Seatpost Screw frame insert issues [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
10 days out from first Ironman and just joined the seat post fail. Frame headed to Specialized. Hope they replace instead of an epoxy fix and they can turn it around quickly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone happen to know if there were any significant reach changes resulting from the aerobar recall? Since I've had the new bars installed, the aerobar pads sit about 5-6 inches away from my elbow, down my forearm. I've slammed my seat as far forward as it will go in attempts to bring the pads back under my elbows, but they are still too far out to reach comfortably.

I'm just under 6'2", so the XL frame I've been riding should fit. My biggest fear is that I'm not on a frame that's too large for me, as my position has gotten more aggressive and these aerobar pads seem to sit further out.

Any ideas/suggestions? Maybe the 37.5mm seatpost to push my seat forward, or a new set of bars?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [aerospallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aerospallo wrote:
Does anyone happen to know if there were any significant reach changes resulting from the aerobar recall? Since I've had the new bars installed, the aerobar pads sit about 5-6 inches away from my elbow, down my forearm. I've slammed my seat as far forward as it will go in attempts to bring the pads back under my elbows, but they are still too far out to reach comfortably.

I'm just under 6'2", so the XL frame I've been riding should fit. My biggest fear is that I'm not on a frame that's too large for me, as my position has gotten more aggressive and these aerobar pads seem to sit further out.

Any ideas/suggestions? Maybe the 37.5mm seatpost to push my seat forward, or a new set of bars?

I couldn't do the recall option based on my old set up and had to go with profile design T2's so yes, there are differences.

fasth2o wrote:
10 days out from first Ironman and just joined the seat post fail. Frame headed to Specialized. Hope they replace instead of an epoxy fix and they can turn it around quickly.

What is the production date on your Shiv? I've been riding for a year and so far no issues (knock on cranium). I think the best solution other than getting a new upgraded frame was using another seat post inside the tube that sits under and flush with the existing post.....that way regardless of whether or not the clamp holds, the seat post cannot slip down.

"I would definitely smell her seat after a century ride"
Rappstar wrote:
That might be the post of the year right there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aerospallo wrote:

With the low-stack kit, you lose the fore-aft adjustment the bars had. My pads were significantly behind the basebar, and they had to replace the specialized bar with a Profile Ozero basebar and Zipp Vuka Alumina clipons (Profile T1+ would also work) to get the position right.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Shiv Seatpost Screw frame insert issues [fasth2o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stomp and whine and cry til you get a new frame. 10 days? If they try the epoxy fix, I think it's a 72-hr (maybe 48) cure time, so with shipping both ways, that doesn't leave you any slack. If it was me (which it was a year ago), I'd be on the phone with Specialized to make sure they know the urgency unless you're 100% certain your LBS is actively fighting on your behalf. I can't remember the number, and I'm not at home, but search Mark Cote's posts and you'll find the Specialized customer care number.

When mine was possibly going to be late for IMFL last year, my LBS was prepared to set me up with one of their rental Shivs. I wasn't happy about it, but it would've been better than nothing. That's just another avenue if you need something to ease your mind.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think your frame is to big as the Shiv tends to be a size smaller to fit right. I have a M and L Size and both fit but the M Size fits better especially because i still use the normal Aerobars. I don't care about them failing as i'm not in the US and anyway have no leverage on Specialized over here as you have.
On my L Size i have the low clamp kit and did a bike fitting so we got the bars cut to the right size and both bikes are now basically the same. Just a bit to lengthy but the bike came already with the kit and i could not keep the "old" bars.
If i would be you, i would opt in for a Profile Aeria which is very adjustable or go with a L Frame instead of XL or just keep the old bars...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:
I crashed a 2012 Shiv Pro. SRAM Red, glossy black frame with white red and orange stripes. Like this one:

http://oi45.tinypic.com/25isv2e.jpg

Only damage is brake lever which I'll replace, and what looks like a superficial (or not?) quarter-sized scrape on the fork, all the way to the resin but no visible fibres sticking out. It has a couple of deeper gouges/pits. I'd rather replace the fork just to be safe.

My LBS says they can't get that fork from Specialized. Is that right? I'd be fine with a plain gloss black fork (Really not interested in painting CF on my own) but they could not find that either. Only forks they could find were blue white and I think matte black. So how do I replace this?

Here's a picture:

http://pages.ebay.com/...amp;globalID=EBAY-DE
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [ogni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has Shiv owners out there that have cut the base bars to take out the upturn? (yes, I know it will void the warranty)

If so, how did it turn out?

Pics?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [tigerblood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigerblood wrote:
Has Shiv owners out there that have cut the base bars to take out the upturn? (yes, I know it will void the warranty)

If so, how did it turn out?

Pics?

asked this before and nobody had. Let me know if you do. Was told the brakes won't fit.

On another note...still looking for a carbon base bar....if anyone has one!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can someone let me know if this should be open and bare like this. We just got my wife's stem lowered all the way and cables shortened and the new bars from the recall and this is the top cap where the cables go in. Should there be more covering so water doesn't get in or is this normal?

Thanks...

https://www.flickr.com/...n/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/...n/dateposted-public/

Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [gigabyte772] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is the lowest cap for the Shiv. The tubes are full length- through the frame and will drain at the bottom bracket or chainstay if they got any significant water in them.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [willembad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have the part number for the plastic cover that fits over the fuselage? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [hwangnyc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Flat kit in Shiv Fuelselage. Any genius done it?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [quickguru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no way you're fitting a tube in there
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes I have done it, its tricky. You have to use a tube with a standard valve length. Longer ones do not work well. I also cheat by putting my co2 in the top food area. Good luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
quickguru wrote:

i'm using a light tube instead a normal one as it is for replacement in case of a flat i don't care that it might be less save.
Everything fits, spare tube, 1 lever, air and small wrench for the valve extensions.
I put a mark on the max. high and fit everything up to this mark so i did not need to try and error
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [ogni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ogni wrote:
quickguru wrote:

i'm using a light tube instead a normal one as it is for replacement in case of a flat i don't care that it might be less save.
Everything fits, spare tube, 1 lever, air and small wrench for the valve extensions.
I put a mark on the max. high and fit everything up to this mark so i did not need to try and error

I believe you are talking about the Fuel Celll...and he's asking about Fuelselage...basically replacing the hydration bladder with a flat kit.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you know if I can cut the aero bara for them to fit my arm's lenght? The distance between the arm pads and the end of the aerobars is way too long for ANY human. Is it suposed to be cut for the rider's fit??
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Stefano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With the new low stack kit (shown below) there is less adjustment than the pre-recall version.
The extensions can slide forward/back a little within the clamps, but the only way to change the length significantly is by cutting the extensions.
The difficulty in doing this is that the shift cables run through the extensions, so you have to pull the cables out of the frame to do the cutting (then put them back and adjust the derailleurs). Also, since you are cutting the extensions you can't go for longer reach later w/o buying new ones. That's why they start out super-long....you can only go shorter.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply

Prev Next