Login required to post replies

Post deleted by sabeast
Re: SLP 2001 or Falco V Bike? [sabeast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dimond
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I must be out of the loop, but what is the SLP 2001? If you were going for a beam bike, you should get a beam bike that makes use of the best feature of a beam...and that is in rider comfort. The Falco does not seem to take this into consideration based on responses from the designer of the bike (which can be found elsewhere on this forum). The diamond does still have and elastomer based shock remediation system from what I understand (harkening back to the zipp 2001/3001). There is also Titanflex (I ride one and love it), and tons of old softrides to be had used (Ive got one of those as a trainer which I picked up used for under $200). Are you buying to be fast, to look cool, or a little of both? This may have an influence on your decision as well.

Stephen J

I believe my local reality has been violated.
Quote | Reply
stephenj wrote:
I must be out of the loop, but what is the SLP 2001? If you were going for a beam bike, you should get a beam bike that makes use of the best feature of a beam...and that is in rider comfort. The Falco does not seem to take this into consideration based on responses from the designer of the bike (which can be found elsewhere on this forum). The diamond does still have and elastomer based shock remediation system from what I understand (harkening back to the zipp 2001/3001). There is also Titanflex (I ride one and love it), and tons of old softrides to be had used (Ive got one of those as a trainer which I picked up used for under $200). Are you buying to be fast, to look cool, or a little of both? This may have an influence on your decision as well.

Stephen J

No elastomer on the Dimond between the beam/frame. You still do get some absorption from the 1-2mm of deflection from the beam (will depend on rider weight).

I find it is a more comfortable ride for roads with chip seal, especially when running a disc rear (i.e. IMNZ).

Team Kiwami
Instagram
Quote Reply
Post deleted by sabeast [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: sabeast: Apr 10, 15 12:37
Re: SLP 2001 or Falco V Bike? [Will132] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will132 wrote:
Dimond

X2

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As a Dimond owner, I absolutely LOVE the bike. Aside from the fact that the bike rides awesome and looks sick; the guys at Dimond are awesome. There just aren't many bike companies that you can call the Headquarters and speak with someone that can effect change.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got my Falco on order... I did my homework and these are good beam bikes with equal flex in the beam with the Dimond and more stability than the older Zipp etc.. I am sure that the guys at Dimond are cool, nice, fun to get a beer with guys who make a great bike. So is Binny at Falco... he just happens to live in a different country and offer a bike for 2k+ less.

I will say that the layout for cables (if you choose to use them) is very nicely setup.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by sabeast [ In reply to ]