Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What hydration solutions do you like for sprint and oly distances? [SpecializedMok] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used a XLAB carbon mount (it looks like it's a predecessor to the Torpedo Mini Mount--same exact concept, slightly different shape) and attached a Specialized Rib cage. I bought the little frame second hand and it did not come with the little velcro straps. Instead, I used about 2 inches of bar tape on the areo bars and then mounted it with zip ties. The zip ties "bite" into the bar tape so it's nice and secure and does not slide forward or backward when I remove the bottle. One tip that I learned after my first HIM with this setup...I put a drop of glue on the threads of the screws mounting the bottle cage...because without it, the road vibration caused them to work loose.
Quote Reply
Re: What hydration solutions do you like for sprint and oly distances? [dprocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool tip I picked up from Pro James Haycraft (a common poster on aero everything)
On my BTA bottle mount use a specialized or XXX brand side open type cage. Makes taking bottles in/out that much easier to stay Aero.
Quote Reply
Re: What hydration solutions do you like for sprint and oly distances? [dprocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. For now I am trying the profile design universal mount (forget exact name) to mount to my aerobar. I use that for garmin unit. I just keep the bottle in the back. Will try for a bit. Ideally I think I want the x-lab carbon mount and put bottle cage.

As an alternative to the glue you use maybe locktite on the screws can work also.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: What hydration solutions do you like for sprint and oly distances? [andrewblerner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool thanks Andrew!
Quote Reply
Re: What hydration solutions do you like for sprint and oly distances? [SpecializedMok] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a TriRig Omega SV brake for sale which works with the Shiv in the "classifieds" if anyone is interested. Link below, thanks.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?post=5497974;
Quote Reply
Stuff needed to upgrade to Di2 ??? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am thinking of purchasing a Shiv Elite model and upgrading to Ultegra Di2 down the road. I was wondering what I might want to consider purchasing when I buy the bike itself to be able to do this.

Do I need to upgrade to the carbon bars or can I use the stock bars that come with the Elite model with the Di2 groupset ? Anything else I need to consider?
Quote Reply
Re: Stuff needed to upgrade to Di2 ??? [keqwow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The shiv is designed for DI2... I had one with standard and now with DI2... The only difference is, that we included the battery in the seat post so its clean... Normaly the battery is external
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CAnderson_SBC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just upgraded race wheels (24mm wide wheels with carbon brake tracks). I don't race a lot as I prefer long course but adjusting the brakes is a pain, especially the rear. Has anyone swapped to a different style of brakes on the Shiv? If so, what style/brand? Also open to suggestions for wide (24mm) training wheels at least for the rear. I still have to swap pads but that isn't too bad. It's the cable adjustments that I hate screwing with.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Jkintn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The TriRig Omega SV works great on the Shiv. It also has really easily adjustable brakes.
Quote Reply
Re: Stuff needed to upgrade to Di2 ??? [ogni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm halfway through a Di2 install on a Shiv. I've managed to jam the four port junction behind the cable access cover behind the bottom bracket, but was wondering if people also shove it down the seat post? Any views on which is the better position?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CAnderson_SBC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi there

Am I the only one who find it difficult to mount and remove my rear wheel after mounting a pair of Maguras on my Shiv tri? I used the Specialized brackets with the no '1' in the front and no '2' in rear. Its like my rear wheel get caught between the rear mech hanger and the brake under the BB. I have to unscrew the whole QR and fiddle with the wheel to get it in and out of the frame.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Stuff needed to upgrade to Di2 ??? [Nobbie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would anyone be willing to add a few photographs of their Di2 upgrade? Cable routing, mounting components etc.?
Quote Reply
Re: Stuff needed to upgrade to Di2 ??? [keqwow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PM me with your email and I can send you pics of mine. Just upgraded to Di2 2 weeks ago. Bike is very clean and love every bit of di2. Wouldnt own a bike without now.
Quote Reply
Re: Stuff needed to upgrade to Di2 ??? [Rlinden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rlinden...PM sent. THANKS!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MrSommer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I noticed the same thing when I installed Maguras. It's definitely a tighter fit, but I don't have to actually remove the skewer. The skewer kind of wedges against the rear derailleur and then "pops" in and out. I found letting a little air out of the tire helps.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread - Reserve Rack and xLab Tire Mate [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone tried fitting an xLab Tire Mate (http://xlab-usa.com/tire-mate.html) onto the Sitero Reserve Rack?

I'd like to fit it to where the silver pump is mounted in this photo, but I'm not sure that the diameter of the xLab pump fits the rack.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it because the arms of your brake are not big enough to let the tire through? There is a thing you flick on your brakes to let the arms go wider...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [SpecializedMok] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SpecializedMok wrote:
Is it because the arms of your brake are not big enough to let the tire through? There is a thing you flick on your brakes to let the arms go wider...

Nope, its not the with between the brakepads, I'm aware of the break-release "thing" on the Maguras. It's simple that the tire is pressed against the inner-side of the brake, where the brake arms meet and the rear derailleur dropout.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MITaerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Mark!

Do you happen to know where I can get the Shiv's Low Stack Aerobar Clamp Set?

I've been emailing back and forth with some dealers and all keep telling me they are waiting for a reply from Specialized HQ.

I've seen some posts were people say they got it in the LBS.

I'm from Peru so I was looking to order it online for when I travel!

Hope you (or any slowtwitcher) can help me!

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Stefano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes I got it replaced. Took a couple of hours but I just picked it up a few days later..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh sucks. Sorry I can't help :(
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [SpecializedMok] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh hey I can't post here anymore. Shiv has been in the shop for the recall for 4 weeks now. Not even an ETA. So you guys carry on. I don't have a Shiv anymore....

This sucks.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread - Reserve Rack and xLab Tire Mate [ewc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We just tried and I would advise against it unless you strapped it down with something more than the O-ring band that's included. It shifts up & down quite a bit as there is not much to stop it from moving.

Candice Turner
CEO
XLAB - Aerodynamic Triathlon Accessories
Dawn to Dusk - Off-road Specific Storage Accessories
http://www.XLAB-USA.com http://www.dawntodusk.bike
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread - Reserve Rack and xLab Tire Mate [Candice - XLAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for testing this.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought a used Shiv yesterday. I'm looking to add a power meter and want to change from standard to compact cranks. So I was leaning towards getting a Power2max power meter and buying new chainrings. The carbon crank arm that came with the bike is the right size for me. So I have two questions I'd appreciate help with;
1. Given I have old 10 speed dura ace di2 components on the bike what would you recommend for chainrings (Specialized vs SRAM vs others)?
2. Is Power2max a pretty solid choice? Anyone suggest a flat out better choice?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Quote Reply

Prev Next