Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Looking for some saddle advice for my first tri bike
Quote | Reply
Hello ladies, this is my first post here. Long time lurker here and on the main forum. My wonderful hubby surprised me with a Shiv for our anniversary. I love the bike and have been working with a reputable fitter. My main issue is finding the right saddle. I tried a Cobb saddle (max flow?- can't remember for sure) and felt bruised where my labia got squished against bone. Next I had my fitter put my road bike saddle on. That's a Selle San Marco. This was more comfortable but still left me feeling bruised. This time it was way up in the front. Like mons pubis. Most of the noseless saddles seem too wide. I tried an adamo on my road bike with clip on aero bars and hated it. Maybe I should try it again as I think I am rolling my hips forward more on the Shiv.

Sorry this got long. What saddles do the ladies here like? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for some saddle advice for my first tri bike [desertchica] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good luck!
Find a shop that does demo saddles and try about a billion of them. I doubt very many of us here use the same saddle.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for some saddle advice for my first tri bike [desertchica] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried a bizillion saddles because of the same issue, and ended up with the Specialized Sitero. You can scoot around on it to find the best width. Specialized has a great return policy--OK to use but if want refund must return within 30 days of date of purchase (not receipt).

With USPS flat rates, it might be worth it to give it a try.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for some saddle advice for my first tri bike [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the responses. Sounds like I just need to keep trying. My poor lady parts are still sore 2 days later!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Keep trying. I went through somewhere around 7-9 saddles to find the right one. Many too, which were marketed or "created" for women, but they didn't work for me. It's far too unique of a thing for each person to say "oh, just use this one, it's great".
Saddles my friends use I find horrid. And vice-versa.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri3 wrote:
I tried a bizillion saddles because of the same issue, and ended up with the Specialized Sitero. You can scoot around on it to find the best width. Specialized has a great return policy--OK to use but if want refund must return within 30 days of date of purchase (not receipt).

With USPS flat rates, it might be worth it to give it a try.

huh - I couldn't find the return policy on saddles on their website - Off to go look again :)
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for some saddle advice for my first tri bike [MtnBikerChk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not easy to find. Have to dig down into some Q&A:
"Robert Lofgran Mar 13, 2012 07:18AM PDT SPECIALIZED Agent
Anything purchased from the Specialized USA Online Store comes with a 30 day satisfaction guarantee. Items can be returned for any reason withing 30 days from the date of purchase. Items purchased from your local dealer are subject the return policies of the independently owned dealer the product was purchased from.

Thanks for using our products and have a great day."

http://www.specialized.com/us/en/support/faq

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri3 wrote:
It's not easy to find. Have to dig down into some Q&A:
"Robert Lofgran Mar 13, 2012 07:18AM PDT SPECIALIZED Agent
Anything purchased from the Specialized USA Online Store comes with a 30 day satisfaction guarantee. Items can be returned for any reason withing 30 days from the date of purchase. Items purchased from your local dealer are subject the return policies of the independently owned dealer the product was purchased from.

Thanks for using our products and have a great day."

http://www.specialized.com/us/en/support/faq

thanks! I did find it - and I did order it (although I don't really have high hopes - free shipping one way makes it easier to try)
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for some saddle advice for my first tri bike [MtnBikerChk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
good luck!
In Reply To:

Quote Reply