Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IRONCowboy 50 Ironmans in 50 Consecutive Days Starting June 6, 2015 - Prediction Thread [MattRussellTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MattRussellTri wrote:
50 Ironmans in 50 days = over 7 weeks. Avg Ironman of maybe 13-16?
That's 91 to 112 hours per week for over 7 weeks!!!

How many 100hr weeks do you think you could do before you pop?

I wonder- If he rested and tapered after all of this was over and then actually raced an IM, how would he do? I'd guess sub-10 easily.

Not that he would. I'd imagine this experience will ruin racing IMs for him in the future.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: IRONCowboy 50 Ironmans in 50 Consecutive Days Starting June 6, 2015 - Prediction Thread [MattRussellTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MattRussellTri wrote:
50 Ironmans in 50 days = over 7 weeks. Avg Ironman of maybe 13-16?
That's 91 to 112 hours per week for over 7 weeks!!!

How many 100hr weeks do you think you could do before you pop?

If it was all low zone 1 I think I could keep it up for quite a while but I have no interest in finding out.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: IRONCowboy 50 Ironmans in 50 Consecutive Days Starting June 6, 2015 - Prediction Thread [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We are at 28 miles on the bike on day 5. We've got a group of 4 riding with James. Swim temp was 59 and he was very cold coming out of water. Weather has been good but wind is starting to come up.

More later as we progress through the day
Quote Reply
Re: IRONCowboy 50 Ironmans in 50 Consecutive Days Starting June 6, 2015 - Prediction Thread [pennib] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pennib wrote:
We are at 28 miles on the bike on day 5. We've got a group of 4 riding with James. Swim temp was 59 and he was very cold coming out of water. Weather has been good but wind is starting to come up.

More later as we progress through the day

Did he start as planned? Both time and location?

Based on the tracker info, he seemed to have started the bike about 15+ miles away from the Santa Cruz boardwalk, and much later than 8:30am-9am (PST)

I assume that the tracker was not working properly
Quote Reply
Re: IRONCowboy 50 Ironmans in 50 Consecutive Days Starting June 6, 2015 - Prediction Thread [SayHey Kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. He started right at Cowell beach and the wharf by the boardwalk. We couldn't get his Garmin to pair with Bluetooth so he just took off. It may have started working later.

We are currently waiting at the top of what is likely the biggest climb of the day between Pescadero and Half Moon Bay. We have convinced him to do a course change and turn around at HMB and not climb hwy92. It's too steep and not very safe. He will make up the distance with a couple of loops back in Santa Cruz.
Quote Reply
Re: IRONCowboy 50 Ironmans in 50 Consecutive Days Starting June 6, 2015 - Prediction Thread [SayHey Kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am not sure about the time but I am positive he started riding from Cowells Beach.
Quote Reply
Re: IRONCowboy 50 Ironmans in 50 Consecutive Days Starting June 6, 2015 - Prediction Thread [Trirunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Big hills and headwinds. Headed back to SC at mile 40. Now doibg an out and back on hwy 1 to davenport and back to make up additional miles. Brutal wind and the temperature has dropped.

Luckily there were some fresh riders who picked up to do some pulling in Santa Cruz. Hope to be on the run by 4
Quote Reply
Re: IRONCowboy 50 Ironmans in 50 Consecutive Days Starting June 6, 2015 - Prediction Thread [pennib] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
boy, if you guys can update this thread in real time that is great! good luck to him today. good to get him off 92 and yay for the cyclists out there with him!

okay i don't know why but i hate the website. i cannot find a calendar that is a real calendar - showing where and when. and NONE of the pictures? are loading.

anyway, teh FB page is MUCH better (IMO) than the website. pictures,info - all there. https://www.facebook.com/Ironcowboy

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Last edited by: kathy_caribe: Jun 10, 15 14:59
Quote Reply
Re: IRONCowboy 50 Ironmans in 50 Consecutive Days Starting June 6, 2015 - Prediction Thread [kathy_caribe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will have to sign off when they get on the run. I have to go coach s swim workout.

They turned around and are headed back to town right now. There's also spitting rain! Go figure. I think from the hurricane down in Mexico. Way more humid here than normal as well
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pennib wrote:
Now doibg an out and back on hwy 1

Did he take the lane?
Quote Reply
Re: IRONCowboy 50 Ironmans in 50 Consecutive Days Starting June 6, 2015 - Prediction Thread [downesy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No. Shoulder us plenty wide.

He's about a mile out from transition.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, talk about crazy weather. It poured at my place on Thursday. Been raining all day starting last night and might go into tomorrow. Then 100 for Friday. Nuts.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pennib wrote:
I will have to sign off when they get on the run. I have to go coach s swim workout.

They turned around and are headed back to town right now. There's also spitting rain! Go figure. I think from the hurricane down in Mexico. Way more humid here than normal as well

Awesome updates. Thanks much!
Quote Reply
Re: IRONCowboy 50 Ironmans in 50 Consecutive Days Starting June 6, 2015 - Prediction Thread [downesy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You win the internet today...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
downesy wrote:
pennib wrote:

Did he take the lane?

FTW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
downesy wrote:
pennib wrote:

Did he take the lane?

control and release, baby. control and release...

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Day 5 is in the bag. A big group ran the last 5k with him. Besides James' incredible feat, watching how his crew and family work as a team was inspiring too. If he comes near your area you would be doing him and yourself a favor to tag along for some of the swim, ride or run.
Quote Reply
Re: IRONCowboy 50 Ironmans in 50 Consecutive Days Starting June 6, 2015 - Prediction Thread [Trirunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trirunner wrote:
Day 5 is in the bag. A big group ran the last 5k with him. Besides James' incredible feat, watching how his crew and family work as a team was inspiring too. If he comes near your area you would be doing him and yourself a favor to tag along for some of the swim, ride or run.

If he DNF's tomorrow, I win this prediction thread.

What a crazy mofo... his muscles have to be in rough shape.
Quote Reply
Re: IRONCowboy 50 Ironmans in 50 Consecutive Days Starting June 6, 2015 - Prediction Thread [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is not an once of quitting in this guy. I hope he holds together and his whole crew is spared any major logistical complication.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trirunner wrote:

While certainly having his family along for the journey thus far provides very positive motivation, inspiration and encouragement, I can also see how this could become a unnecessary hindrance and complications especially if they are all travelling in the same RV. How do you keep 5 (I think?) small children occupied for that long in a confined space? Plus with the limited amount of downtime that James has it is filled with fueling, resting, treatments, etc

Also, as this journey keeps picking up steam and it moves eastward towards more tighter and more urban places especially when the race occurs on weekends, what appears to be the growing amount of "tag alongs" could be hazard and squashed by local law enforcement if they are not being controlled, monitored and planned for.

Hopefully James has an advance team that is working ahead in each location to go thru the day plans with the powers to be.

At least the logistics get somewhat better after last night. The next 3 legs after Las Vegas are all between a 4 and 5 hour commute.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I may have missed it but this story doesn't even seem to have hit the front page of this very site.
Wonder if that is meant as a commentary on how likely its success is viewed.
While he isn't going to "win" anything, I'd say this is pretty serious news in the world of tri.
Quote Reply
Re: IRONCowboy 50 Ironmans in 50 Consecutive Days Starting June 6, 2015 - Prediction Thread [MarvinTPA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MarvinTPA wrote:
I may have missed it but this story doesn't even seem to have hit the front page of this very site.
While he isn't going to "win" anything, I'd say this is pretty serious news in the world of tri.

I think we need to see at least 1/3 completion before any media picks up on this thing.

The plan is too audacious and too far fetched for media to waste their time on it. Once he gives a good faith deposit of 16-20 in the bank, I think folks will start to cover the story.

BTW, I don't think he has a chance in hell. Logistics alone are WAY too complicated.

Austin Hardy -

Quote Reply
Re: IRONCowboy 50 Ironmans in 50 Consecutive Days Starting June 6, 2015 - Prediction Thread [MarvinTPA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MarvinTPA wrote:

I didn't mean imply that it is worldwide coverage, just that it seems that the "tag alongs" have gone from just a handful to a dozen or more and has grown with each leg 1 to 5, it is not going to take many on a bike or run leg to cause traffic and/or safety concerns, etc

In a statement I never dreamed I would every make as a adult....in monitoring his "Likes" on his FB page, they have gone up about 1K a day since this has started. So more and more people are becoming interested, or at least curious
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SayHey Kid wrote:
Trirunner wrote:

While certainly having his family along for the journey thus far provides very positive motivation, inspiration and encouragement, I can also see how this could become a unnecessary hindrance and complications especially if they are all travelling in the same RV. How do you keep 5 (I think?) small children occupied for that long in a confined space? Plus with the limited amount of downtime that James has it is filled with fueling, resting, treatments, etc

Also, as this journey keeps picking up steam and it moves eastward towards more tighter and more urban places especially when the race occurs on weekends, what appears to be the growing amount of "tag alongs" could be hazard and squashed by local law enforcement if they are not being controlled, monitored and planned for.

Hopefully James has an advance team that is working ahead in each location to go thru the day plans with the powers to be.

At least the logistics get somewhat better after last night. The next 3 legs after Las Vegas are all between a 4 and 5 hour commute.

From Facebook... looks like they just hit first big logistics snag. Think he had to sleep in back of a Suburu on way to Vegas (as RV could get there "fast enough" going to start late this morning, etc. Hope they can get it sorted...but when you start "burning matches" with logistics, start-times, etc... would imagine it will be tough to make them up. Wishing him luck...
Quote Reply
Re: IRONCowboy 50 Ironmans in 50 Consecutive Days Starting June 6, 2015 - Prediction Thread [Dan Funk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan Funk wrote:

From Facebook... looks like they just hit first big logistics snag. Think he had to sleep in back of a Suburu on way to Vegas (as RV could get there "fast enough" going to start late this morning, etc. Hope they can get it sorted...but when you start "burning matches" with logistics, start-times, etc... would imagine it will be tough to make them up. Wishing him luck...[/quote]
Wow.. Let me show you my shocked face.. A logistical issue when someone was trying to do 50 IM in 50 states in 50 Days.. Shocking!! /pink

For reference, even God took a day off in case something went wrong!

Austin Hardy -

Quote Reply

Prev Next