Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official power2max support thread [power2max] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump:

I stripped the crank bolt on my gossamer classic meter -- is this the correct replacement?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/...HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [cloy26] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd like to know the answer to this too, mine is almost stripped
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [texas_bikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nicolas,

I have sent a few emails to the support link on your website and have not yet received a response. It was the weekend so I figured that may be the reason. I need to speak with someone on the phone about a failure that I had with my Power meter. If you could contact me via the number I included in my support email I would appreciate it. Thanks very much!

Matt-
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Nicholas
Probably not your area but I'd like to express my disappointment at the lack of communication from Power2max Germany.
I sent a Power2max classic with 8 others from Australia to have the temp sensor upgrade.
Sam the local distributor in Australia thought it would take around 2 weeks to turn around.
9 weeks later I am trying to train for my 4th ironman and still not a word about when the unit will be returned.
To Sam's credit he's been trying to get a firm date out of Germany but they have given him nothing. I've also emailed them and had no response. Hence I have decided to post it publicly as this is very frustrating and shows extremely poor customer service.
I hope you can spur something on
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [toolbox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He is no longer with P2M
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [salesguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh. Bummer
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [salesguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think this company makes a top-notch power meter. But this thread is the only place that I have ever been able to get any tech support. They need to step up their game in the support department.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [beercity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
X2

I don't know how big they are compared to powertap, stages, etc., but the support on the forum is a huge reason why I bought my first p2m meter and an even bigger reason I bought my second...

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But where is Nicholas? Haven't seen him here for weeks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [R1Phrankey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was afraid he might no longer be associated with them based on his inactivity. He was a great resource and his responsiveness was off the chart. I love my Power2max but I hope I don't ever need their customer support, especially now.

Roger
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [oldgoldtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oldgoldtri wrote:
I was afraid he might no longer be associated with them based on his inactivity. He was a great resource and his responsiveness was off the chart. I love my Power2max but I hope I don't ever need their customer support, especially now.

Roger

This, I always got questions answered in a timely fashion. If not for that, I wouldn't have bought it.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a p2m type-s power meter mated with Rotor 3D+ cranks. Tonight while overhauling my bottom bracket I noticed the lock ring that uses the special to install is cracked! Since I ordered both the power meter and the cranks from power2max they installed the power meter to the spider for me. I wonder what happened to it? Anyone have any ideas why the lock ring would have cracked? I thought it seemed a little strange. I was overhauling my bottom bracket because of ticking/creaking from that area. I bet the cracked lock nut was the culprit. I thought it was c clips needing replaced (which they were definitely ready for replacement).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am interested in purchasing the Power2Max Type S Rotor 3C power meter, but was wondering what crank size I should get. I have a Cervelo p2, the current crank size is 170mm and I am 5'8". Should I stay with 170 mm?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [rharbarg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dpes anyone know if switch from Shimano 6800 crankset to a Rotor 3D24 with Praxis would require front mech adjustment?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [_juju_] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
_juju_ wrote:
Dpes anyone know if switch from Shimano 6800 crankset to a Rotor 3D24 with Praxis would require front mech adjustment?

There are a couple of factors to consider but the short answer is, typically it's a good idea. Are you using the same chain ring ratios? If so it'll require a little less but I'd probably recommend doing a minor touch up any time you switch the cranks out, even if it were an identical model. If you are using different chain ring sizes you'll also need to adjust the height.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [rharbarg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rharbarg wrote:
I am interested in purchasing the Power2Max Type S Rotor 3C power meter, but was wondering what crank size I should get. I have a Cervelo p2, the current crank size is 170mm and I am 5'8". Should I stay with 170 mm?

That's a tough one to answer. There are so many opinions regarding crank length, many expressed in different forums on this site. Personally I think, given your height, 170mm cranks would be fine. Some things to consider, what distances do you ride, what gears do you prefer to push, what's your typical cadence...All contribute information that will eventually lead you to your preferred crank length.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Power2maxNA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power2maxNA wrote:
rharbarg wrote:

That's a tough one to answer. There are so many opinions regarding crank length, many expressed in different forums on this site. Personally I think, given your height, 170mm cranks would be fine. Some things to consider, what distances do you ride, what gears do you prefer to push, what's your typical cadence...All contribute information that will eventually lead you to your preferred crank length.

Bless you for being so patient and answering questions which are clearly not appropriate for a product support thread.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [kevmk81] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kevmk81 wrote:
I have a p2m type-s power meter mated with Rotor 3D+ cranks. Tonight while overhauling my bottom bracket I noticed the lock ring that uses the special to install is cracked! Since I ordered both the power meter and the cranks from power2max they installed the power meter to the spider for me. I wonder what happened to it? Anyone have any ideas why the lock ring would have cracked? I thought it seemed a little strange. I was overhauling my bottom bracket because of ticking/creaking from that area. I bet the cracked lock nut was the culprit. I thought it was c clips needing replaced (which they were definitely ready for replacement).

Send us an email at support@power2max.com...It's hard to say why that would have cracked, we use a torque wrench when we assemble so it's possible it was a faulty lock ring. I'd be happy to drop one in the mail for you.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Everyone, thanks for your patience. There's clearly a lot of catching up to do on the forum and I'll do my best to get to everyone's questions. In the mean time, if you have a pressing matter please email us at support[at]power2max.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cloy26 wrote:
Bump:

I stripped the crank bolt on my gossamer classic meter -- is this the correct replacement?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/...HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

Just to clarify, you stripped your preload nut? If so then yes, that's right...although I suspect you may have figured that out by now ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [toolbox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
toolbox wrote:
Hi Nicholas
Probably not your area but I'd like to express my disappointment at the lack of communication from Power2max Germany.
I sent a Power2max classic with 8 others from Australia to have the temp sensor upgrade.
Sam the local distributor in Australia thought it would take around 2 weeks to turn around.
9 weeks later I am trying to train for my 4th ironman and still not a word about when the unit will be returned.
To Sam's credit he's been trying to get a firm date out of Germany but they have given him nothing. I've also emailed them and had no response. Hence I have decided to post it publicly as this is very frustrating and shows extremely poor customer service.
I hope you can spur something on

I'm sorry to hear you've been having a bad experience. I'm not sure there's a lot I can do from my end but I'll certainly pass it on. Have you heard anything yet? Eurobike is next week, so it's a good time to pass the message on.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [avion2001] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
avion2001 wrote:
Nicolas,

I have sent a few emails to the support link on your website and have not yet received a response. It was the weekend so I figured that may be the reason. I need to speak with someone on the phone about a failure that I had with my Power meter. If you could contact me via the number I included in my support email I would appreciate it. Thanks very much!

Matt-

Hey Matt, Give the support email another shot. I'll be watching for you in case you haven't heard back already.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cloy26 wrote:
Nicolas,

Just ordered my second power meter from you guys for my caad10. Super excited.

But, when I was swapping cranks with another bike on the older on, my crank bolt stripped out -- the bolt that's in the center of the crank set. Do you sell replacements for the gossamer classic??

Not sure if you got this sorted or not, but if we're talking preload nut, yes.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [R1Phrankey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
R1Phrankey wrote:
I have a Type S and last ride I had a kind of hick-up of the power meter. I noticed on my Garmin 510 that the power reading was 0.
Later I saw that the maximum power output was 2458 Watt.
Well, I definitely can't make these power numbers.
The battery in the P2M is good (according to my Garmin readout).
Just a hick-up of the power meter and nothing to worry about?

Sometimes it helps if you send in the power file simply so we can have a better idea of what's going on. Occasionally there's outside interference that causes the drop or the spike since ANT+ shares the same frequency as a number of other devices. Without seeing any of the raw data, that's what I would guess happened on your ride. Is it happening consistently or just ocassionally?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Power2maxNA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reply. It seems to have disappeared after getting to Germany. Luckily Sam the local distributor in Australia has kindly offered to send a replacement unit for me this week. Thanks for following it up.
cheers Rob
Quote Reply

Prev Next