Quote | Reply
totally diggin' the silver bullet, man.

@christopher_borden •
Spinning Spoke • Dimond Bikes • Flo Cycling • Castelli Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [Brytcyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
amazing!

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sweet as!

/Howie Nordström
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [patflynnca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love the paint choice!
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [IronSnowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What are folks riding for saddle heights on the medium size Dimond?
I'm coming from a medium SC9 with a saddle height of 74cm, 100/45 stem, and about 1cm of spacers under the aero bars. Distance from nose of sitero saddle to middle of arm pads is 49-50cm.
I feel like I am between sizes (small or medium), don't really want a stack of spacers under the stem nor a ton of seat post showing above the beam on a small bike...
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Something seems to be missing here??

Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [IronSnowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Holy crap, how did you get that giant bike into your house!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Venus bars... YES!!!

what's that spacer thingy underneath? Is is a backwards 3T spacer? SO close to perfection.

Brytcyd wrote:
I just got mine two hours ago. Can't stop smiling.

All she needs is some tape and she's ready for QC Tri!

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're actually seeing two things there. First, there's two or three spacers under the stem as we work to get the bike dialed. One of the considerations for removing those will be the routing of the Di2 wiring - certainly don't want a case where the front wheel is turned such that it can yank out a cable. The second is the Di2 junction box. It's nice to have it there to be accessible, but I have been thinking a bit about where else I might be able to hide the box.

-- Jake
Last edited by: Brytcyd: Jun 18, 15 7:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As a former Ventus user, you might consider slamming the stem and using the 30mm spacers. Also, for fit dialing, the 3T wide arm pad kit is excellent for adjusting both width AND reach

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be seething with envy... Hope you swim fast or I might just accidentally mistake it for my shiv.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, but I'm trying to work with the stack/reach and the wiring, as well avoiding interference where the tail of the stem crosses the top tube - quite a bit going on there. My current plan is to drop 10mm or so and add 10mm risers and call it good for the summer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You might consider Kamm tailing the back of the stem that's what I did

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like this? I was pretty nervous making the first stroke with that hacksaw.

ETA: yes, I cut the stem after...

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Last edited by: kjmcawesome: Jun 18, 15 13:33
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [kjmcawesome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, dudes. That looks pretty hardcore. I'm not against it necessarily, but I think I've got a few steps down before I consider that move.
Last edited by: Brytcyd: Jun 18, 15 16:56
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [lmar77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With no dealer network, how do you test ride a Dimond? Do they have a traveling show? Didn't see anything on the website.

Surprised that the first ride on a Dimond for so many seems to be after they've bought one. Especially for a bike that's such a departure from the norm.

But, if anyone with a medium decides they don't like it...
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [deh20] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can request that the Dimond Van make a stop in your locality. Friend them on Facebook.

Also, test rides are the most overrated aspect of bike purchasing, especially for triathlon bikes. With the Dimond, I suppose there are some legit concerns that the ride will be appreciably different than a traditional frame. At this point, there are enough people with the bikes who are verifying that the ride is quite nice, and really no different than any other high end bike. Maybe even a touch more comfortable.

If you want one, make sure you get the right size. Fit first with this purchase. Call them up on the phone after your fit and they will get you on the right size.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They do have a travelling show. Check out the 'Dimond Van' on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/...p?id=100009189327840

Quote | Reply
waitebe wrote:
They do have a travelling show. Check out the 'Dimond Van' on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/...p?id=100009189327840

Perfect. Thanks. I'll be on the lookout for an event close by.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I took a test ride, it felt good, but I didnt know why.

Having put many miles into mine already, I can tell you why now. The beam. It absorbs some of the chatter on the road from bad roads. Will that make me more aero? Maybe, because the more I ride it, the more I can stay in aero for longer periods because I am not having to adjust my position based on being banged around from the roads. I am still getting used to the handling, but others have said that it is far better handling technical descents than their 'other' bikes. I havent gotten that yet, but I have been working on getting used to a slightly newer position, and am still a bit timid with how the bike reacts. Pushing it more every time I ride.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I test rode one when they came by Houston a couple months ago. I took it out on a short loop with some rough pavement and found that while I could feel the road chatter in my shoulders, very little was transferred through the seat. That's the best way I can describe it. I didn't think it was anything magical but I only had the bike for 30 minutes. I might be a convert after a 5 hour ride but I'm not willing to ditch my perfectly good bike to find out.

Support cancer research with the world's longest annual charity bike ride.
Texas 4000 for Cancer
Austin, TX to Anchorage, Alaska
http://texas4000.org/
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [santino314] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For $6k (frame alone), I need a pretty extensive test ride, with some time trialing, etc. Fortunately, I have a powertap, so I'd be able to compare directly to my bike, ideally on the same course. Still not terribly scientific, but if the gain isn't measurable with some simple testing, it probably isn't worth the investment.

Hopefully, the van will come back to the Southeast.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're not going to find that value you are looking for with a stopwatch. You buy this bike for some combination of:

-looks unique
-looks fast
-you like TJ
-you want to stand out

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Dimond really interests me but I can't get past the fork. You have this muscular looking machine with little spindly forks. I know it probably doesn't amount to a hill of beans from a performance and quality standpoint but it's an aesthetic thing that I can't get past or ignore. You know... my 2014 Trek Speed Concept 9-series is getting a little long in the tooth.

There have been some rumors of a v2 fork design. Is that on the horizon?

Sort of replying to Rapp in particular but anyone feel free to chime in.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply

Prev Next