Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pregnancy breastfeeding and signing up for ironman 1 year after giving birth
Quote | Reply
I signed up for ironman florida in November 2015 & Augusta 70.3 in September. I just gave birth to a beautiful baby girl in October 2014. I'm Planning on breastfeeding for 6 months plus and wondered if my body will still be depleted for these races (pregnancy & breastfeeding) or if it will be ok for these endurance events? My obgyn didn't seem to think twice about my decision. I will not be breastfeeding during these events/stopping breastfeeding prior to.

Anybody have any anecdotal or firsthand advice ?
Quote Reply
Re: Pregnancy breastfeeding and signing up for ironman 1 year after giving birth [aimee7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depleted how?
Quote Reply
Re: Pregnancy breastfeeding and signing up for ironman 1 year after giving birth [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
During pregnancy & breastfeeding your body takes vitamins and gives it to the baby. I take prenatal supplements and extra calcium but training is also hard on the body.
Quote Reply
Re: Pregnancy breastfeeding and signing up for ironman 1 year after giving birth [aimee7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you are eating a well balanced diet, taking vitamins and feeling good I don't see how it should be an issue. You could always get some bloodwork done now and then again a few months into training to see how things are going.

I was just happy to make it through the day when my son was little. It was a VERY long first year. I'm a little jealous of your ability to take on so much.
Quote Reply
Re: Pregnancy breastfeeding and signing up for ironman 1 year after giving birth [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awe thank you! I am very happy to be up to my full volume of training now and after a few weeks after I had my daughter. We will see how it goes now that I start work next week it's been much easier while on maternity leave.
Quote Reply