Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

advise for gf's new purse
Quote | Reply
My partner recently started a new policy job, which is her dream job. However, she feels that her current purse is insufficient both practically and stylistically in the legislative environment. I would like to gift her a new purse/bag but don't know what to start. I know she wants something to fit her laptop, has strong/thick shoulder straps, and is professional looking. I take the last one to mean darker colors, idk. She isn't too much into brands as she is quality.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: advise for gf's new purse [yoondaddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fossil makes lots of nice bags - lots of classic styling too.
Quote Reply
Re: advise for gf's new purse [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ooh yes, Fossil is nice too although I tend to be attracted towards their more bohemian styles :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've owned a Coach bag for decades. While the initial cost may be high, amortizing the cost over the time you own it makes it more of an investment in quality.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a massive nylon Kate Spade that holds everything. The nylon bags are actually fairly reasonable. Tumi also makes some good bags with laptop sleeves that are pretty nice.

I would really like a Longchamp bag, but $$$.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kate Spade is a good option. I've gotten rid of all my leather purses except one, a Kate Spade leather briefcase that is the perfect blend of style, simplicity, laptop and space for other things. It was a limited edition so I can't find it online.

Be sure it has a thick strap that will allow her to carry it cross body.

I don't know your price range but this is a great bag that will always be stylish and professional: http://couture.zappos.com/...-nylon-daveney-black It isn't leather but Kate Spade makes very durable bags so the nylon will be thick and save some weight.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have absolutely no hand bag advice for you, but...what about making a day of it - lunch, take her shopping for the bag - celebrate her new job and how proud you are of her. I think that is the really cool memory and she has something tangible at the end of the day to remind her of the day, your love, your pride, support, etc. It is so great that you are supportive and proud. I think most people really want *that* moment, not necessarily 'things', but maybe this would be the best of both worlds.

Or maybe I am just cheesy after drinking wine!