Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [onceatriathlet3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its a vision trimax aluminum.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Henki [ In reply to ]
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [fedrusion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fedrusion wrote:
recently picked up a TT02 from a friend who's getting out of the sport. Would any of you guys running the older time machines be able to help me out with the std length on the seat post? I've got a large and can get all of the fit details where I want with the exception of saddle height, with the saddle in the correct position I have very little seat-post left in the frame, like 5-6cm, definitely not enough. The length looks odd running around 26-27cm which makes me think its been cut.

Went to my local giant shop, ordered a trinity seat post after testing my to short post in an old frame they had. Should be here some time next week. Now I can start looking at some other improvements, mainly the cockpit and saddle. Cockpit might wait until I can get some saddle time.

This is what I was dealing with :(
[URL=http://s151.photobucket.com/...zpszeemeesz.jpg.html][/url]

[URL=http://s151.photobucket.com/...142917549_n.jpg.html][/url]

Hoping to make an improvement over my previous TT rig, i.e. my rainbike with clip ons. And Ghetto Aero.
[URL=http://s151.photobucket.com/...844513596_n.jpg.html][/url]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The more you know.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HI guys - can i get a quick reply here - any issue with clearances with the Stages Power meter? running shimano ultegra on my tm01
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Reactions] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not sure with stages but when I put my quarq elsa on they had to really play around with it to clear. i also run shimano ultegra.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [onceatriathlet3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the response - there is a pod on the left crank arm

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmm, yeah, from what my LBS (good friend) said was the clearance issue for me was on the crank side, but that pod can be equally hard to maneuver around. My best guess and opinion on bikes is usually it can almost always be done. It's more of a matter of finding a willing mechanic and having the money for upcharges on special work. But in my opinion I think it's definitely possible.

Also, I'm pretty sure certain I read somewhere earlier on the thread here somewhere that someone was using a stages on their tm01.

Good luck.
Quote Reply
BMC TM01 upgrades - Hed 60 and Sampson Aerobars [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This bike had traditional drop road bars and clip-ons; I am a lousy descender and where I live in the SF Bay Area there are a lot of descents; I appreciate the drops of a regular road bars because they position your hands lower and securely. Unfortunately, because of the shorter top tube of a tri-bike your weight biases forward so despite the more secure feel, handling is a bit sketchy.
Was looking at Sampson's aerobars and noticed the "drops" are positioned way forward with a significant upward bend. These feel great!
And - they are on sale, too. These came in at 740 grams.

Also upgraded with a HedJet 60 front and Hed bottle cages. RIP Steve Hed.

Last edited by: twain: Mar 20, 15 9:55
Quote Reply
Re: BMC TM01 upgrades - Hed 60 and Sampson Aerobars [twain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is what it looked like with the road bars

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just at the front end on both sides of the TM01 top tube there is a tiny plastic cover. Somehow I managed to break one of them. Is it for Di2 mount or other purposes? Do you know if the covers come as spare parts?
Quote Reply
Re: BMC TM01 upgrades - Hed 60 and Sampson Aerobars [albafar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The tiny plastic covers are to prevent the handlebars/fork from swinging back into the frame.
You probably don't need to replace them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
didn't get that thought at all! But thanks!
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
BMC TM01 Stem Adjustment Parts for Fit [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just bought a used 2013 TM01. The seller could not find any of the many spare stem/fitting parts that come with the bike. The current attachment setup has a really low drop and I'm looking to raise the tri bars up a bit for my positioning.

1. Would anyone be willing to sell me some of their spare stem parts if you are happy with current set up?
2. Has anyone dealt with ordering these parts direct from BMC or have advice on how to get them?
3. Assuming I don't find the parts I need, does anyone have ideas on how to raise my body positioning with my current limited part setup?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: BMC TM01 Stem Adjustment Parts for Fit [taaffer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can get the various spacers from here:

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/bmc/stem-spacer-10mm-20mm-hinge-fork-tm01-ec033243

I'd double check that the spacers come with the appropriate bolts, each combination of spacers requires a different length bolt.
Quote Reply
Re: BMC TM01 Stem Adjustment Parts for Fit [taaffer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Call BMC. They'll work with your local BMC dealer (or Internet dealer if you don't have one nearby) to get you the parts. Outstanding customer service!

"Suddenly the thought struck me. My floor is someone elses ceiling"-Nils Ferlin
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [fabricatedyou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi - I've had the TM02 for a few months now. Initially got on with it pretty well but now getting increasingly convinced I have the wrong sized frame. I bought a size M-S and am around 5' 10". Here's a pic of me in action:-

I did a half-decent time in a 10 mile TT but with so much weight over the front wheel it feels a little unsettled on decents when down on the extensions. Is it a case of replacing the bike? Any comments welcome, cheers.

Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [adammac42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
adammac42 wrote:
I did a half-decent time in a 10 mile TT but with so much weight over the front wheel it feels a little unsettled on decents when down on the extensions. Is it a case of replacing the bike? Any comments welcome, cheers.

That's a lot of stem with the seat fairly far back (for a tri position) for that bike. A longer frame with a shorter stem should feel more stable. Are you a tri or TT guy?

This hits home to me because a pro Retul fitter in the Chicago area had me on a M-L TM02 with a 130 stem. 6' with 6'4" wing span. Slightly more torso than legs. It was my first dedicated tri bike and I figured the scary handling was normal. The fork steerer cracked a year later (see several posts up) and BMC sent a new frame. Thankfully they agreed to a L instead of a ML and I dropped down to a 110 stem with the same seat angle/height and pad height. The difference in stability was astounding. The handling may be sharper on a smaller frame, but at a steep seat angle, I (personally) value stable over sharp. I'm not exactly an elite or pro and taller guys than me are riding smaller frames to much better finishes. For mountain biking I like to size down when in doubt since it's easy to shift your weight back on descending and sharper handling is more useful. Pretty much the opposite attitude on a tri bike.

YMMV. It's ultimately up to you since it's your hobby.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a 120mm stem, I'd really like to get the seat further forward but can't because there's no where to go - I'm pushed as far forward as the frame will allow. I've probably answered my own question TBH, it's very frustrating because my favoured event is the sporting TT (hilly TT) where handling is very important. If I can't trust the bike in a technical decent then it's no use. I'd probably be faster on my road bike.
Quote Reply
Re: BMC TM01 upgrades - Top tube bag [kraton77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used heavy duty velcro to attach an Xlab Pocket 400 top tube bag. Original straps were cut off for a clean look.

Last edited by: NChamberlin: Mar 27, 15 12:48
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [fabricatedyou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My TM01

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Reactions wrote:
thanks for the response - there is a pod on the left crank arm

I run Stages for Shimano 9000 Dura Ace and I have no clearance issues. Never even thought about it :-). If you want to see a picture, send me a PM.

#KISPERFORMANCE
Quote Reply
Re: BMC TM01 upgrades - Top tube bag [NChamberlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been thinking about doing that. How well does it stay on?

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next