Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:
Oh hey I can't post here anymore. Shiv has been in the shop for the recall for 4 weeks now. Not even an ETA. So you guys carry on. I don't have a Shiv anymore....

This sucks.

First received email from LBS 6 weeks ago.....Specialized shipped out only two kits (one for me) which would have been awesome, except the kits were incomplete. I'm glad I didn't train all winter to race this year, oh wait.......

"I would definitely smell her seat after a century ride"
Rappstar wrote:
That might be the post of the year right there.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [mmmike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the P2M-S on my spezi standard Size Carbon Cranks together with Rotor Blades and it works very well all together
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [ogni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Here is my Shiv Pro Race 2014 in training mode with recall changes and now 15mm lower!! Perfect :)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [shivermetimbers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went in to my lbs last week and raised holy hell.
Owner called Spec HQ and within 1hr 15 kits were on their way to his office.
I saw them yesterday, mine is being done this AM.
FWIW, LBS owner is super pissed with Spec over this whole thing so he was ok calling and pitching a fit.

Michigan Awesome

Hand2Hand Ministries
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [krozema] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will add how annoyed I've been with this whole ordeal. Im not sure who I'm more annoyed at. Should I be annoyed at my LBS for not calling up specialized like the pervious poster or not having much of clue to the fix process? Or specialized for not having the parts, under prepared for this whole fiasco and not reaching out to every LBS keeping them up to date? Waiting this long to get a replacement part/ ride my only bike is EXTREMELY frustrating. Especially when I have a race I signed up for in September in 3weeks. Can specialized pay me back for that race entry???
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [andrewblerner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I followed up with LBS as soon as this was announced. Within a week of final notice, I had my bike back, with new bars, and complete tune up. No cost.
My wife, took bike in a couple of weeks ago. They called here couple of days later, when hardware was in. She doesn't have bike back yet, but that's on her, as they said they would re fit her, to make sure everything was set, and she hasn't taken the time to go yet. No cost.
I have other friends that took in bikes at same time to other shops, they haven't heard anything yet.
With our credits, we got 2 sets of S-Works turbo tires, which they put on while they had the bikes in.
No doubt Specialized struggled through this, but hard to plan for this. Communication left something to be desired. With that said, if your LBS gets actively engaged the problem is quickly solved, if not, it could be a while. As they say the squeaky wheel gets the grease. It is fair to say my LBS knows I will call every day until solved, and will follow up with Specialized direct if needed.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CJAC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But thats kinda my point. One should not have to beg and plead with a LBS to get a bike part thats under recall from a manufacture. Also I’m not that type of person to be demanding of parts ASAP and I don’t wanna ruin a relationship with my LBS becoming “that customer”
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [andrewblerner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am having some issues with removing spacers from my steerer tube. I got a basic fit and we removed one of the 25 mm aero spacers. After testing for a little bit and deciding I was happy with it, I brought the bike to the shop to get the steerer tube cut to the proper height, as recommended. The bike was returned to me with an extra non-aero 10 mm spacer on top of the aero spacer. I initially did not notice this.
Long story short, I finally took a close look at this. I took off the extra 10 mm spacer and here is what I am seeing:

The bearing compression ring (at least I think that's what it's called in the instruction manual) is protruding about 2mm or so above the top of the stem. Of course, I cannot properly install the stem top cap in this position, which is likely why they added that extra spacer. Also, it seems to me that the steerer tube is cut about 2mm below the top of the stem, as per instruction manual as well. So, what is wrong with this setup? Should the steerer tube have been cut lower? Is this a problem with the stem angle? Or what else?

Thanks!

Less power, more aero.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [captainfranz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, it could have been shorter to avoid your issue, but personally I would throw a 5mm spacer on top and call it good. It's in the rules!
  1. Rule #45//
    Slam your stem.
    A maximum stack height of 2cm is allowed below the stem and a single 5mm spacer must always –always – be stacked above. A “slammed down” stack height is preferable; meaning that the stem is positioned directly on the top race of the headset.

Last edited by: willembad: May 13, 15 17:47
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MITaerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mark

Been waiting literally months for the bar fix and today I was adjusting my seat height and the seat clamp bolt pulled out for the second time. I have a triathlon camp coming up in a week and Ironman Canada at the end of July... Options?? Last time I had this issue my bike was gone for a month... Please give me some good options here
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [jbolles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jbolles wrote:
Mark

Been waiting literally months for the bar fix and today I was adjusting my seat height and the seat clamp bolt pulled out for the second time. I have a triathlon camp coming up in a week and Ironman Canada at the end of July... Options?? Last time I had this issue my bike was gone for a month... Please give me some good options here

Yea that's a huge mega bummer on timing and the challenge. Your warranty will 100% cover that. I can get you directly in touch with Rider Care if you don't already have a contact through your retailer. Please PM me and let me know your Specialized Retailer, the main contact person there for you, as well as where you live, email and phone contact for you. I'll make sure the team in either Canada or USA (wherever you live) gets right on this.

Sorry all, I'm not on ST as much day to day anymore so please PM me if you're waiting on a response.

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Specialized Bicycle Components
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The expander plug (the part protruding here) can be loosened with a 6mm allen and then pushed down farther in the steerer and retightened. It looks like the expander plug was assembled and tightened too high in the steerer.

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Specialized Bicycle Components
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you Mark, I will definitely give that a try. BTW, hope you will have a chance to take a look at the PM I sent you a few days ago about aerobar recall.
Loving the win tunnel videos, keep up the good work!

Less power, more aero.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jbolles wrote:
Mark

Was that frame fixed? Or was the entire frame replaced? If it was replaced do you happen to know if that's the upgraded frame with better bonding between the carbon fiber and the seat clamp threads?

Asking because I have a Shiv from 2012 with the old design and I travel quite a bit to races. It would SUCK if that happened in a hotel room a day before bike check-in.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine is the 2012 as well. When this happened previously, the frame was sent to Specialized and fixed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I need to cut my shiv carbon extension (aerobars) and I would like to know if there is something special to know about doing that?

What is the recommended (best) way to do that?

Thanks,
Fred
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CAnderson_SBC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Time seems right for an update to the Shiv. Any news on things to come for 2016 ?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [quickguru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can use a hacksaw with a fine blade or conduit pipe cutter. Youtube is your friend on learning how to cut
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [BluffPlace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know if specialized Roubaix 25/28 tires will clear a shiv?

2nd part of ?

Size of the Bolt that holds the cover for the fuel cell down?
The one on the front of the top tube
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [tomaco1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump for the work week specialized guys.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [rmg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rmg wrote:
Time seems right for an update to the Shiv. Any news on things to come for 2016 ?

What he said.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you know if a 27mm tubular tire will fit the rear on the shiv?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [quangtt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm going to test fit the Roubaix 25/28 on the bike in the next few days if that helps.
I hoped one of the specialized guys on here would answer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you switch to a different brand or type of stem some have higher stack and the 10mm of wiggle room allows you that option.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [quangtt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a 26mm S-Works Turbo tire on mine and it seems to fit fine with clearance to spare.
Quote Reply

Prev Next