Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Xterra Vector Pro or ROKA Maverick Comp
Quote | Reply
Considering both would be new, and I'm a MOP swimmer (1:50/100 over 1.2). Which would you go with? My current Aqua Sphere causes a lot of shoulder pain and the new one will be used for IM Louisville.
Quote Reply
Re: Xterra Vector Pro or ROKA Maverick Comp [steelrain66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Roka

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ROKA

Can't directly compare the two, but I just bought a Roka Maverick Pro (Sleeveless) and this thing is AMAZING!!!

@CycleHeavy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
XTerra and Roka both have really good customer service. Order both, try on both of them (carefully), swim in them if you can (check the return policy), and keep the one you like best. Of the four wetsuits I've used in the last several years my two favorites have been my Xterra Vector Pro and Roka Maverick Pro. Of course, I used an older generation Xterra Vector, so I don't how the current generation would compare. However, the Vector was durable and I had a lot of great swims in it. My only complaint was that it was hard to get off. The Roka is extremely flexible and feels a lot more natural to swim in, but doesn't balloon either. It has needed a break-in period to really feel right. My only complaint about the Roka is that the rubber is really soft and the forearm paneling in particular is really thin, so you have to be careful with it. Like other entry/mid-level wetsuits, you can probably baby the Roka Comp a little less.

I'll add that my wife has been very happy with her Tyr Hurricane and, with the new generation Hurricane, Tyr is blowing out the old ones.

Regardless, it's really important that you try on whatever you can. When I was thinking about a new wetsuit a few years ago, I tried on wetsuits at expos and whenever we happened to pass by a store that sold wetsuits.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My name is Jennifer, I work for ROKA. Please shoot us an email at: support@rokasports.com if you have any questions about our suits or sizing. Also note if you purchase a suit from us, you have a 30 day guarantee that allows you to swim in the suit. We want you to have the right suit and the right fit.
Quote Reply
Re: Xterra Vector Pro or ROKA Maverick Comp [kenpetruzzelli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My reason for the Pro vs. base model is price. I get a far larger discount with Xterra over ROKA. So after discounts they're within about $30 of one another. I've been getting some coaching over the past few weeks and my 100 times are coming down, according to video keeping my legs up is not an issue so I'm more looking for a suit with lots of shoulder flexibility. Thanks for taking the time to respond.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ROKA all day long every time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
steelrain66 wrote:
I get a far larger discount with Xterra over ROKA.

I'm pretty sure Xterra suits are always "On Sale" to make you think you're getting a deal. Great marketing strategy by them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Vector Pro. It fits well and is marginally faster than my previous Orca.

But man the neoprene is fragile. I have tiny rips all over. I am continuously fixing this thing with special glue

I have never seen anything so delicate. I wouldn't buy another
Quote Reply
Re: Xterra Vector Pro or ROKA Maverick Comp [Naps a lot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would never buy a product that is always on sale. That tells me the product is cheap and overpriced.

Yes, I have an Xterra Vortex 3 I bought in college. It's falling apart and will be replaced with a Roka Maverick Pro next year

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Xterra Vector Pro or ROKA Maverick Comp [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
I would never buy a product that is always on sale. That tells me the product is cheap and overpriced.

Yes, I have an Xterra Vortex 3 I bought in college. It's falling apart and will be replaced with a Roka Maverick Pro next year

Their argument is that their non-sale price is a fair comparison to other brands of suits of similar quality at the same price. Since they are manufacturer-direct, they are showing the savings that can be had from cutting out distributors and retailers.
Quote Reply
Re: Xterra Vector Pro or ROKA Maverick Comp [Naps a lot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are, however my discount is quite a bit larger than their usual sale prices.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had the Xterra Vector Pro for the past two years and have loved it. I just upgraded to the Xterra Vengeance and can't say enough good things about it. Took 3 minutes off of my 70.3 swim PR a few weeks ago. Super flexible, easy to get on and off. Awesome suit!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Roka. Rotation channel, comfortable, durable, well made, excellent customer service.
Quote Reply
Re: Xterra Vector Pro or ROKA Maverick Comp [echebi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echebi wrote:
I've had the Xterra Vector Pro for the past two years and have loved it. I just upgraded to the Xterra Vengeance and can't say enough good things about it. Took 3 minutes off of my 70.3 swim PR a few weeks ago. Super flexible, easy to get on and off. Awesome suit!!

+1 to this. Ordered a Vector Pro, but a Vengeance arrived at my door. Legs end much higher up so the opening is larger, arms are thinner material and slide off easier. Swam a 29:42 at St. George in my Vector Pro and then popped off a 55:57 in the Vengeance at CDA. I know that you can't really compare swim times directly, but this was significant in my mind.
Quote Reply