Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston?
Quote | Reply
http://www.letsrun.com/...d=6479539&page=0

Wow, is this one taking off.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
His lifetime 5k PR and my lifetime personal worst are about the same, 21:53.

Mike is my new hero since he can somehow manage to hold that same basic pace for another 23 miles.
How does he do that?

At any rate here's this http://www.phillymag.com/...ad-mike-rossi-cheat/ in the off chance that somebody
doesn't want to wade through 30 pages of "Let's Run" stuff.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Last edited by: pattersonpaul: May 5, 15 21:00
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure seems like he cheated to me...
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [Donzo98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh great, 32 pages on Let's Run and counting . there goes my evening and tomorrow afternoon as well probably.

"Give 'em back his gears, Mike!!!"

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Meh not worth wasting time on it. Only drama and more drama.

I did read the entire Charlie Wenzel saga on pirate4x4 and that was entertaining as hell. :D
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds really fishy...plus, the guy already rubbed me wrong my with his idiotic reply letter.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that thread is entertainment at its finest.... this guys prior races do not support this guy is capable of a 3:11...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericM40-44 wrote:
Oh great, 32 pages on Let's Run and counting . there goes my evening and tomorrow afternoon as well probably.

"Give 'em back his gears, Mike!!!"

I am on page 9. There are calls to track down his wife to inform her of his cheating. This is better than The Wire.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:
Meh not worth wasting time on it. Only drama and more drama.

Isn't that the only reason to waste your time on this kind of junk?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pass the popcorn ... looks like this could get really interesting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I feel sorry for his kids.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [Jason N] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn. It's on Reddit as well.

http://www.reddit.com/...o_bq_should_we_care/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is simple. If he's never run an intermediate distance race (say 10K, 15K, or 1/2M, at the same pace as his Boston qualifier, then yes, he absolutely cheated. It's really amazing how desperate some folks are for recognition. It doesn't matter to them that they didn't really earn it because that is besides the point...they just desperately want people to be congratulating them. It's really sad.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Somebody has a tremendous amount of time on their hands. They even went through the lost and found pictures.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1o6QNphLQ7ZV_sPSCyaFV4Tm1rmOlol_AO5cxF3Lam-Q/edit#gid=0

Last edited by: Economist: May 5, 15 19:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got sucked into reading this this on Letsrun earlier today.

A fine Twitchunt if you ask me. Chapeau Letsrun!
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [Economist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Economist wrote:
Somebody has a tremendous amount of time on their hands. They even went through the lost and found pictures.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1o6QNphLQ7ZV_sPSCyaFV4Tm1rmOlol_AO5cxF3Lam-Q/edit#gid=0

I love one of the early exchanges:

"Get a life!"
"This IS our life."

—Mr. Hand
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [Economist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Economist wrote:

Now that is impressive

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think this is far more common than people realize. BAA should have a 10k timing split mandate for all BQ courses. Didn't we just comment on this for the St. Louis marathon?
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [DC Pattie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DC Pattie wrote:
I think this is far more common than people realize. BAA should have a 10k timing split mandate for all BQ courses. Didn't we just comment on this for the St. Louis marathon?

They really should have intermediate points like 10k, 20k and 30k splits to see if those split times correlate with the finish times.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The thing that I don't get (either way) after reading through 25+ pages last night is that there is a photo of him with his medal wearing a GPS watch.

• If you go to a marathon planning to cheat, why are you wearing a GPS watch?
  • If you did it legitimately, couldn't you produce the GPS file? (Barring watch issues, of course - but he never said he had watch issues in his statement)

The only thing that I can think of is that he planned to cheat "just in case" he didn't hit his target paces. But then again, why not leave the watch in the car once you've done the deed? Hopefully one of the internet mob can take a look at the photo to see if distance / time is showing on the watch.

Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:
The thing that I don't get (either way) after reading through 25+ pages last night is that there is a photo of him with his medal wearing a GPS watch.

• If you go to a marathon planning to cheat, why are you wearing a GPS watch?
  • If you did it legitimately, couldn't you produce the GPS file? (Barring watch issues, of course - but he never said he had watch issues in his statement)

The only thing that I can think of is that he planned to cheat "just in case" he didn't hit his target paces. But then again, why not leave the watch in the car once you've done the deed? Hopefully one of the internet mob can take a look at the photo to see if distance / time is showing on the watch.

He clearly planned to cheat. That is why he picked a race without intermediate timing mats and also one with a relay going on at the same time so it would not be unusual to have runners joining the race from the crowd.

This is how important GPS watches are, you use them even when you are not running race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is stunning to me that BAA would use a marathon that does not have intermediate timing mats as an approved qualifier for Boston.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
He clearly planned to cheat. That is why he picked a race without intermediate timing mats and also one with a relay going on at the same time so it would not be unusual to have runners joining the race from the crowd.

This is how important GPS watches are, you use them even when you are not running race.

There is no evidence that he cheated. Only lots of circumstantial evidence that point to it being highly likely he cheated. I would be willing to wager that one more piece of circumstantial evidence out there is an email to the RD asking how many timing mats there would be.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:

Just remember to not wear them while stashing the body.

I came across that last night. You never want these to be true, but this one looks pretty obvious. He fits the common profile to a 'T' and is doing the exact same things all these guys do when they are caught.

As many have pointed out in that thread, if he hadn't made such a spectacle of himself and bragging about how great he was, no one would have ever noticed. He pretty much deserves the shit storm raging over his head.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:
Hopefully one of the internet mob can take a look at the photo to see if distance / time is showing on the watch.

Quote Reply

Prev Next