Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Come'on ST Sleuths, Find Sarah Piampiano's Bike [Spiampiano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
all the makings of a good witchhunt below:

Spiampiano wrote:

1. detective memory app cell phone identify!

2. "intelliskin" identify cross check DMV!

3. VW/Audi private investigator bad PR!

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Come'on ST Sleuths, Find Sarah Piampiano's Bike [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have to ask. What is itelliskin?
Quote Reply
Re: Come'on ST Sleuths, Find Sarah Piampiano's Bike [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
SharkFM wrote:

About the roof racks: Surfing, skis, snowboards. Leaving them on the car means he's using them every week or so.

That, or he's part of the VW subculture that apparently puts racks on their cars just for the "look". Seriously, that's a thing.

THAT or he's just to lazy to remove them. Mine stay on my car and don't get used every week. Also not part of some subculture, but then again don't drive a VW so maybe I'm missing out?
Quote Reply
Re: Come'on ST Sleuths, Find Sarah Piampiano's Bike [Ty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Come'on ST Sleuths, Find Sarah Piampiano's Bike [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any update, 2 weeks later?
Quote Reply
Re: Come'on ST Sleuths, Find Sarah Piampiano's Bike [Trirunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trirunner wrote:

That guy on eBay was without a doubt IMO the person who stole the bike. If it was me I just would have purchased any item he was selling then request his contact information. The guy was selling a ton of stuff like radar detectors that were probably stolen right out of cars as well. You can do the info request easily thru eBay - not sure how that affects the legal process at all, regardless, I never mentioned that on here. It seemed like STers are more interested in a good ol' twitch hunt when they are hunting one of their own rather than a twitch hunt where someone else is affected by a stranger.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Come'on ST Sleuths, Find Sarah Piampiano's Bike [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the fact that she's already got a new bike from her sponsors somewhat diminishes the motivation/sympathy as well.

Don't get me wrong, I've been robbed a couple of times and the sense of invasion and injustice is quite unpleasant and lingers much longer, but at the end of the day she's back up and running and has probably largely moved on from it herself.
Quote Reply
Re: Come'on ST Sleuths, Find Sarah Piampiano's Bike [aw3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Might be a little bit of that but I'm not sure too many people knew she had a knew bike and on exactly at what terms. Regardless, bike thieves sucks, it is why I have a piece of junk commuter that nobody would wants to steal.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Might be a little bit of that but I'm not sure too many people knew she had a knew bike and on exactly at what terms. Regardless, bike thieves sucks, it is why I have a piece of junk commuter that nobody would wants to steal.
Yes. I didn't realize at first that she received a new bike. That does take some of the sting out of it. But if it was me I would still want this creep off the roads (and prosecuted). In fact I'm clear across the country and I want him off the streets!

Just the nerve of this guy who casually does this.

Any updates btw?
Quote Reply
Re: Come'on ST Sleuths, Find Sarah Piampiano's Bike [Ty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
now hes selling a medium Shiv.

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Re: Come'on ST Sleuths, Find Sarah Piampiano's Bike [jeremyb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeremyb wrote:
now hes selling a medium Shiv.
Who's he? Do you have a link?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Trirunner wrote:

That guy on eBay was without a doubt IMO the person who stole the bike. If it was me I just would have purchased any item he was selling then request his contact information. The guy was selling a ton of stuff like radar detectors that were probably stolen right out of cars as well. You can do the info request easily thru eBay - not sure how that affects the legal process at all, regardless, I never mentioned that on here. It seemed like STers are more interested in a good ol' twitch hunt when they are hunting one of their own rather than a twitch hunt where someone else is affected by a stranger.

Maybe. But to me it looks like he is a not too smart opportunist and certainly not a ninja high tech thief.

So many people do not lock their cars, so it is easy picking....especially in well-off neighborhoods in the Bay area.
Advantage for them is that these owners are normally insured or can write it off, so they won't come after thieves with a vengeance.
And law enforcement is mostly fine with that, as it is less hassle and they can spend their time more useful to them (my own experience with forced entry into my own car).
Last edited by: windschatten: Mar 18, 15 22:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And the suspicious user is from Oakland, CA.

Selling a shiv, intelliskin, and tons of random stuff that I can't imagine how somebody would acquire.

----------------------------------------------------------------
my strava
Quote Reply
Re: Come'on ST Sleuths, Find Sarah Piampiano's Bike [lschmidt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lschmidt wrote:

Selling a shiv, intelliskin, and tons of random stuff that I can't imagine how somebody would acquire.

Like I mentioned, I would be shocked if that wasn't the guy. However it would be sad I guess if nothing could be done about it.

Last edited by: Thomas Gerlach: Mar 19, 15 10:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
lschmidt wrote:

Like I mentioned, it would be shocked if that wasn't the guy. However it would be sad I guess if nothing could be done about it.

Does Specialized stamp a serial number to each frame's bottom bracket? If so we could ask the seller for the bottom bracket number and if its a match report it to eBay?
Quote Reply
Re: Come'on ST Sleuths, Find Sarah Piampiano's Bike [DC Pattie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes I am sure they stamp a serial number but I am sure the guy would just lie or something. Regardless, this guy has a pretty rare item that was stolen from Sarah's possession, he is selling a boat load of stuff that you would think would all be stolen from cars and garage including numerous used radar detectors. I am not sure what is necessary for warrant etc thru probable cause, but it seems if the police would have enough to bust this guy for Sarah's and another 50 heists.

Last edited by: Thomas Gerlach: Mar 19, 15 11:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know ebay launches their own fraud investigations separate from law enforcement. IE with their own investigators.

If you have a good reasoning for thinking a user is selling stolen goods, ebay WILL look into it. They take it very seriously.

Paypal (owned by ebay) is also notorious for "freezing funds first and ask questions later".

----------------------------------------------------------------
my strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And since Sarah reported this find of what's most likely her stuff to the police, they're hopefully doing their jobs of tracking this guy down instead of eating donuts.

I must say, it's rather sloppy on his part to post all of the items he steals under one account.
Quote Reply
Re: Come'on ST Sleuths, Find Sarah Piampiano's Bike [lschmidt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lschmidt wrote:
I know ebay launches their own fraud investigations separate from law enforcement. IE with their own investigators.

If you have a good reasoning for thinking a user is selling stolen goods, ebay WILL look into it. They take it very seriously.

Paypal (owned by ebay) is also notorious for "freezing funds first and ask questions later".

Can't imagine a more suspicious looking group of items for auction. Sure hope they do something.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The story made national news tonight on ABC:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3AKDw48msw

Quote Reply
Re: Come'on ST Sleuths, Find Sarah Piampiano's Bike [Cavemann] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply

Prev Next