Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official power2max support thread [power2max] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are the Shimano 4 bolt versions of the s type ever coming back? What happened there would like to move from my 7900 rings to my 9000 rings at some stage cause the Power2Max is ridiculously good and want it perfect with 4 bolts :)

Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Radioactive Man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

unfortunately I don't have info on that, but from what I hear it's not planned. Thanks for your understanding.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
http://www.power2max.com/northamerica
official power meter of Movistar Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great, thanks. Followup question. The Specialized Venge uses what they call an OSBB. Do you know if any adapters or bottom bracket replacement is required when using the Rotor 3D+ Power2Max on a new Venge?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [michael_runs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HI Michael,

the OSBB creates a BB30 interface (if a 30mm axle crank is installed). You can install a Rotor 3D+ or FSA BB386EVO model without adapters. All necessary spacers are included with the power meter and cranks.

Cheers
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Finished my ride a few days ago and the power meter (classic FSA gossamer) worked great. Climbed onto it today, it's dead -- neither my ant+ stick, 310xt, nor edge 500 pick it up. I would *assume* dead battery, but I just installed the power meter in December and have roughly 30 hours on the battery.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [cloy26] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi cloy,

The easiest way to check what the status of the power meter is is to open the battery compartment and see what color led is turning on.

When you try to connect it to a new ant + receiver make sure to skin the cranks to wake up the power meter.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the classic -- I'm assuming there's no LED to look for?

Also, I've spun the cranks and still none of my devices see it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's a LED inside. Open up the cover. Mine was "dead" last week and indeed a new battery had it blinking green and happy (after a year of intensive use, though). Sometimes included batteries on electronic devices come "half-dead" after sitting inside the device for ages, so the lifetime of the first battery might not be indicative.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [tessartype] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had some serious battery issues lately.
Chalking it up to cold weather here (I hope).
I had to replace one battery after less than a month.
It was a Renata but I think a dud.
Try battery first & foremost.
You gonna trust a $2. battery over a $1000. PM
Change that out first.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, I opened it up and I don't see any LED, so I assume it's not blinking. lol. I ordered two batteries so once they get here, I'll see if it's the battery.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Keep us posted!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Cloy,

the LED will only start flashing for 20s if you install a battery. If the battery is completely dead there would be no LED when you insert the battery.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it pretty easy to replace the colored ring/sticker on the Type S power meters?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So there is not really a way to see the life of a battery. Just guess based off hours? What is the avg hours on a new battery?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [GAUG3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@Dunbar: yes, it's pretty easy. It's just a strong sticker. Pull it off, clean any glue residue off (not with a solvent, just some soapy water) and stick a new one on.

@Gaug3: Garmins give a low battery warning and on a Type S there is an external LED that will shine red when the battery is empty.

Cheers
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi
A calibration question for you.
I have a S type meter and a Garmin 500 head unit
When I turn my Garmin on it detects the Power Meter and asks if I would like to calibrate with a yes or no
If I pick yes the Garmin units says it is calibrating but never does calibrate, it just sits there.

Any suggestions?
Jonathan
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Jonboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This can commonly happen if you have a HR monitor selected as present on the Edge but aren't wearing it.

If that's the case just deselect the HR monitor on the head unit and it should calibrate.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Steve Irwin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think my meter shows the same issue than yours. I did a zero offset at around 25 minutes into my warm up of a FTP test. I used the same gear and resistance before and after the zero offset, and tried to drive with equal cadence. The difference was quite clear, 129w to 117w, and I looked at a itnerval of about a minute before and after the offset. So during trainer rides it seems necessary to zero offset between interwals. Tried to upload a picture of the power graph but did not succeed :)
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Jonboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why would you try to calibrate the P2M?
It is my understanding that it needs to calibration.
I have had mine for years w/ no calibration.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My bike is a Felt AR5, with a FSA BB30 bottom bracket, but there are 24 mm spindle reducers and a 105 5800 crankset installed. I'm looking at getting a power2max - will the Classic FSA gossamer work with the 24mm spindle reducers? Or do I need a different bb conversion kit?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [texas_bikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I read in the specs that the spindle reducers are from FSA, so the FSA Gossamer Classic should fit directly.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Nicolas, I appreciate it
Last edited by: texas_bikes: Feb 20, 15 10:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Nicolas,
I have had 3 P2M's for about 3-4 years now.
Recently, over the past few (winter) months I have had some cadence / power drop outs on my Edge 1000.
After replacing the (Renata) battery, everything seems to be back to normal (fixed). This has happened on my 2 bikes I use each over the past 2 months (so that is 1 x per month on each bike over the last two months).
I wonder ..............
1) Can it be the severe cold? I store the bikes in my garage (around 40 degrees Fahrenheit most of the winter. Can that cause this bad a battery degradation?
2) The battery's are (as I stated) of the Renata type. Purchased thru Radio Shack locally. Could it be I am having bad luck with batterys? Seems odd. This is a total of 4 different times this has happened between 2 bikes over two months. All "fixed" for a short while by replacing with a new battery. Is there a foolproof place to purchase HIGH QUALITY batteries from?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm trying to figure out if I can use one p2m between my two bicycles.

2011 Cannondale Slice with bb30
2011 Cervelo s2 with FSA megaexo ?

Thanks for any info I'm still sort of new to this.

Also do you have a Canadian Distributor?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Y-Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HI Y-tri,

couple of questions.:
- How long were the drop outs in duration?
- Did they happen on every ride or randomly?
- You changed the battery on each power meter twice?
- Do you happen to have another Garmin you could put side by side to check if it's a reception or sending issue?

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply

Prev Next