Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
I just shit my pants mid run
Quote | Reply
Tell me an embarrassing training/racing story so I feel like less of a freak. Oh, and have a great day!
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [afrizzledfry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
about the most embarassing thing I've done is fall over on a Mercedes SL500. Pulled up at the stop light. Unclipped my right foot and fell the other direction. Driver was not amused. My wallet was not amused at the repair job.

I've actually had to pay to fix 2 cars. Took the mirror off a Honda with my elbow after I hit something on the shoulder that tossed me out in the road
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We've all done it. There was a period of time last year when, during every Saturday long run, it would almost happen.

Well, until one Saturday when it actually did happen. I scrambled to a bathroom of a local fitness center and tried cleaning up. Needless to say, it was the most uncomfortable, muggy run back.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've done it.

It's a badge of honor
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Every time it is raining moderately hard and I'm on a run I pee myself just for the satisfaction.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While I have never actually shit my pants during a run, I have had to do the famous squat behind a bush.

Was out on a 17 mile run. At mile 8 I started noticing things were unhappy down there. At 10 I was starting to suffer a bit. I knew there was a porto-potty in the park up ahead at mile 13... can I hang on until there? At mile 12 my guts gave a massive lurch and essentially said NO FUCKING WAY YOU WILL NOT MAKE IT! I pulled off the trail, ducked behind a bush, dropped shorts, squatted, and let loose. As I was hanging out there with my bare ass and giant pile of unformed poo, I considered coming back with only one sock. However, I happened to be wearing my favorite run socks that day and didn't want to give them up. So I made the bad mistake of just pulling up the shorts with the intention of running to the known porto-potty (at this point 0.75mi away) to finish the job.

So I kinda waddle-jogged to the porto-potty and finished what I started... but in the meantime I managed to really chafe myself badly back there. Lets just say everything related to stuff going on back there was sore and chafed for a few days.

Lesson learned: don't do long runs wearing your favorite socks. You never know when you might need to give them up.

This is my only "didn't make it" story. I have had plenty of "almost didn't make it" but those aren't as much fun.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have never done it, even during a massive fart, and if I did do it, I would never admit it, and if I did do it and had to clean it up, I would definitely be very discreet about it and I would almost certainly not mention it when I started running again, and last but not least I would certainly be tempted not to "let 'er rip" again during the remaining run. Of course if you are wearing spandex (don't we all) you can leave a wad of tissue in your pants, just in case (you need to say blow your nose as well).
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [noofus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I call that a normal run, or at least I would if I didn't plan my runs to pass by portaloos, and carry toilet paper with me for every run!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haven't grappled my pants but have made a few stops. It makes it tough that I live in Chicago so no real place to hide. Two weeks ago ate a bunch of corn night before long run. Thought I got it all out. 20 minutes to go started to feel really bad. Tried to stop at dunkin donuts but only for paying customers. Same at gas station, but got paper towels. A few minutes later I HAD to go. Found an area that I was kind of hidden. Dropped shorts and went. Nasty. Very nasty. Finished the job home, showered and ate breakfast and tried to hide embarassment.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
About 10 years ago I was training for a marathon and I had to go, really really bad, it was about 6am and I saw a bush that I thought was down a little hill and out of site from the road, I was squatted down doing my business when a group of 4-5 women came running by, clearly seeing what was going on. All I could do was laugh and wave.

Sh!t happens, to all of us.
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [wcroadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wcroadie wrote:
About 10 years ago I was training for a marathon and I had to go, really really bad, it was about 6am and I saw a bush that I thought was down a little hill and out of site from the road, I was squatted down doing my business when a group of 4-5 women came running by, clearly seeing what was going on. All I could do was laugh and wave.

Sh!t happens, to all of us.

I figure you aren't "really" a runner yet until you can tell a story something like this one :)
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [wcroadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't been able to bring myself to wear a headband in races since I used one as makeshift paper behind a bush in a 20-miler many years ago! And, no, I didn't put it back on my head before anyone asks!

-----
http://www.howesgreg.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
George Brett would be proud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU9xz2FpQc0
Last edited by: crujones#33: Jun 11, 15 6:09
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [crujones#33] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, been there done that...although I was only 2 years old at the time. But if you gotta go, you gotta go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The obvious take away here is to never....ever....ever....run without pooping first. As hard as it may be. After thousands of runs this is my conclusion and my only guarantee that I won't get the poops during the run.

24 Hour World TT Champs-American record holder
Fat Bike Worlds - Race Director
Insta: chris.s.apex
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have shit myself once, less than a mile from home, winter time so I was wearing tights too.......yeah. I went into the garage and yelled for mrsmck414 to bring me a trash bag. Oh she had a good laugh that day. Since then, any threat of a uncontrolled shit coming and I hit bush, behind a parked car, anywhere slightly out of sight if at all possible.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had it happen during Boston Marathon one year, was dealing with stomach issues all day and had it happen right about the half-way mark in Wellesley Sq. Luckily not much came out and there was a first aid station that had porta-pots just a few hundred yards up the road so I was able to clean up quickly.

During college when I ran XC we were out one day on a run when it was snowing and one of the guys on the team had a blowout, he actually used snow to help clean himself up.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [cmscat50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cmscat50 wrote:
The obvious take away here is to never....ever....ever....run without pooping first. As hard as it may be. After thousands of runs this is my conclusion and my only guarantee that I won't get the poops during the run.

It is not a sure-fire cure for this problem. Sometimes it just happens anyway. However I fully agree here. I will delay getting any run started until I am certain I have pooped enough.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not me but as I was finishing Challenge Knoxville a 17 year old kid ran by and the smell was awful to put it mildly. He had it all up and down his backside. I slowed down a little to make sure he was far enough ahead of me as we were getting ready to run down towards the finish line. I never saw him again and thankfully never smelled him again. It was bad!!!

The funny thing was people asking me, who don't do tri's, if people do this normally since we pee on the bike.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All I am going to say is that stomach issues and sneezing fits do not go together very well...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i've had some clooooose calls. and i've squatted in some strange places. but thus far (knocking on wood) i've been lucky. including one time when running through the 'hood and coming upon a construction site with an unlocked portojohn, and being able to duck in. totallly saved me. i had another 3-4 miles before getting to my office, and it was early in the morning so everything was closed. (for anyone who knows philly, the portojohn was near the Wayne Junction train station, my run was basically from Mt. Airy to Temple U, taking Germantown Avenue to Broad st.) no way i would have made it the rest of the way. none. and no woods, either.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Freshman year of high school cross country... I was so nervous during the warmup (big race, first time running varsity) and I had to go bad! No woods around, no bushes (I'm from Illinois, lots of races were very "open")... I tried sprinting to the port-a-pottie and went all over myself before I could make it... Luckily it wasn't much (still couldn't definitely see it) so I cleaned myself up, just left the soiled running shorts in the port-a-pottie (threw them down in the toilet) and asked my coach for the extra shorts he always brought with him. People always seemed to forget parts of the uniform so he would bring a full set with him to each meet.

I have to believe he knew what happened because he didn't ask any questions and let me run :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At least you were out for a run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One time during crew practice in college, I had the need hit me so hard that I had to be shuttled by the coaching launch from the boat to the shore (which was thankfully a very wooded area).This forest was, however, not equipped with toilet paper, so I came back to the boat without my shirt. I still miss that shirt.
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [cmscat50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cmscat50 wrote:

And the equally obvious take away - never ever pick up a lone sock/glove/headband found on the trail.
Quote Reply

Prev Next