Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Question 4 Gary Tingley Large Rotor Cranks Chain Ring
Quote | Reply
Has anyone run a 60T outer Rotor Cranks Chain ring with a 44T inner, and has front derailleur shifting been reliable? Apparently 44T is the largest inner chain ring available for Rotor Cranks.

P.S., if anyone wants to bid on a lightly used set of 53/39 Rotor Cranks rings, I have it listed on eBay ending 4th of Oct Tuesday night.
Last edited by: AeroEgg: Oct 4, 05 18:15
Quote Reply
Re: Large Rotor Cranks Chain Ring and Inner Ring [AeroEgg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you should PM Gary Tingley he will know....

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi AE,

If your front derailleur will allow the 60T ring, you shouldn't have too many issues with shifting, provided you do not force a hard shift. One of my team riders, a RAAM legend and TT racer, uses a 63/44 and has used this set up for over a year.

- Gary
Quote Reply
Re: Large Rotor Cranks Chain Ring and Inner Ring [Gary Tingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Gary!

I never hard shift on the front, so a 44 sounds promising.

Good point on the front derailleur. Do you know the diameter of the 60T? With the 55T on it now, I have maybe 1/2" to give on the front derailleur.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gary,

I took measurements with my digital calipers and based on my calculations I think a 60T ring won't fit on my bike (medium TitanFlex 650c).

I think a 58T will fit, though I may have to grind off a little bit of the derailleur (Ultegra 10) to make it work.

Still, before I order a ring set could you get the diameters of a 60T and 58T to make sure my calculations aren't way off?

Thanks in advance!

AE
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi AE

These measurements are not exact because the teeth are not exactly
opposite, but for your purpose these measurements should work:

54T is 223mm.
56T is 232mm.
58T is 239mm.
60T is 248mm.
63T is 259mm.

- Gary
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks a bunch Gary!

My calculations were accurate, it's a good thing you mentioned the front derailleur clearance. I think it's going to be a tight fit for the 58T, but I should get it to work one way or another. I ordered a 58/44 set from Swim and Tri.

-- AE
Quote Reply
Re: Large Rotor Cranks Chain Ring and Inner Ring [gtingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I want to run a 61t or so chainring and saw your post about someone using a 63/44. Is there a derailleur out there that works with a large chainring? I tried a 58t on my bike and it just barely clears, in fact I had to bend it a little. What derailleur was that guy using (63/44)?
Thanks

(y foiler)

Quote Reply