Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike shorts for split nosed tri saddle
Quote | Reply
I've discovered that the cycling shorts I love on my road bike aren't as good on my tri bike. I've not had a split nosed saddle before (or a tri bike!) and appreciate the soft tissue relief and the general increase in comfort when riding in a more aero position but are there shorts with a low waistband in front that have more padding where the saddle arms sit?
Quote Reply
Re: Bike shorts for split nosed tri saddle [MadNellie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's a few of us that have, oddly enough, had better results with shorts that have less padding on the tri saddles. I know it sounds counter-intuitive and I totally agree, but having done IMCHOO on a Cobb split saddle in SmashfestQueen trishorts (love, love, love me some Hilary Biscay!) & not had any issues I've really just become a believer.

Now, on my road bike, you'll pry the cushier padding out of my cold, dead hands. With the exception of the Pearl Izumi shorts. Whatever they've done to add more & more cush to the bits has just become overkill for me. Too much diaper.

AW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was actually just going to say what AWARE said. I've had better luck with shorts with less padding on my tri bike. Honestly, when I switched to the ISM saddle most of my discomfort was caused by it not being adjusted correctly. Once I got it all tweaked and dialed in, I had discomfort while I got used to the pressure being in different places than I was used to. Once everything toughened up, more padding was problematic.

As far as shorts with rise go, Voler's cycling shorts have a v-waistband that makes them pretty low in the front. They are my team kit and I find the waistband to actually be pretty comfy. Voler's tri shorts are also very low rise, as are 2XU's.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike shorts for split nosed tri saddle [AWARE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmm.. I hadn't considered tri shorts but will give them a go!
Quote Reply
Re: Bike shorts for split nosed tri saddle [katcycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And I might just have to toughen up. Will have a look at the shorts, thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
again wtih the other ladies - i have the Adamo split rail and use all kinds of bibs (whatever is the cheapest) and love the more minimal ones. go figure. :)

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it's individualized, just like almost everything else in tha region. I can do cycling shorts or tri shors as long as they are tight. The extra bunching is what chafes me and causes issues when I want to move around. for long rides in the aerobars I love well fitting (almost too tight) cycling bibs. On the rollers I use tight and w/ minimal padding shorts.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike shorts for split nosed tri saddle [katcycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried a pair of 2XU tri shorts on today and they are clearly not made for me! Very low at the back...there was some serious risk of displaying more than I want to.

Does anyone in the UK know of a stockist for SmashfestQueen, Voler, or Coeur?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't try Voler tri shorts, then, as they are even lower - we had to change kit suppliers for tri because many were showing some crack last year. The 2015 fit kit showed up and they were even lower! It was horrifying. I have no idea why they insist on cutting their otherwise very nice shorts below my hipbone.

The cycling shorts don't have that issue. Thank God.

We switched to Sugoi.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love my Assos shorts with my ISM saddle. My preferred riding position is with pelvis rolled far forward (sit bones off saddle), and my Assos shorts have wide, firm padding in the front where I need it for where I position myself on the split nose.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike shorts for split nosed tri saddle [Mell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool. This is what I thought I needed so can try both options!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have ordered some Coeur tri shorts through a kind American friend...hope I love them as much as everyone else seems to.

Any suggestions for tri kit shopping near Oceanside? Might be a nice distraction from the atmosphere.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh my goodness. We're going to be on pins and needles waiting for feedback! We certainly hope you do! Of course, if you don't we'll gladly take them back, no questions asked. By the way, we'd recommend Nytro http://www.nytro.com/ and Herevolution http://hertrishop.com/ if you're near Oceanside. They are both about 10 miles south of Oceanside but we think they are worth the drive. Herevolution is women's specific and Nytro is the (in our opinion) the best Triathlon shop near San Diego.

thanks,

Charlotte

http://www.coeursports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Bike shorts for split nosed tri saddle [Charlotte] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will let you know in about a month when I am in North America and can try them :)

Thanks for the tri store suggestions. I'll check them out!
Quote Reply