Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [Iain Gillam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Iain Gillam wrote:
To re ask a question I asked earlier in the thread - will there be a facility in the new version for downloading all the data to a CSV file?

It's exists in classic currently but obviously won't be available for much longer.

Iain

Yes, that will be available before July 1

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe it's already there and I can't find it, but where's the search function? In Classic I could easily generate (for example) a list of all rides greater than 5 hours from 2014. Is this possible in the new version?

Munq
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Many Classic coaching features appear to have not yet made it to Beta, as far as I can seen.

What is the plan for coaches on July 1st? e.g. athlete settings, data export, Premium upgrade, attaching a coach, etc
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [gtingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Printing workouts in-particular swim sessions set out by my Coach in "Classic" are spot on and nicely layed out, but printing in the new version is far from ideal.

Any idea as to when this will get ported over.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gtingley wrote:
Many Classic coaching features appear to have not yet made it to Beta, as far as I can seen.

What is the plan for coaches on July 1st? e.g. athlete settings, data export, Premium upgrade, attaching a coach, etc

Athlete settings is there currently, data export is coming, you can currently upgrade a client to Premium unless they are a "shared" athlete and attach a coach.

Rodney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When will the settings for Remove/downgrade a client, Linked coaches, Client notes, etc be implemented?. e.g. Classic "Account/Social Sharing" in Beta.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gtingley wrote:
When will the settings for Remove/downgrade a client, Linked coaches, Client notes, etc be implemented?. e.g. Classic "Account/Social Sharing" in Beta.

http://help.trainingpeaks.com/...thlete-Relationships

Rodney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In classic, dashboard charts display the average for whatever training period has been selected. This no longer exists in the new version. Don't know why it was dropped and I can't figure out any other way to get this info. This is the sort of simple info that should be easily available.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HI Rodney, sorry if you answered this already but I can't seem to find a Quandrant Analysis for my rides in the new system. Is it there or not? I don't use it much to be honest.

I will miss the Classic, it's a shame its being discontinued. I've tried for the last 6 months to embrace the New but I find it pretty slow to switch between weeks (maybe my computer).

Thanks for any help

AJ

-------------------------------------------------------
IM WC Hawaii 2024
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [RunningBezz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RunningBezz wrote:
Printing workouts in-particular swim sessions set out by my Coach in "Classic" are spot on and nicely layed out, but printing in the new version is far from ideal.

Any idea as to when this will get ported over.

Thanks

Formatting will be improved over the next few months.

Rodney
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [tttiltheend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tttiltheend wrote:
In classic, dashboard charts display the average for whatever training period has been selected. This no longer exists in the new version. Don't know why it was dropped and I can't figure out any other way to get this info. This is the sort of simple info that should be easily available.

On the list, no ETA currently.

Rodney
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [Darkwing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Darkwing wrote:
Maybe it's already there and I can't find it, but where's the search function? In Classic I could easily generate (for example) a list of all rides greater than 5 hours from 2014. Is this possible in the new version?

On the list, ETA "by end of September"

Rodney
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [Tri Bread] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri Bread wrote:
HI Rodney, sorry if you answered this already but I can't seem to find a Quandrant Analysis for my rides in the new system. Is it there or not? I don't use it much to be honest.

I will miss the Classic, it's a shame its being discontinued. I've tried for the last 6 months to embrace the New but I find it pretty slow to switch between weeks (maybe my computer).

Thanks for any help

QA on the list but I wasn't given an ETA. The new version should be faster, Flash/Flex is notoriously slow. Which browser are you using?

Rodney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
An older version of Explorer, I don't even know how old.

AJ

IM WC Hawaii 2024
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri Bread wrote:
An older version of Explorer, I don't even know how old.

OK it does require a "modern browser" that supports HTML5. IE10 or newer, Chrome, Safari, Firefox...

Rodney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, actually it is IE 11.1 or so.

AJ

IM WC Hawaii 2024
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's fine then.

Rodney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Remove, upgrade, downgrade, sharing clients with other coaches is all there now. Click on a client's name and the pop-up has the links to all those features. Coach notes will be worked on after the cutover.
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [Iain Gillam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't posted on Slowtwitch in æons, so forgive me if I transgress any conventions!

I'm curious about the why of disabling Virtual Coach. I've been sidetracked by anæmia (boo, hiss) but I've been planning to coach myself to another Ironman next year (2016). I read the Training Bible and was excited to see how I could use the Annual Training Plan and the Virtual Coach to set up a week-to-week plan that I'd use as the base for the work-outs I actually scheduled.

Did no one actually use the Virtual Coach? Is it a deprecated methodology?

No one on the Web seems at all concerned about its imminent demise.

Thanks for any thoughts! Richard
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [jrichardn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It really came down to two things. 1) Not that many people use it 2) If we were going to rebuild it in the new app, we didn't just want to rebuild it as-is, we want to make it much much better. As we considered the effort it would take to make it work like we really want, we decided it would be better to work on some completely new functionality that we have planned. Down the road at some point, we may build a whole new VirtualCoach, but for now, we've got our sights set on some really cool new stuff. It had nothing to do with the methodology. Note, the ATP will be out in a couple weeks, and it's much improved from the old one.
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [gear_fisher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the pertinent (i.e., to the point) reply! I appreciate it. And I'll look forward to the new ATP! Richard
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A bit frustrated on what seems like a simple current feature in the current version not being converted to the new TrainingPeaks platform before the discontinuation of Classic July 1. According to tech support the use of workout codes to sort will not be implemented until after the July 1 cutoff and the only way to sort workouts will be by title. That leaves the only option to categorize workouts is by adding a sort code to the beginning of each workout title. Not only will having a code at the beginning of each workout title look sloppy, it will take a few hours to add the codes with the hundreds of workouts in my libraries. And then adding the codes back into the workouts once the feature is added back after July 1 more of a waste of time.

In the Fall of '14 in the TP feature request section it was said that the option to sort by code would be added to the new version.

I understand the need to have customers migrate to the new version, but it would seem like doing this conversion during such a busy time of year for an endurance sports coach not great timing.
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [Doverman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you might have misread or support wasn't clear....

Sorting by workout codes is on the list for July 1, or very very soon after. They realize it is an import feature and are not abandoning it.

Editing workout codes will come later in the summer.

Rodney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Below is the text I received from support and I think it is quite clear that sorting by codes will not be implemented before July 1 according to them. Having the ability to find workouts easily has been one of the benefits of TrainingPeaks compared to other online training tools. My concern is that starting July 1 it will take quite a bit longer to update programs for athletes without a method to easily find workouts.

Even if it is implemented shortly after Classic dies it will impact me quite a bit. I just don't understand why Classic is being dropped before this feature is updated in the new version since it is important. What would very very soon after July 1 be; a week, a month? When it is being added impacts the decision on if I spend the time and do as tech support suggests and add a code to the beginning of the workout title.

Also, does editing codes mean adding in codes to new workouts? Would codes in existing workouts be transferred to the new system?

"Michelle Mjoen
(TrainingPeaks Help Center)
May 26, 11:07 AM
I apologize on the delay in getting back to you on this.
I checked on sorting and I misspoke- my apologies.
Sorting by workout code will be coming, but not by July 1st. We are working on updating this feature and will take a little more work than what we had originally hoped. As for searching, right now, it is searching by the Title of the workout. Some coaches and athletes have updated their workout titles to include Endurance, Strength etc so that when they try to find a workout, will be able to see it in our new system. We are working on bringing over more search/ filtering functionality, but haven't quite got it finished as of now."
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [Doverman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the list of what is in and what is out when the classic app is retired on July 1, 2015.
http://help.trainingpeaks.com/...-Flash-Site-Classic-

Filtering Workout Libraries is on the todo list for July 1. Sorting, searching and displaying workout codes is part of that. If for whatever reason this is not done by July 1 it will happen within the month of July. The new app and the classic app both pull from the same database, so existing workout codes will not be lost.
Quote Reply

Prev Next